Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Experiences/advice with Airsoft retailers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

yes, i was giggling like a school girl
    Hee hee im getting very used 2 that feeling ever since airsoft became legal :p

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭EyesOnly

found this on another forum http://www.airsoft-paradize.com/ a french crowd, i havent used them but they seem cheap for the CYMA stuff they have the new m14 by CYMA(or Kart) and the Warrior L96A1.

Anyone used these?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

Wouldnt reccomend buying from the continent there always really expensive eg. CA Steyr UNCOMPANY 300USD
    CA Steyr Europe E340

• Registered Users Posts: 34,351 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

i'd love to buy that L96A1. its over on gunnerairsoft WITH a good scope for $100. insane price. also getting really really good reviews. meant to be a very high quality build with a lot of metal. only problem, it shoots 500fps stock :(

i'd love to buy that L96A1. its over on gunnerairsoft WITH a good scope for $100. insane price. also getting really really good reviews. meant to be a very high quality build with a lot of metal. only problem, it shoots 500fps stock
    Id like it too. but because of its power im eyeing up the new M14 instead ,hopefully the ODgreen version will be out soon and will have insane accuracy ,hopefully :confused:

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

i wouldnt know whether to go with the OD green or the wood. they both look amazing. the OD looks really contemporary and militaryish..but the wood looks so classic

easy decision for me anyway. never realy was a fan of woodstocks.
    Of course i would want the version thats not out yet :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭vlmaxis

A company called BFSL are importing airsoft, and they have stock.
    They are in Walkinstown in Dublin, I just got a Classic army MP5, it's the business, phone Derek on 014265852, they can get you anything in airsoft or paintball but they wont sell to under 18's (proper order).
    They are the sole importers of these products and they are cheap, my MP5 was €330 with the charger and battery, it's complete with a high cap mag of 200 BBs. These lads are well ahead of the Posse. I know of lads who bought pistols for practical airsoft running on gas and they love them. They don't only do the Classic army range, they do most of the top stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭EyesOnly

Ok here i go, i ordered 2 pairs of boots from Militarykit.com on the 11th of october they rang the next day to say they only have one pair in and if i wanted i could wait a week and get both sent out at the same time so i said ok. i emailed them on the 25th and got a reply on the 28 saying they'll be in this week and still nothing from them so id say ring them before you order or be Prepared to wait a very long time ive just canceled my order from them. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Anyone know what the craic is with eHobby Asia and shipping? I think it says E40 for express service -- is that the basic shipping, or is there a cheaper one?

Is there any way of knowing how much customs, etc., is gonna shaft you for?

I'm thinking that's gonna be where I'm gonna go for my first AEG :)

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

my postage came to about €50 for an AEG with all its bits and pieces, large battery, charger and high cap mag. very reasonable. didnt get shafted with import or anything like that. chances are, you wont either. even if you do, it'll still work out over all a hell of a lot cheaper then anywhere else.

What oisin said basicially. Word to the wise though all the little tiny bits like speedloaders and stuff nomatter how small will increase the shiping costs.Basically add all the "standard shipping fees" together and take away 10% off the overall and that should be about right [maybe a little more for the gun itself] oh ya and ya can assume that customs wont wack ya im 5-0 now:p

hmmm... more questions on eHobby Asia...

1. I'm getting a message that says:
    The seller has not designated that they will ship to your location. Before submitting your bid or offer, please contact the seller in order to ensure that they are willing to ship to your location.

I gather that since ye all shop from these, that they do indeed ship to Ireland, but confirmation would be good before commiting ;)

2. How do I assemble an order with them? I gather that I don't order everything seperately, but there doesn't appear to be an "add to cart" button, just a "buy it now" button. When I click that I get a "commit to buy" button, which I don't wanna press cos I haven't got the 3V card or anything yet. So how do I get it all shipped together?

3. This is mainly for Oisin, but the rest of ye can gimme some input too :)
    Are these the items you were telling me about? (ya have to scroll down on some of them)
    (I rounded the prices up rather than down most of the time)

So that's about €240 + shipping @ ~€60 = €300

That seem right to ye?

I'm gonna order the stuff tomorrow :)

Basically u just click "buy it now" on all items you want to buy and when your finnished buying they will sent you an invoice for all the items together.
    Even though it says "this may not ship to your location" it doesnt matter just click "buy it now" and it will :) .
    Ya yer delivery estimate seems about right maybe e10 more it depends.

This going be your first gun m8?

Master of the Universe

yeah what scope said is spot on. just buy the stuff with buy in now and they'll send you an invoice for the whole lot.

that's pretty much the same order as me. apart from your added mask, goggles and bbs.

actually i was considering going in on a massive bulk bb buy. maybe selling to some friends or something.
    i might mention this at a future date if anyone is interested.

one thing to watch out for with cheap goggles is fogging factor. ive heard horrible stories of some goggles fogging up after 5 minutes of running around. i have a pretty cool pair of Russian goggles used for observing nuclear explosions. they fog up in a couple of seconds though so i cant use them :(

someone mentioned spraying the inside of them with a anti fogging thing you use on a car windscreen. i cant remember the name of it though. might be worth looking into

could be wrong but would a a few drops of fairy liquid on a tissue stop it fogging up? Think the paintballheads call it "defogging" ;)

Master of the Universe

really? i'd just be slightly concerned that fairy liquid at that close a proximity to your eyes might cause some damage

if its well rubbed in it aint dangerous. Thats what we had 2 do when we went paintballing in Limerick and it did stop the fogging for a good long while.

Basically u just click "buy it now" on all items you want to buy and when your finnished buying they will sent you an invoice for all the items together.
    Even though it says "this may not ship to your location" it doesnt matter just click "buy it now" and it will :) .
    Ya yer delivery estimate seems about right maybe e10 more it depends.

This going be your first gun m8?

Cheers boss!

Yeah it's my first gun :) I've been thinkin bout it all day :D lol. I work in a hospital, so the range of different areas that could be used for a skirmish is pretty high! The imagination keeps wandering! :D

Gonna ask the brother can I use his credit card later.

If ya order them all seperately, then I would think that you're paying for all of their shipping seperately :( That will add on a bit.

Master of the Universe

no you click buy it now for each, but the order is combined into one!

• Advertisement

Sound :cool:

the delivery cost will be pretty much all of the seperate 1s added together with a 10% reduction. Those tiny items with 5$ delivery costs add up ill tell ya but its alway worth itn ;)

Master of the Universe

we'll if you order it tonight, you should be shooting by monday next week :D

we'll if you order it tonight, you should be shooting by monday next week
    He speaks the truth he does :D

Problem!

I've been adding things and clicking "Pay now", but it's letting me add more stuff before I actually pay, only, I've commited to buying the gun, battery and charger, and when I try to commit to buying my next item -- the mask -- I get the following message:

This seller has set buyer requirements for this item and only sells to buyers who meet those requirements.
    You are unable to bid on or buy this item because:
    #
    You are currently winning or have bought the maximum-allowed number of this seller's items in the last 10 days.

Note: If you are still interested in bidding on or buying this item, you may contact the seller and ask that they exempt you from any buyer requirements.

Any ideas? :(

When I go to My Ebay, it says I've still got those 3 items outstanding, and I can choose to Pay Now, but I don't wanna do that and then for it to make me wait 10 days to buy the rest...
    If I Pay Now, will I be able to add the rest of the things?

just email them and ask them to exempt you because you want to buy more stuff. Whatever ya do dont pay for the first 3 items before you get to commit to buy the rest as they wont be able 2 add em them.

Master of the Universe

this sounds like you dont have enough positive feedback on ebay to buy any more then three items. how much feedback do you have? i think someone else here said they had a similar problem before. im sure emailing them should fix it all up.

good to see you made the plunge and bought some stuff anyway. you deff wont regret it! not after you blast your first box apart ;)

Ya that was me actually :o .Mistake i made was paying for the 1st 3 items before they got back to me and told me that they could exempt me from the rule.

270038674794 	Guarder 3600rds EXTRA LARGE Airsoft 6mm Load BB Bottle 	1 	$3.99 USD 	$3.99 USD
    270040032743 	Marui FAMAS 60rd Airsoft AEG Metal Magazine #TMP-18 	1 	$14.99 USD 	$14.99 USD
    270041356458 	INTELLECT LARGE 8.4V 4200mAh NiMH HIGH DRAIN RC Battery 	1 	$46.99 USD 	$46.99 USD
    270050597892 	Toy-jet 0.2g .2g COMPETITION TYPE 4000rd Airsoft 6mm BB 	1 	$6.99 USD 	$6.99 USD
    270051203449 	Black Hawk Down Dust Wind US Army 2mm PC Goggles GP275 	1 	$9.99 USD 	$9.99 USD
    270051364691 	King Arms 0.4mm NEOPRENE FULL Face Mask Protector 	1 	$19.99 USD 	$19.99 USD
    270051792136 	SUPER Ni-Cd RC Airsoft Battery Fast Charger 4.8-9.6V 	1 	$9.99 USD 	$9.99 USD
    270052003140 	Marui FA-MAS SUPER SV Airsoft Auto Electric Rifle AEG 	1 	$174.99 USD 	$174.99 USD

Subtotal : 	$287.92 USD
    US Shipping & Handling
    (includes any seller handling fees) : 	$111.00 USD
    US Insurance (optional) : 	--
      Total: 	$398.92 USD

Grand Total: 	$398.92 USD

It's on ze way! :D E311! Not too bad. Here's hopin' I don't have to pay customs... knowing my luck, I'll be the only one :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

nice ,give it about 5 days and ya'll be havin an early christmas for yourself ;)

Advertisement