Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,364 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I had two glasses of prosecco watching the inauguration yesterday and a glass of wine with dinner. Have a hangover of Dionysian proportions all day. Seems grossly unfair.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

The title of this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

One4all. Was there ever more of a crock of shíte company? It's beyond comprehension how they are are still operating.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,896 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Antares35 wrote: »
    One4all. Was there ever more of a crock of shíte company? It's beyond comprehension how they are are still operating.

I built their very first website. That was 20 years ago, though, so don’t blame me for anything.

I have got 3 of their digital vouchers from work at Xmas. Over €250 in total. Had problems claiming all of them, and now one won’t show up in my account. They’re hassle enough to use in shops, but they’re feck all use online - hardly anyone decent takes them in the first place, you legally can’t spend more than €50 on one online (money laundering laws) and you can’t combine them with another payment method to get something more expensive.

What makes matters worse is that my boss in the US got me a £50 Sterling One4All voucher - I don’t even know if you can use them here, and their customer service haven’t responded to my query.

I always kept a bit of a soft spot for them since I did the work for them back when they were starting, but that’s long evaporated now.

I’m thinking of just cashing them in. I think it costs about €8 a card, but at least I’d be able to spend the money then.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,334 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Decided to take the madra out for a walk slightly earlier than normal as painkillers didn't work with a sinus headache. On the way home a gritting truck passed by and I was unfortunate to be caught on the footpath next to the side of the road he was driving on and I was pelted with the grit. Let me tell you it hurts quite a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Night owl gal

Facebook marketplace, there are some messers on the site. I got a message yesterday from someone interested in a CD, they said they wanted a video of the CD playing to prove that the CD works. That's fine by me, I didn't have a working CD player yesterday, so I brought a new one today. Took a video and went to message the buyer. But I discover I have been blocked. Wtf? :(

Facebook marketplace, there are some messers on the site. I got a message yesterday from someone interested in a CD, they said they wanted a video of the CD playing to prove that the CD works. That's fine by me, I didn't have a working CD player yesterday, so I brought a new one today. Took a video and went to message the buyer. But I discover I have been blocked. Wtf? :(

If you did sell it to them you wouldn't have made any money anyway because you bought a cd player just so they could view the cd :(

Plenty of chancers on it gal.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,764 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

i bought a really nice and very good wireless Bluetooth speaker and the charger cable they give with it is about 6 inches long.... So the speaker is going to be on a surface ie. a table near my bed...the nearest socket is just four feet away, but the charger cable is 6 inches long... my other mobile devices, phone, iPad all provide lengthy charging cables...about 5ft in length.. this cable doesn’t reach off the table from the device let alone to the ground had there been a plug there...

Why does the manufacturer think it’s good idea to put an expensive piece of electronic equipment worth a few hundred euros down of the ground near a plug to get charged ?

I built their very first website. That was 20 years ago, though, so don’t blame me for anything.

I have got 3 of their digital vouchers from work at Xmas. Over €250 in total. Had problems claiming all of them, and now one won’t show up in my account. They’re hassle enough to use in shops, but they’re feck all use online - hardly anyone decent takes them in the first place, you legally can’t spend more than €50 on one online (money laundering laws) and you can’t combine them with another payment method to get something more expensive.

What makes matters worse is that my boss in the US got me a £50 Sterling One4All voucher - I don’t even know if you can use them here, and their customer service haven’t responded to my query.

I always kept a bit of a soft spot for them since I did the work for them back when they were starting, but that’s long evaporated now.

I’m thinking of just cashing them in. I think it costs about €8 a card, but at least I’d be able to spend the money then.
    Unfortunately if you get it as a gift from your employer you cant cash them in, as there arises a BIK liability. Oh they're quick enough to point out what they can't do! :D
    OH has loads of them from work where he won quizzes etc - 30 here, 50 there etc. He just doesn't bother spending them. I'm going to try to use them just for the sake of it - I just wouldn't let them have money for nothing.

Legend has it that the 50euro online limit is circumvented by the snazzy KYC checks they have - but it's just another thing for them to fúck up. Urgh :(

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Night owl gal

If you did sell it to them you wouldn't have made any money anyway because you bought a cd player just so they could view the cd :(

Plenty of chancers on it gal.

That's true, I guess the positive side is I can test all my CDs I plan on selling to make sure they work (I know one or two skip a bit)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Quick, tune in to the Claire Byrne show on RTE1 radio...there will
    Be advice on hair care in a few mins.
    Thank god for that.

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I had two glasses of prosecco watching the inauguration yesterday and a glass of wine with dinner. Have a hangover of Dionysian proportions all day. Seems grossly unfair.

I still have a headache :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

cj maxx wrote: »
    TA is Joe Biden's voice and accent. God I pity anyone who has to sit through a long meeting with him.

An improvement on the orange lump surely?

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Quick, tune in to the Claire Byrne show on RTE1 radio...there will
    Be advice on hair care in a few mins.
    Thank god for that.

I always consider those announcements to be public health warnings, like "next up celeb gossip" or "don't go away, we've George Michael and Chris de Burgh on the way" - thanks for the heads up so I can know to switch stations now! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I have the only black and white printer in the building afaik,
    of course, the black ink in the stationary is the first to go and I seem to spend ages trying to find more.

Today was a quite phone day so I roared out 'where are the black ink cartridges'?
    The response was 'you can do this BB'

Still can't find the black ink!
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

TA the replacement of answers with 'encouragement'

• Registered Users Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Have to take my extremely nervous and skittish cat to the vet for a little procedure this morning. The thoughts of trying to trap her to get her in the carrier is stressing me out. She makes the saddest miaow when we we finally corner her. :(

My cat has a sore on her leg, she kept licking it so had to get antibiotics and a cone for her. The poor fecker doesn't know what's going on with the cone

I'm absolutely sick to death of Met Eireann's weather "warnings" that never come to fruition. In fairness to them, it's other news channels that take what they say and twist it so it can be used as clickbait. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 24,764 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I'm absolutely sick to death of Met Eireann's weather "warnings" that never come to fruition. In fairness to them, it's other news channels that take what they say and twist it so it can be used as clickbait. :(

They seem to be getting a lot wrong of late but I guess forecasting isn’t an exact science... still, certainly in Dublin the forecast has been erm, light years away from reality,.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

There's a remake of Oliver Twist coming out next week starring Rita Ora. Just leave it alone you money hungry assholes. Who would even go see this? I didn't realise there was a demographic for Dickens classics butchered by modern day celebrities 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

"Tonight's weather will shock you!!" I hate clickbait websites myself.

Anyway...I bought a 3 metre long USB cable for €7.99. I wanted it for charging my PS4 controller only to find after opening that it was for the "newer" android models and has a completely different connector piece :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Making a lovely breakfast for everyone.And son who doesn't normally eat toast,wants toast.
    But everything getting cold I gave him my breakfast.And I ate his,but with no toast it wasn't the same

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

"Tonight's weather will shock you!!" I hate clickbait websites myself.

Anyway...I bought a 3 metre long USB cable for €7.99. I wanted it for charging my PS4 controller only to find after opening that it was for the "newer" android models and has a completely different connector piece :(

Might as well keep it if you ever get a PS5 in future, those cables are used to charge the PS5 controllers.

Got up this morning and ran a lovely hot bath. Once I got comfortable I decided to watch a short film (well at least until it was time to get out), and just as I was starting to relax, fcking next door neighbour decides to go outside and start power-sawing. I fcking HATE the noise of those things, they pierce the ears off me. Safe to say I had to use subtitles for the remainder of my mediocre bath time.

Might have another one tonight to make up for the sh1te one I had this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,148 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Porklife wrote: »
    There's a remake of Oliver Twist coming out next week starring Rita Ora. Just leave it alone you money hungry assholes. Who would even go see this? I didn't realise there was a demographic for Dickens classics butchered by modern day celebrities ��

They'll be lots of people looking for some more of Rita.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

The song Drivers Licence,i dont get the love for it.

Sounds like shes going to burst in to tears the whole way through the song.

I realise im not the demographic

Just sliced my fcuking thumb open making my lunch. Which wasn't even nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,069 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Strumms wrote: »
    They seem to be getting a lot wrong of late but I guess forecasting isn’t an exact science... still, certainly in Dublin the forecast has been erm, light years away from reality,.

Only said this lately .Your best forecast in Dublin is to look out the window

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Just sliced my fcuking thumb open making my lunch. Which wasn't even nice.

About ten minutes after this, my brother rang to say he was treating the house to a Michael's of Mount Merrion on Thursday.

And about ten minutes after that, an Asador-Prado at Home deluxe box arrived at my front door. Early birthday present from my two closest friends. It looks absolutely SUBLIME.

So needless to say, I've cheered up immensely!

Some delivery company left a package while I was out walking the dog. It definitely wasn't there when I left. Not only it is for someone with a completely different name and address, but whoever delivered it obviously just fúcked it over the gate and there it was in the driveway. If I'd been driving I wouldn't have even seen it before driving over it. It's just so annoying when they do this. Now we know what happens when the seller swears the stuff is sent and it just gets "lost in transit".

• Registered Users Posts: 22,220 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Some delivery company left a package while I was out walking the dog. It definitely wasn't there when I left. Not only it is for someone with a completely different name and address, but whoever delivered it obviously just fúcked it over the gate and there it was in the driveway. If I'd been driving I wouldn't have even seen it before driving over it. It's just so annoying when they do this. Now we know what happens when the seller swears the stuff is sent and it just gets "lost in transit".

Was it nice ;)

TA my car is still frozen

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭Hellokitty1212

There’s a new Fairy ad with that annoyance Vogue Williams and the new baby.

Baby is completely adorable - the mother is not!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement