Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham 2021 Antepost

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭famagusta

gazza1 wrote:
    A bit of movement in the Champion Bumper market tonight. Sir Gerhard blue across the board on oddschecker

Rumours about Kilcruit, I wonder if thats why?!
    Re Champ, its hardly ideal prep for the gold cup, a two mile chase, firing him at fences, maybe they might consider the ryanair or even champion chase?! It'll surely be hard to settle him for the gold cup trip, come back next year with a better prep

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

Champ got outpaced by Sceau Royal he isn't winning a Champion Chase lol

Only got entries in the Gold Cup and Stayers anyway.

Champ got outpaced by Sceau Royal he isn't winning a Champion Chase lol

Ya fair enough, the champion chase was tongue in cheek but if he was mine I wouldn't mind the ryanair with the prep he has had, I wouldn't back him with counterfeit for the gold cup all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Labaik

FatRat wrote: »
    Does Master TommyTucker go to the Ryanair?

Even with what I saw yesterday, 33/1 NRNB is insane for what will be a renewal without any standouts. Min may not even show up

I thought the jock was awful on his yesterday, done everything in his powers for it to not hit the front.

famagusta wrote: »
    Ya fair enough, the champion chase was tongue in cheek but if he was mine I wouldn't mind the ryanair with the prep he has had, I wouldn't back him with counterfeit for the gold cup all the same

Needed every inch of 3 miles to win the RSA. Great prep run today will put him spot on for the festival.

• Advertisement

Last years RSA shows he needs as far as possible. Over shorter the likes of Allaho beat him easily. Sure he got beat in the Ballymore by an average horse in City Island the further the better for Champ.

I wouldn't be backing him but he's definitely a lively contender.

The Marsh is a bit of a puzzle regarding runners, its hard to know who'll turn up. Looking at betting..
    Energumene, arkle bound
    Monkfish, rsa
    Therewas a mention that shan blue was going to skip the festival, but haven't heard anything since
    Allart, dont know
    Chantry, maybe

There's a betting without envoi market that could be good if you had a fair idea what was going to be second and third fav on the day..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

The Marsh is a bit of a puzzle regarding runners, its hard to know who'll turn up. Looking at betting..
    Energumene, arkle bound
    Monkfish, rsa
    Therewas a mention that shan blue was going to skip the festival, but haven't heard anything since
    Allart, dont know
    Chantry, maybe

There's a betting without envoi market that could be good if you had a fair idea what was going to be second and third fav on the day..

There's a suggestion the Irish will avoid EA but the Brits might try take him on.

Shan Blue probably lacks the raw pace but he's honestly one of the best jumpers of a fence I've seen and he's only a novice. Would be fantastic around Cheltenham imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭akelly02

Shan Blue probably lacks the raw pace but he's honestly one of the best jumpers of a fence I've seen and he's only a novice. Would be fantastic around Cheltenham imo.

very very good horse. they could have bottomed him running at sandown though

• Advertisement

One of Ireland's most genuine trainers :p might be entering one for Boodles' after Denis Hogan's Zanavi wins easy today at Fairyhouse.

https://www.irishracing.com/news?headline=Cheltenham-now-a-possibility-for-surprise-winner-Zanavi&prid=215898&prt=L

Saint Roi confirmed by wpm will miss Cheltenham

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Will the Champion Hurdle have 8 runners?

Sir Gerhard in the Champion Bumper - 10/1

Nice! Best priced 7/2 2nd fav atm..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭maximo31

Slattsy wrote: »
    Will the Champion Hurdle have 8 runners?

Have a sneaky feeling Concertista will run in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

Labaik wrote: »
    Have a sneaky feeling Concertista will run in it.

Nah

Just read the owners of Concertista will run James Du Berlais in the Champ Hurdle.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 rubia6633

Labaik wrote: »
    Just read the owners of Concertista will run James Du Berlais in the Champ Hurdle.

Hopefully a good one for the Munirs

• Advertisement

Gordon Elliot has said Petit Mouchoir for the County Hurdle, he'll be top weight or there abouts but I think he's a really interesting runner. Always regret not backing Arctic Fire for this a few years ago at a huge price and PM has a similar profile. Can't see him priced up anywhere though

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Whiplash85

Gordon Elliot has said Petit Mouchoir for the County Hurdle, he'll be top weight or there abouts but I think he's a really interesting runner. Always regret not backing Arctic Fire for this a few years ago at a huge price and PM has a similar profile. Can't see him priced up anywhere though

WH

Honeysuckle wins CH, and @ 2/1-9/4 NRNB it's a no brainer for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭gooseygander

Goshen looks back to very best like a machine based on last performance. Honeysuckle be warned

Goshen looks back to very best like a machine based on last performance. Honeysuckle be warned

Like many others, I'm banking on that being a oneoff :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,342 ✭✭✭Morgans

Like many others, I'm banking on that being a oneoff :pac:

Eventhough he was doing the same thing last March. If it is heavy, he wins by a street. On good, its a toss up. Promises to be the race of the festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,962 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

https://www.oddschecker.com/cheltenham-festival/county-hurdle/winner

365, SkyBet, PP, WH, Betfair & Unibet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,013 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Prior to Goshen's win that price was tight enough. Since his win however she's out to near 3s on the exchange. You're safe enough waiting for the Tuesday morn and you'll likely get 11/4 or 3s.
    Morgans wrote: »
    Eventhough he was doing the same thing last March. If it is heavy, he wins by a street. On good, its a toss up. Promises to be the race of the festival.

I was eagerly awaiting the time analysis of Goshen's race as those wide margin victories in heavy are so hard to quantify. Turns out its nothing out of the ordinary, a couple of seconds faster than the poor novice hurdle carrying the same weight. Hes fascinating alright but i'll stay away now unless he drifts a couple of points at least. I think the very late start to the festival this year reduces the chances of a bog also, as much as you can't predict a deluge of rain

Morgans wrote: »

3rd week in March for the first time in about 10 years it's on this year.. Ground was usually around good to soft generally (in that mid March period) back then.. Can only hope that the ground hasn't too much juice in it, if the both of them go that route. But he surely was beyond impressive before hitting the deck in that race which was on soft-gd to soft ground. I'd trust Honeysuckle far more myself to run her race in this..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,342 ✭✭✭Morgans

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Prior to Goshen's win that price was tight enough. Since his win however she's out to near 3s on the exchange. You're safe enough waiting for the Tuesday morn and you'll likely get 11/4 or 3s.

I was eagerly awaiting the time analysis of Goshen's race as those wide margin victories in heavy are so hard to quantify. Turns out its nothing out of the ordinary, a couple of seconds faster than the poor novice hurdle carrying the same weight. Hes fascinating alright but i'll stay away now unless he drifts a couple of points at least. I think the very late start to the festival this year reduces the chances of a bog also, as much as you can't predict a deluge of rain

The time analysis is pointless. a) doesnt take into account any deterioration of the ground from the first race to Goshens and b) leads you to believe that Song For Someone wouldn't have won the novice race, when he would long long odds on to do should the horses ever meet.

If you want to find a reason to knock a performance, you'll find it.

Advertisement