Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breasts on day time tv on rte

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Westernworld.

Didn't RTE show Straw Dogs during daytime once

Susan George and the rape scene

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Didn't RTE show Straw Dogs during daytime once

Susan George and the rape scene

Dont know about that. I do remember when circa 1987 they showed an early 70s movie with Yull Brynner called the Lighthouse At The Edge The World in the middle of the day, think it was a saturday. It features pirates gang raping a woman and some pretty violent scenes, they caught a lot of flak over that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭George White

That happened quite a lot with that film, because the title and the campaign and the fact it's based on a Jules Verne tale suggest that it's a kind of Disney-ish steampunk family adventure thing, but it isn't. Often confused with the Island at the top of the World.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

No controversy over the rick Astley video whenever you need somebody, topless woman for just a few seconds (from the back)

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Cushtie

Jesus Christ was halfway down page 2 when I realised its a 16 year old thread!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Cushtie wrote: »
    Jesus Christ was halfway down page 2 when I realised its a 16 year old thread!

And what did Jesus say to that? :p

I remember circa 89/90 seeing one of those travelogue documentaries on Australia, i cant be sure if it was Mike Murphys one but have a feeling it was a different one. Anyway one bit that sticks in my mind was this old Dutch or German hippy lad living in a shack in the Bush. They showed the inside if his shack and it was plastered with Polaroid photos of nubile young female backpackers who'd spent the night with this guy. All in a state of undress and leaving nothing to the imagination. The guy was actually drunk in the programme and was singing incoherently. Think Oliver Reed in the movie Castaway. I remember my teenage self jealously thinking how is this gob****e getting so much action?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭brian_t

I remember circa 89/90 seeing one of those travelogue documentaries on Australia, i cant be sure if it was Mike Murphys one but have a feeling it was a different one. Anyway one bit that sticks in my mind was this old Dutch or German hippy lad living in a shack in the Bush. They showed the inside if his shack and it was plastered with Polaroid photos of nubile young female backpackers who'd spent the night with this guy. All in a state of undress and leaving nothing to the imagination. The guy was actually drunk in the programme and was singing incoherently. Think Oliver Reed in the movie Castaway. I remember my teenage self jealously thinking how is this gob****e getting so much action?

I think that's Alby Mangels.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alby_Mangels

568698-597091aa-f290-11e3-94a8-09c2117d0a9e.jpg

brian_t wrote: »
    I think that's Alby Mangels.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alby_Mangels

568698-597091aa-f290-11e3-94a8-09c2117d0a9e.jpg

I remember that guy and his travelogues. It wasnt him, the lad I'm talking about wasnt the host or main focus of the doc, the bit about him just featured for a minute or two in a wider piece about the Australian outback. One of those random eccentric characters whom they often feature on these kind of shows but the main reason it sticks In my head were the pictures of hot naked women.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,271 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I think it was 1997 when I was working in a bakery and listening to the radio during the day when they had Jim Rose from the Jim Rose Circus on the radio, I can't remember what station it was though.
    I think he had several women in the studio with him that he had hypnotized and then was getting them to have orgasms live on the radio and had to tell one of them to stop touching herself repeatedly
    This was all very amusing to a bunch of bakers at lunchtime

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Bassfish

Many years in a row they showed Titanic on St Stephens day afternoon. Kate Winslet's boobs by 2pm!

Advertisement