Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eddie Van Halen has died.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,589 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Was never a fan of their music, found it a bit too ham and cheesey, but fcuk me pink could he play.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,699 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Almost marks the end of Van Halen as a band

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

PTH2009 wrote: »

eh.... obviously....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Almost?!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,344 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Jesus thats a small main stage for Donington

• Registered Users Posts: 37,699 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I think 1995 was the last time VH played in Europe and were supporting Bon Jovi

By the time the tour came too Dublin VH were finished on the tour

• Registered Users Posts: 19,569 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

supporting Bon Jovi

These words actually turn my stomach.

Meanwhile, fingertips on right hand are sore today from practicing tapping for ages!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Mike & Sammy's video tribute, man it's a tough watch.

Also Sammy & Eddie buried the hatchet too, but was kept on the down low due to the inevitable rumours that would start swirling.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭rednik

Early last year Mike was approached by VH management about re-joining for a summer Stadium tour and I think the plan was for Wolfgang to release his long awaited solo album and support the band on said tour, Metallica & Foo Fighters were also rumoured to be involved in certain Cities. Both Mike & Sammy have admitted this to be true but Eddie's illness obviously put an end to this and after the initial contact Mike never heard anymore.

Two great books to read are Greg Renoff's Van Halen rising charting the very early days of the band up the launch of the debut album and his Ted Templeman biography. Ted's insight into the band as the man who found and produced all of the Roth era albums. I have read both books several times and anyone in Dublin interested in borrowing them jus PM me. Greg is a lifelong fan of the band.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,569 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I've read VH Rising. It's great. Must get that other one.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭finhex

I think 1995 was the last time VH played in Europe and were supporting Bon Jovi

By the time the tour came too Dublin VH were finished on the tour
    I saw Van Halen in Finland 1998 on Van Halen III tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

rednik wrote: »
    Early last year Mike was approached by VH management about re-joining for a summer Stadium tour and I think the plan was for Wolfgang to release his long awaited solo album and support the band on said tour, Metallica & Foo Fighters were also rumoured to be involved in certain Cities. Both Mike & Sammy have admitted this to be true but Eddie's illness obviously put an end to this and after the initial contact Mike never heard anymore.

Two great books to read are Greg Renoff's Van Halen rising charting the very early days of the band up the launch of the debut album and his Ted Templeman biography. Ted's insight into the band as the man who found and produced all of the Roth era albums. I have read both books several times and anyone in Dublin interested in borrowing them jus PM me. Greg is a lifelong fan of the band.

Running with the devil by Noel Monk is a brilliant read.. Started off as tour manager and then took over until after 1984 release.

That 1984 Donington line up was superb.
    I remember Kerrang reviewing it at the time and didn’t give it a good review.
    Think they only had anything positive to say about Ozzy and Motley Crue.
    But the fan reviews were a lot more positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,015 ✭✭✭✭adox

Roanmore wrote: »
    That 1984 Donington line up was superb.
    I remember Kerrang reviewing it at the time and didn’t give it a good review.
    Think they only had anything positive to say about Ozzy and Motley Crue.
    But the fan reviews were a lot more positive.

I thought it was a brilliant show. Ozzy was a standout, really got the crowd going but there were no weak acts on the day. Accept were great too(was a big fan at the time) as was Gary Moore.

Van Halen were great I thought. Was brilliant to see them with Dave as the frontman.

AC/DC the headliners were great too.

It’s hard to see from the video but the whole day was a barrage of plastic bottles being thrown everywhere in the crowd. Like hundreds and hundreds constantly fling through the air.

adox wrote: »
    I thought it was a brilliant show. Ozzy was a standout, really got the crowd going but there were no weak acts on the day. Accept were great too(was a big fan at the time) as was Gary Moore.

Van Halen were great I thought. Was brilliant to see them with Dave as the frontman.

AC/DC the headliners were great too.

It’s hard to see from the video but the whole day was a barrage of plastic bottles being thrown everywhere in the crowd. Like hundreds and hundreds constantly fling through the air.

I believe it was just Kerrang being “edgy”.

I was there in 87 and there were bottles of piss raining down (as if the rain wasn’t bad enough that day)

Wolfgang's first single and tribute to his late Dad.

Wolfgang appeared on the Howard Stern show on Monday and in this excerpt he discusses the plans they were trying to put together for the "Kitchen Sink" tour which would have included Dave Sammy Mike Gary Al & Ed, that would have been some tour ;););) The entire is available to watch.

Advertisement