Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2019 College Football Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭OldRio

Burrow is something else. Great entertainment for the neutral.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Not over yet..!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Broadway Joe

This game is ridiculous, in a good way.

This game is ridiculous, in a good way.

The faces on the crowd at various times has been priceless

As an aside, Ed Orgeron has the best voice in football.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Broadway Joe

The faces on the crowd at various times has been priceless

Must be tiring going through such emotional swings. I think I need a lie down after that and I don't support either team.

That game was a perfect advertisement for how great college football can be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭letowski

As an aside, Ed Orgeron has the best voice in football.

A great character too! Happy for him today.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭mooreman09

What a game. Two great teams but LSU is special this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,505 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Just seen an awesome td from Ceedee Lamb. I'll see if I can get a gif tomorrow. The guy is really special, gonna be a star on Sundays when he comes out of college.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭rebelyell99

Lsu look the real deal this year,Burrow a shoe in for the Heisman.Dont see how bama can make the playoff now the only good team they have left is Auburn and they have lost some games.

• Advertisement

Lsu look the real deal this year,Burrow a shoe in for the Heisman.Dont see how bama can make the playoff now the only good team they have left is Auburn and they have lost some games.
    Lost in one game not some.
    LSU look really good, best offense in college football. Ohio State look like the real D though. Minnesota are a serious outfit too and Clemson are national Champs and are 25-0 since losing to Alabama the season before last. Swiney has taken over as the no. 1 head coach in college football imo and you'd be foolish to underestimate them.
    Alabama had a clearly injured Tua last night, different offense with him healthy I think. If they made it in and have him healthy I wouldn't bet against them.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Lost in one game not some.
    LSU look really good, best offense in college football. Ohio State look like the real D though. Minnesota are a serious outfit too and Clemson are national Champs and are 25-0 since losing to Alabama the season before last. Swiney has taken over as the no. 1 head coach in college football imo and you'd be foolish to underestimate them.
    Alabama had a clearly injured Tua last night, different offense with him healthy I think. If they made it in and have him healthy I wouldn't bet against them.

I thought Tua couldn't actually have done more. Bama were clearly beaten. Lucky it wasnt by 20. Tua being hurt wasn't they're issue. They got their yards.

mooreman09 wrote:
    I thought Tua couldn't actually have done more. Bama were clearly beaten. Lucky it wasnt by 20. Tua being hurt wasn't they're issue. They got their yards.
    Did you see him losing the ball in the first quarter?

This is the Ceedee Lamb td from yesterday, one of three for him on the night and while they were all good this one was just insane.

Did you see him losing the ball in the first quarter?

His knee caused that?

He wasn't making the end zone anyway.

College Gameday doing a link with the Woolshed this a Saturday

https://twitter.com/cfbireland/status/1194918163374387200?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

College Gameday doing a link with the Woolshed this a Saturday

Cool, tickets must be soon going on sale for this.

polaris68 wrote: »
    Cool, tickets must be soon going on sale for this.

Yeah, they normally hold off till Feb/March to try get the Americans to buy packages.

Free pint for the first 100 who turned up at the Woolshed apparently. I watched the link, was only about 10 seconds but I thought the 'Dantonio only drinks half pints' sign was good.

I didn't see it but Loads on Twitter about Tua being carted off and the word is it looks like a serious injury.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭headnorth

I didn't see it but Loads on Twitter about Tua being carted off and the word is it looks like a serious injury.

Looked like he got an injury to his face as well, a game break on btn showed a staffer holding a bloodied towel to Tua's nose while helping him walk off the field

Espn said Tua is having a hip x-ray and maybe has a broken nose

Saban did a quick halftime on-field interview.... he came across as very cold and 'oh well' about Tua's injury. Just my read of it.

Espn going double box now. 1 of the game & 1 of Tua being put in an ambulance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

If reports of a fractured hip are true, it might be a tragic story. Hopefully he can make a recovery.

I posted a few times last night but clearly the android app for boards is a useless.

Anyways, Tua is done for the season. I haven't had a chance to read up on anything today but the Minnesota head coach must be getting it after his insane decision to run onto the field. His team went for it on 4th down but didn't connect, the receiver was mauled by a defender which would have led to them getting a first and goal but when he ran onto the field it meant the penalties offset and the play counted.
    Baylor must be hurting bad after giving up a 25 point lead and possible place in the playoffs. Gotta give Jalen Hurts some kudos, he was getting badly beaten up early on and fumbled a couple of times but kept going and was the reason Oklahoma won in the end.

Tough for Tua. Sad to see. I hope he makes a full recovery. Bama could go either way now against Auburn. They might shock people if they operate Jones as a game manager that just gives the ball to the playmakers and they rely heavily on the run. If they can hammer Auburn the committee will be tempted (rightly or wrongly).

Overall, it was another scary weekend for Oklahoma, you'd wonder if that's a major dent in the Big 12s playoff hopes.

It'll be nice to see Ohio State get tested in the coming weeks. I really have no idea how good they actually are at this point. Its been a painfully bad schedule so far. Michigan have picked up some steam so that could be the game we all wanted to see.

Clemson are doing what Clemson do. The ACC is a complete joke though.

The Pac 12 looks ok once Utah and Oregon get to the championship game undefeated. The winner will likely get a playoff spot.

The SEC is shaping up well. Bama need a huge finish, Georgia will be a tough out for LSU and LSU just need to get consistency from the D. A lot of talk about the D performance against Ole Miss - it was painfully bad. However I do think they can pick it up when needed and they only need a few stops per game... Their offense is quite frankly a think of beauty. Its unstoppable and it will be great to see that Georgia D take it on.

There will be a few more upsets to come as you'd expect.

The Clemson thing is understandable but I don't think they should have been ranked outside the top four. They are national Champs and have won all their games.
    They beat Texas A and M by two touchdowns. They play South Carolina next and a 20+ point win should secure their spot.

The Clemson thing is understandable but I don't think they should have been ranked outside the top four. They are national Champs and have won all their games.
    They beat Texas A and M by two touchdowns. They play South Carolina next and a 20+ point win should secure their spot.

I think the North Carolina performance deserved to cause questions but they've righted the ship.

Winning out is enough to get in. Plus, they're cruising right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭rebelyell99

Oregon's playoff hopes dead now after losing last night to Arizona state.It looks like Alabama could sneak in now if they win the iron bowl next week.

Advertisement