Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Have a happy and safe A&R Christmas!

• 13-12-2020 8:39pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Hi everyone,
    Just a little message that hopes you all have a a great Christmas this year, staying safe and well, as well as your families.
    I know it's a tough one, but I've no doubt it'll be lovely.
    And thanks for the good reading and spirits over 2020 here on the A&R forum, where other forums and threads.had their troubles we have done pretty well, so thanks again, as a user and as a mod.

Happy Holidays!

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493bovxid3m2jn7f3axpllf4nlvusybxtrdtd7nxfhmh&rid=giphy.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Happy "politically correct" holidays everyone.

Not been here a whole lot recently. New babies tend to take up a pretty big chunk of time

• Registered Users Posts: 10,902 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Hope everyone has a healthy and happy Christmas, here's to 2021 (fingers crossed) being better.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,392 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Happy Christmas everyone! We'll have to have a meet up as soon as all this uncertainly is over. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,794 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Happy holidays everyone.

Hope you all wake up with X68000s under the xmas tree.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Gradius

Waaaay too early for this sort of thing, like putting the Christmas tree up in November. Christmas officially begins as soon as Christmas Nights changes the clock on the saturn :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Happy Commodoremass y'all!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Happy Christmas everyone, it's been an interesting year but I'm glad to see A&R remain the same. Other forums have too much bickering, I'm glad I could continue to see Interesting new pickups and the same general retro discussion around emulation and new hardware and games being released.

You're a sound bunch of lads. Despite my awful taste in games I always feel welcome :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,794 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

DaveyDave wrote: »
    Happy Christmas everyone, it's been an interesting year but I'm glad to see A&R remain the same. Other forums have too much bickering, I'm glad I could continue to see Interesting new pickups and the same general retro discussion around emulation and new hardware and games being released.

You're a sound bunch of lads. Despite my awful taste in games I always feel welcome :)

Unless you like Robocop vs. Terminator or Legend of Dragoon

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Happy Christmas All.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Hope ye all have a good Christmas / holidays. Have all my new and old Christmas cards from beers gone by up and around the place.
    I'm gonna try streaming Christmas Nights on Christmas day, closest to a beers I'll have :pac:
    DaveyDave wrote: »
    Pretty good description tbh

• Advertisement

Happy Christmas you filthy animals.

I'm in work but all packed up to go home after lunch. Hoping to get some emulation gaming in on my PC, retroarch has really helped my get back into retro gaming in a big way this year so thanks to everyone for putting up with my moaning about shaders!

I've been pretty fortunate this year to have a lot of good stuff happen to me, very thankful of that. I know other people aren't so fortunate.

Hopefully this all blows over soon and there's a beers meet up.

And if you need to vent at 2020 Charlie Brooker has a 2020 special on netflix on the 27th.

Master of the Universe

Glad to hear the year worked out for you man, we got through fairly unscathed here too thankfully.

I went from starting a new job in January with a years worth of holidays, concerts and festivals away planned to spending 2020 cooped up in a city centre apartment, working a new job from home trying to either cancel or reschedule a dizzying amount of plans.

Still, everyone has survived so far (I've four grandparents in their 80s!) so that's the main thing!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm off from today for fourteen days.
    We've had the beginnings of an outbreak in the past week or so, but everyone seems to be recovering well.

I'm glad people are hanging in there, good to hear all of your voices over the past year.

Master of the Universe

Enjoy the two weeks! Sure you could actually manage to finish a game in that amount of time :pac:

I think my missus bought me a Jap Saturn with an ODE so I'll hopefully be spending Christmas playing Psychic Killer Taromaru and Cho Aniki.

Will make sure to lash The Tower on there too.

You're actually going to break the seal?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Merry Christmas to all you lovely folks!

While we've been lucky enough to still be working from home, busier than ever really, it has been a tough year mentally for everyone! Looking forward to going to the Winchester the beers again once this all blows over! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭Inviere

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Merry Xmas one and all , hope Santa was generous :)

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭paul79

Hope everyone had a great Christmas , I wish everyone a happy new year and here’s to a great 2021 .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Happy New Year to all!
    Had a busy Xmas myself with the new baby coming on the 23rd(a week or so earlier than expected), but all is good.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Steve X2 wrote: »
    Happy New Year to all!
    Had a busy Xmas myself with the new baby coming on the 23rd(a week or so earlier than expected), but all is good.

Congratulations!
    Wonderful news!
    And a Happy New Year to every A&R regular and even the lurkers!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Happy new year, stay safe and play retro.

Advertisement