Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bellator/WSOF/One FC etc events Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,797 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

strauss 10/11 skybet

single on that, too big esp after reading all that
    lord I hope I dont regret this in the morning :P

thanks in advance dev :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

mailburner wrote: »
    strauss 10/11 skybet

single on that, too big esp after reading all that
    lord I hope I dont regret this in the morning :P

thanks in advance dev :)

no probs, good luck mate

Its been a long time since I've seen a FU on MMA betting, suppose popularity means they keep lot better eye on it now. I remember couple of events they were still offering odds on UFC pre lims(win only) which had already finished :D It was a sad day when I woke up on the Sunday to see they'd clicked on and voided the bet overnight, still won some money from a few events first :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Kind of annoyed I can't do a brooks - Straus double....

Jaysus, poor caveman, he got the **** beat out of him.

Bellator announcing Kimbo vs Dhafir "Dada 5000" Harris, who is another bare knuckle/street fighting legend who used to be Slice's body guard as well as Shamrock vs Royce Gracie for a February card in Houston.

The side show continues.

• Advertisement

Patricky bet still showing as "pending"....something tells me PP are scratching their heads trying to work out whats going on :D
    Kind of annoyed I can't do a brooks - Straus double....

why not?
    Bellator announcing Kimbo vs Dhafir "Dada 5000" Harris, who is another bare knuckle/street fighting legend who used to be Slice's body guard as well as Shamrock vs Royce Gracie for a February card in Houston.

The side show continues.

:eek: Side/freak show....they both must be in their 50s now? I remember Shamrock was fighting Kimbo not so long ago and seen something during the week about accusations it was all a setup? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Devastator wrote: »
    Patricky bet still showing as "pending"....something tells me PP are scratching their heads trying to work out whats going on :D

why not?

:eek: Side/freak show....they both must be in their 50s now? I remember Shamrock was fighting Kimbo not so long ago and seen something during the week about accusations it was all a setup? :D

Basically shamrock took Kimbo back and locked in a RNC, but with the help of David Blaine he managed to escape somehow and KO, Shamrock. The KO was very real but the escape was not.

why not?

PP didn't have odds for Brooks on.their site.

PP didn't have odds for Brooks on.their site.

:( they did earlier, I think they had 2am listed for most of the fights so Brooks must have been in there.....another example of how little PP researched bellator last night!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

The side show continues.

Have I just teleported back to 1995? :eek:

• Advertisement

Update on the Freire bet with PP.

I noticed yesterday afternoon they had updated it to a loss. I contacted them and was told they would pass it onto their traders to check and heard nothing back. Sent another message earlier and was told same again. Went into my account doing some darts betting and noticed I had a balance and checked my account.

So they didn't void the bet but basically cancelled it on my slip(put it in a small treble) as a goodwill gesture saying fight was setup incorrectly.

So I've not lost out but I wonder how many other punters out there may have bet on Freire without knowing the full story and now they're bets are still bust because PP didn't void the market. It seems quite sly to me.....I'm taking the moral highground even though I noticed their FU and tried to take advantage :D

Couple of good fights there Califano. The 1st one(Logan/Butler) the ref was still looking round after it finished as if he didn't know it was over :D

Daley v Cashcheck 2 signed for 2016, no date given but probably the Kimbo fake card.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Watching BAMMA 23 at the moment. They've got the whole arena flashing only red, blue and white lights. Pretty classy.

Also just gave a standing ovation to French fighter Damien Lapilus after his win against Jack McGann. Bit cheesy in the way it happened but a nice gesture nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,696 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

That_Guy wrote: »
    Watching BAMMA 23 at the moment. They've got the whole arena flashing only red, blue and white lights. Pretty classy.

Also just gave a standing ovation to French fighter Damien Lapilus after his win against Jack McGann. Bit cheesy in the way it happened but a nice gesture nonetheless.

Any Irish fighting at it?

Are they streaming it on youtube again? I can't find it on TV at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Bellator/Coker really are making fools of themselves yet again. Its very hard to take anything from the promotion seriously after announcements of Gracie/Shamrock, Kimbo/anyone and possibly Tyson Fury in the future

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Scott-Coker-If-Tyson-Fury-Had-Lost-to-Klitschko-We-Would-Have-Been-All-Over-That-96631

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Coker really does love the freak show stuff. It's fine for a short term ratings bump but long term it's only going to make Bellator look bad.

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Coker really does love the freak show stuff. It's fine for a short term ratings bump but long term it's only going to make Bellator look bad.

IMO its way past long term already. Gimmicky fights just make a mockery of the sport. I feel for the actual up & coming fighters on their books. There talk of them trying to get Bendo because he's not under contract, that would be a very foolish move for him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

lets be honest were all gonna tune in to see royce gracie fight again,well I am anyways.

IMO its way past long term already. Gimmicky fights just make a mockery of the sport. I feel for the actual up & coming fighters on their books. There talk of them trying to get Bendo because he's not under contract, that would be a very foolish move for him.

Bendo is no spring chicken, he has a ton of fights behind him and he probably doesn't have a whole lot of time left in him as a pro. If he can make more money at Bellator or any other promotion because of the reebok deal limiting his earning potential then he, and anyone else, would be an idiot to stay at the UFC.

Cyborg won't be making the cut down to 140 for her upcoming fight, it'll be at 145 because of the IV ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,696 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Gamebred wrote: »
    lets be honest were all gonna tune in to see royce gracie fight again,well I am anyways.

Seeing how Matt Hughes mauled him years ago at WW, can't see it going much better this time

Dont think kimbo has it in him to maul anybody tbh I cant wait to see it,it will be epic if he wears the gi to fight.

Dont think kimbo has it in him to maul anybody tbh I cant wait to see it,it will be epic if he wears the gi to fight.

He's fighting Ken Shamrock, not Kimbo.

He won't be wearing the Gi, it's open weight and it will basically be a wrestler and a BJJ player having a grappling match with some striking in it.

He's fighting Ken Shamrock, not Kimbo.

He won't be wearing the Gi, it's open weight and it will basically be a wrestler and a BJJ player having a grappling match with some striking in it.

Ah yeah its dada5000 kimbos fighting,the kimbo and shamrock fight was an absolute joke the rear naked choke was like something out wwe how ken couldnt finish it,I know its not going happen but I read somewhere its legal to wear the gi for the fight according to the states rules.

• Advertisement

Jaysus if you're that desperate to see a couple of pensioners fight just go into any nursing home and throw an open bag of wethers originals onto the ground. There will be no tapping out there.
    Bendo is no spring chicken, he has a ton of fights behind him and he probably doesn't have a whole lot of time left in him as a pro. If he can make more money at Bellator or any other promotion because of the reebok deal limiting his earning potential then he, and anyone else, would be an idiot to stay at the UFC.

He's plenty of time left for him to get a good pay cheque in another organisation on his past. I think he'll stay with the UFC and he let it run down to try and negotiate a better deal
    ASOT wrote: »
    Cyborg won't be making the cut down to 140 for her upcoming fight, it'll be at 145 because of the IV ban.

Its not because of the IV, its because RR got beat and will now rematch Holm. Invicta announced she'll defend 145 title instead of fighting at 140 because there is no longer a rush for her to get used to the further weight cut because a fight with RR isn't close.

Advertisement