Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

OSM 510 Skellig

• 16-12-2020 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Has anyone experience of the O’Sullivan’s Marine OSM 510 Skellig?
    Just retired and hope to potter around the coast with the grandkids fishing and watching wildlife.
    I have a chance of a good deal on the 510 with a 20hp engine but am very inexperienced. I would appreciate feedback. Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

I had a similar one many moons ago, good strong safe boat mine was a bit heavy 70's fibreglass :) I'm sure the newer ones are lighter.

001.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Greenwells

Thanks Fergal
    It’s not a fast boat due to the displacement hull - was that ever an issue for you?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Greenwells wrote: »
    Thanks Fergal
    It’s not a fast boat due to the displacement hull - was that ever an issue for you?

No problem the 20hp will push you along just fine, it was a bit off putting being last to the fishing grounds in competitions and last back to the harbour :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Greenwells

Ha ha - as long as you were catching fish ðŸ‘

Advertisement