20-01-2021, 19:07   #31
feelings

Feck sake. Invoice received and it has a GB VAT number. Gonna get hot with customs now. F**k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by feelings View Post
Yeah the order is SDIE.
Advertisement
20-01-2021, 19:11   #32
ei9go

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXFANTANA View Post
Yeah I’m interested in purchasing something on screw fix. It’s an EV charging cable costing €180, worst case how much could I get done for?
Ordered from Screwfix on 2nd Jan, despatched on the 4th Jan, last tracking 8th Jan. Arrived this morning 20th Jan.
Sent by Royal Mail and delivered by GLS
Thanks from:
20-01-2021, 19:39   #33
SparrowHawk

Similar to myself. Order arrived today. Parcelforce tracking still says exporting from Uk
21-01-2021, 01:59   #34
shoegirl

Next clothing ships from stores here.
M&S I think ships from UK - but you may be able to click and collect from one of the supermarkets which are still open.

Others - not sure. Assume Argos shipping from UK, and many online stores appear to be still unsure where their .ie site actually ships from.
21-01-2021, 23:42   #35
YourName

Send a message via MSN to YourName
Just ordered from Screwfix but noticed they charged me 21% VAT (Irish VAT rate) and not 20% (UK VAT Rate), hoping this suggests that they are now looking after the VAT, will wait and see what happens when it arrives and if there is a customs declaration on the box etc.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
22-01-2021, 13:01   #36
feelings

Ok, I've confirmed SportsDirect (irish site) charge in GBP, even though the website displays amounts in EUR including the order summary/detail.

So while you expect a EUR value to be taken from your card, it will be the GBP value. So the EUR price will be based on your payment method exchange rate.

I hadn't noticed this with previous orders, so unsure if this is due to Brexit. Good to know and I'll be shopping elsewhere for now.
23-01-2021, 11:23   #37
OctoberWitch

Anyone know the situation with the Apple Store. I know some stuff is shipped from UK. I bought a wireless charger before Christmas with them and it came from UK.

However want to but an Apple Watch as a gift and don't want to be hit with huge customs etc charges
The online shop has a much better range than likes of
DID, HN etc
23-01-2021, 11:38   #38
whiterebel

Apple Store is registered in Ireland. No extra charges.
Thanks from:
23-01-2021, 11:41   #39
Mimon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparrowHawk View Post
Hi All,

maybe an interesting situation....

have ordered an item from Screwfix.ie website - total value inc. VAT €52.95. Have now received an email from Parcelforce with a tracking number - so being dispacthed from UK. No mention on the .ie website of import charges etc. or that it was being imported from UK.

Has any else come across this?

thanks in advance,

SparrowHawk
Zing, must be the same pair of safety boots that I ordered this week
Advertisement
23-01-2021, 14:13   #40
Pen Rua

I ordered a heater from Screwfix.ie, costing just over €100, on 19 Jan.

Like most in this thread, I got a notification saying it had shipped from the UK. I had bought from Screwfix.ie, being Screwfix Direct (Ireland) Limited, registered in Ireland and with an Irish VAT number.

I queried this on their Twitter, and they confirmed "Screwfix Ireland is an Irish company" but the order ships from UK. They said I will "incurr no additional fees due to customers or anything else."

The order shipped from the UK on 20 Jan, last being scanned as "Exported from the UK" that evening. No further scans sit.

Suppose we sit and wait.
24-01-2021, 16:23   #41
Major Dad

Screwfix have been a complete disaster, in my opinion. I ordered a small radiator (cost EUR35, delivery charge EUR5) from what I presumed was the Irish site on Dec 30th and my confirmation e-mail said “1 to 2 working days for delivery”. But the order was actually routed through and processed by the UK site. I still haven’t received it. I’ve e-mailed them three times, and to be fair they’ve responded each time within 24 hours from a Screwfix.ie e-mail address. They claim the radiator was delivered to their courier (GFS) who are having problems clearing a backlog caused by Brexit. I asked them to cancel my order and refund my money, because they can’t tell when or if my order will be delivered. They say they won’t refund me because the order has been processed. GFS tracker last updated on Jan 8th - nothing since then. Anyone know what my rights are in a situation like this? Cheers
24-01-2021, 16:42   #42
thebiglad

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoegirl View Post
M&S I think ships from UK - but you may be able to click and collect from one of the supermarkets which are still open.
Click and collect not currently an option but just received a delivery from M&S - slower than days of old, 2 weeks from order but received on day promised via An Post and no additional charges.
24-01-2021, 19:07   #43
MBSnr

Ordered something from Littlewoods Ireland. Stuck in the UK someplace since the 8th. Supposed to be delivered by Fastway by the 13th. Got an email saying delayed on that day. Spoke to their customer service who didn’t really help but said they’d email the courier and come back to me. They haven’t but no surprise. Wasn’t in a rush for it but time to chase for a refund next week....
25-01-2021, 09:10   #44
Pen Rua

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/cons...ping-1.4463079

Some of the Screwfix.ie bits sound familiar from this thread...!
26-01-2021, 13:09   #45
feelings

More to this. Ordered arrived and the invoice is in EUR and VAT is Irish, so why did they charge me a GBP amount, rather than the EUR amount on the invoice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by feelings View Post
Ok, I've confirmed SportsDirect (irish site) charge in GBP, even though the website displays amounts in EUR including the order summary/detail.

So while you expect a EUR value to be taken from your card, it will be the GBP value. So the EUR price will be based on your payment method exchange rate.

I hadn't noticed this with previous orders, so unsure if this is due to Brexit. Good to know and I'll be shopping elsewhere for now.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion