Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Munster v Leinster Build Up Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,506 ✭✭✭bennyl10

What is the situation with Conway??

Personal issues

That's more then enough to make public

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

Did Munster not say he was out for personal reasons a while back?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Nobody but himself and Munster knows. Munster said he was out for personal reasons 3 or 4 weeks back and he hasn't been mentioned since.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

Ruddock vs Coombes
    Connors vs PO'M
    Doris vs Stander
    Henshaw vs DDA
    Ringrose vs Farrell

Yes please :D

Class. Looking forward to this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Great to see two strong sides, really looking forward to this

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭leakyboots

I hope Sexton stays on the pitch long enough to get reacquainted with Fineen!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,177 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Is there a bit of a risk Leinster going 6-2 split with Ringrose just back from injury and Sexton starting?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

aloooof wrote: »
    Is there a bit of a risk Leinster going 6-2 split with Ringrose just back from injury and Sexton starting?

Jimmy and Larmour can both go to 13 if required.

Similarly, Ross can come into 12/13 hybrid role as against Ulster.

There's reasonable cover there with McGrath and JGP having covered wing pretty well before

Also given the potential conditions and the way Munster try to play against us, being exposed out wide is an unlikelier occurrence than needing an extra forward

I think this game a 6:2 works better for this game. Cold and potentially wet. Get the forwards to tighten it up

• Registered Users Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

Dave Kearney is well overdue a hamstring injury so might be out injured, hard to believe he's omitted on form.

Think Connors and McGrath are lucky to be ahead of VDF and JGP.

Otherwise, great to see both sides close to full strength, can't wait now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Great to see Killer on the bench, perfect opportunity for him to get some much needed minutes.
    I've said it before, but for me Marshall is the best hooker at Munster and his inclusion is massive imo

Is Baird injured?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭bayern

Is Baird injured?

no but his performance for Leinster A last weekend can't have helped his case.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,454 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

leakyboots wrote: »
    I hope Sexton stays on the pitch long enough to get reacquainted with Fineen!

Well done you, That’s a level of optimism which has been seriously lacking this last 9 months. An asthmatic septuagenarian in a HSE run nursing home has a better chance of getting to Sunday unscathed. The way this season is going If the team bus to Limerick brakes to quickly at a Toll booth Sexton is likely to get an injury

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

A thought.

Leavy would be one of Leinsters more prolific breakdown forwards.

I wonder are Leinster playing a bit towards Braces breakdown interpretations.

They've struggled with them in the past. Possibly they're not planning on contesting at all which would eliminate a real point of difference for Leavy and possible why he's dropped

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭VANG1

Think the Leinster bench could swing it in the final quarter, lots of grunt and experience. Especially if the weather is bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,454 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

VANG1 wrote: »
    Think the Leinster bench could swing it in the final quarter, lots of grunt and experience. Especially if the weather is bad.

Naw, Munster will be scrambling to score for the last twenty to try and secure a losing BP.

Munsters best bet is that Leinster do a Clermont on it and go to sleep after getting a handy Try BP after 30 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Might help some people looking for alternative viewing options
    https://www.leinsterrugby.ie/global-broadcast-information-munster-v-leinster/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Anyone know if you can buy an Eir Sport day pass?

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭VayNiice

Prediction:

80 minutes of POM scowling with pashun not enough to match the flair and beauty of Leinster rugby.

Turnips to lose by 25, Ruddock to win MOTM

• Advertisement

You cannot

• Registered Users Posts: 5,054 ✭✭✭twinytwo

I think there is delayed coverage on TG4 from half nine

• Registered Users Posts: 37,715 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Is James Lowe injured ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

si señor

Very tame match thread. Gone are the blessed days when three red kings had to take it to twitter to have a public outrage.

Think this is the first time Ruddock and POM have played against each other in a good few years - they used to have a bit of a thing didn't they?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,177 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Venjur wrote: »
    Very tame match thread. Gone are the blessed days when three red kings had to take it to twitter to have a public outrage.

Think this is the first time Ruddock and POM have played against each other in a good few years - they used to have a bit of a thing didn't they?

Say what you like about Zebo, but if he were still around, this thread would’ve been hopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,630 ✭✭✭nerd69

Say what you like about Zebo, but if he were still around, this thread would’ve been hopping.

Exactly zebo should be in the ireland squad... Am I doing it right?

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭d.pop

Pity ROG not available, I think he’s better than Sexton.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Kevin O'Byrnes hair is much nicer than Lowes....

(maybe thats for the future)

• Advertisement

Meh, without Rob Kearney around it just wouldn't be the same.

Advertisement