Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Memories of mad stuff that happened on live TV.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

A couple of Tom Cruise

The infamous couch jumping incident

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Metallica at the mtv awards were expected to play their new single “king nothing”

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Klf expected to bring the hits to the brits

• Registered Users Posts: 39,437 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

There was Kay burley not realising where the second plane went to on 9/11 and didn’t tie the fireball with seeing a plane flying towards the building. I know that on that day the news coverage of some seemed odd but at least cbs acknowledged the explosion. Kay burley didn’t.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    There was Kay burley not realising where the second plane went to on 9/11 and didn’t tie the fireball with seeing a plane flying towards the building. I know that on that day the news coverage of some seemed odd but at least cbs acknowledged the explosion. Kay burley didn’t.
    And the BBC correspondent Jane Standley reporting on the collapse of WTC7 when it was clearly visible behind her. It collapsed about an hour later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,437 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

And the BBC correspondent Jane Standley reporting on the collapse of WTC7 when it was clearly visible behind her. It collapsed about an hour later.

Well I think the authorities in New York said they were worried about further collapse of buildings in the immediate area of the twin towers. Being worried they’d collapse and saying they had is two different things.

There was also the 7/7 bombings in London where they were saying it was power surge and the national grid put out a statement saying that there hadn’t been. Look back at any incident of that type and the info is always confused and stuff is said that turns out to be wrong.

Well I think the authorities in New York said they were worried about further collapse of buildings in the immediate area of the twin towers. Being worried they’d collapse and saying they had is two different things.

There was also the 7/7 bombings in London where they were saying it was power surge and the national grid put out a statement saying that there hadn’t been. Look back at any incident of that type and the info is always confused and stuff is said that turns out to be wrong.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xzpthr
    WTC7 is the large building over her left shoulder.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Managed to dig out that November 1992 footage of Sinead O’Connor ripping up the Pope JPII photograph...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

raven41 wrote: »
    She's a waffler alright but have always found Vincent to be a rude condescending twat. Kind of a guilty until proved innocent point of view. Constantly interjecting trying to score points and belittle people.

He cuts through the bull****. We need more people like him tackling politicians rather than the softly softly nonsense we get from journalists of late

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Weepsie wrote: »
    He cuts through the bull****. We need more people like him tackling politicians rather than the softly softly nonsense we get from journalists of late

Expect more of the same going forward as they say, fraid of their lives to offend the new alter to pc wokism any of those coming up behind him imv

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Managed to dig out that November 1992 footage of Sinead O’Connor ripping up the Pope JPII photograph...

Wasnt live tv, but...

Less than two weeks later, at Bob Dylan‘s 30th Anniversary concert at Madison Square Garden,
    Sinead.O'Connor expected to perform Dylans 'I Believe in You'

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Thought this was longer ago than only 6 years but ok.

What you see is the live 8 o'clock news on the Dutch equivalent of RTE being somewhat interrupted.
    The discussion at the beginning is about whether or not they are live on tv at that moment because he needed to give a speech live on tv....
    Well... he was live on tv.

Was convicted for kidnapping, illegal possession of a fire arm and got himself 3 years, 4 months of which 2 years suspended after appeal. He appealed because he was sentenced to 2,5 years with 1,5 years suspended originally
    Yeah, you are not the only country with judges who are clueless.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/tarik-zahzah-what-you-need-know-about-dutch-teenager-who-stormed-tv-station-fake-gun-10012873.html

• Registered Users Posts: 12,364 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I loved this one which went viral at the time, some kid wanders into the room while their father is doing a BBC broadcast from his house via the net.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I loved this one which went viral at the time, some kid wanders into the room while their father is doing a BBC broadcast from his house via the net.

Hilarious video. So much going on in this clip as well. The first kid's sassy entrance, then the baby comes rolling in, the mother sliding into the room and pulling them out, and finally the mother crawling back to close the door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Classic one here which I haven't see posted. Guy Goma turns up for a job interview as a computer technician on the same day Guy Kewmey, an internet and music expert, was due to answer questions live on air. They put the wrong Guy on TV. :D

Lundstram wrote: »
    Classic one here which I haven't see posted. Guy Goma turns up for a job interview as a computer technician on the same day Guy Kewmey, an internet and music expert, was due to answer questions live on air. They put the wrong Guy on TV. :D

Good video but...it's on the page before this one

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Not live tv but Kay Burley had that other one after the Paris attacks where over 150 were killed at a concert in the Bataclan. She got a photograph of a dog in Paris and tweeted "Sadness in his eyes" as if the dog had an understanding of Islamic terrorism

https://twitter.com/kayburley/status/665807478060392448?lang=en
    Weepsie wrote: »

Vincent had another good one when he was outside that "bog standard" 20 milion quid house in Killney that was being repossessed by the banks. The funny part of it was he was surrounded by younger journalists who were all afraid to go in and take a look at what the taxpayer now owned. Up steps Vincent to lead the way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Newuser2

Asdfgh2020 wrote: »
    Noel Edmonds was a tosser and his ‘late late breakfast show’ was utter ****e......ant ad deck though are even bigger ****

That was a windup about Noel Edmonds

It was comical watching him rebuild his career

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

James Brown out of his box

• Registered Users Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭Riddle101

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 12,445 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Lundstram wrote: »

I love this video. Mainly for the panic you see in his face when he is introduced as the music expect.

He’s like *calm calm calm calm WHAT?!!!!!!! Oh Sh*it.*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,883 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

The end of the Waco siege in 1993. I remember RTE news interrupting whatever they were showing and going to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

I love this video. Mainly for the panic you see in his face when he is introduced as the music expect.

he must have been thinking "what sort of job interview is this??"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

During a standoff with Police in 2010, Gazza shows up with a cooked chicken, beers and some fishing roads for Raoul Moat

Kanye "George Bush doesn't care about Black People". Que audible gasps from Mike Myers, and a very confused Chris Tucker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Sheridan81

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    During a standoff with Police in 2010, Gazza shows up with a cooked chicken, beers and some fishing roads for Raoul Moat

:confused:

Where is Gazza? I thought you were serious. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

ShagNastii wrote: »

It's brilliant. I'd never seen it. He even got a Wiki entry because of it!!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guy_Goma

• Advertisement

Sheridan81 wrote: »
    :confused:

Where is Gazza? I thought you were serious. :(

I thought it was in that video. But yes, I am serious. It really happened. Moat was lying on a riverbank with a gun, in a standoff with Police after shooting dead a cop and his ex girlfriend (if I recall correctly), and here comes Gazza, coked up and pissed as a fart, with a cooked chicken etc.

This is the one I should have shared!

Advertisement