Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NEW ALBUMS (released within last month/30 days) Worth a Listen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Richard Roma

s1ippy wrote: »

Since the vinyl for this came I've dedicated a portion of each day to lying on the ground listening to it through. It's great for the back.

My favourite recent album.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭divide_by_zero

Bartees Strange debut came out last week. It's called Live Forever, I have had it on repeat since then. It's an incredible album. I get Bloc Party and Tv on The Radio vibes off it. Excellent record.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

I got the BC Camplight recomendation from here and Im loving it so far. Kind of like Captain Beefheart but with a prettier sound.

Definatly not for people who just like pop or certain genres and definatly very few parties that would benefit from it playing in the backround but earphones on the bus or for driving around its great if you like that sort of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I got the BC Camplight recomendation from here and Im loving it so far. Kind of like Captain Beefheart but with a prettier sound.

Definatly not for people who just like pop or certain genres and definatly very few parties that would benefit from it playing in the backround but earphones on the bus or for driving around its great if you like that sort of thing.

He's a lovely guy with an interesting story. spoke to him after workmans gig and he signed my record. Id recommend his previous two albums and to try and support him by getting some merch or seeing him live (hopefully) next year

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Serpentine Prison seems to have been releasing for ages, but finally out now. Looking forward to spending some time with it over the weekend. Very much enjoyed what I've heard so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,640 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Bartees Strange debut came out last week. It's called Live Forever, I have had it on repeat since then. It's an incredible album. I get Bloc Party and Tv on The Radio vibes off it. Excellent record.

Knew I'd seen the name recently...!

Haven't listened to Live Forever yet but I've just stumbled on Say Goodbye To Pretty Boy, a 5-song EP he released earlier this year of The National covers. I'm usually very reticent about covers of songs I already love but this is strangely brilliant. Very different from the originals, it's quite hypnotic. Definitely worth checking out

• Registered Users Posts: 10,217 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

s1ippy wrote: »

Since the vinyl for this came I've dedicated a portion of each day to lying on the ground listening to it through. It's great for the back.

I genuinely wish they had a different singer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

Birneybau wrote: »
    I genuinely wish they had a different singer.

Same here - musically great, vocally obnoxious....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

10, the new album by Tricot (and their second of the year) was released a few days.

Their previous album, 真っ黒, is one of my favourite albums of the year so I was very interested in this. I'm only on my second listen of 10 so I'm not sure if it'll live up to my expectations yet but it's pretty good so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭mosstin

Two new albums I'm presently listening to........

Keaton Henson 'Monument'

Big Thief singer, Adrianne Lenker has two new albums, 'Songs' and Instrumentals'. She is a very prolific lady. Two Big Thief albums last year.

• Advertisement

New album from Oneohtrix Point Never. Last one was much hyped but didn't live up to any of it for me. Hoping for better things this time around - sounds like the kind of artist who when he gets it right will make something wonderful.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Richard Roma

Seamus Fogarty’s new album is getting good reviews. Heard a great tune from it on Cillian Murphy’s radio show.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Helmet

Seamus Fogarty’s new album is getting good reviews. Heard a great tune from it on Cillian Murphy’s radio show.

Had it on in the background when I read this! Great stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

Gave it a listen thanks to this thread, worth a listen. The song nuns brightened up my day. Ill give it another listen later.

New live release form the criminally underrated Bob Moses.

Bob Moses filmed an hour-long concert film from an abandoned radio tower in Topanga, California. Starting atop the structure as night took over, Bob Moses slowly worked their way down the tower performing multiple sets in a variety of configurations, both as a band and in their original two-piece setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Acosta

https://fuzzclub.bandcamp.com/album/flying-moon-in-space

Flying Moon In Space self titled debut album out today on Fuzzclub.

Krautrock/Experimental, dance, indie .....Very good

The Smashing Pumpkins new record CYR is actually pretty decent.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Mountain Goats live album on band camp. Version of heel turn 2 is amazing

New Avalanches album out now. Their debut was one of my favourite debuts and what I've heard this new one sounds pretty decent.

mosstin wrote: »
    New Avalanches album out now. Their debut was one of my favourite debuts and what I've heard this new one sounds pretty decent.

Cracker of an album

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,420 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Christmas from Mark Lanegan

Cracker of an album

It really is beautiful. My favourite track at the moment......

I've now upgraded this to my favourite album of 2020. It's glorious - there isn't a weak track on it. It's right up there with the debut.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,640 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

My first discovery of 2021 is Music For Winter, Vol 1 by Another Sky

It's downbeat but soars at times. The singer's got a really interesting voice, lots of variety.

To try to give a flavour, it reminds me a little of Daughter, perhaps a little rougher round the edges.

Just a 6 track EP, well worth a listen

New album by The Antlers incoming. This is really lovely even if the video is ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭flasher0030

New album by The Antlers incoming. This is really lovely even if the video is ****e.

Excellent. Seems like a lifetime since Familiars.
    Could listen the song Palace over and over again for years.

Shame have a new record out today - Drunk Tank Pink. Only had a couple of listens but I think it's just as good if not better than their first.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Shame have a new record out today - Drunk Tank Pink. Only had a couple of listens but I think it's just as good if not better than their first.

I think it's better for sure. Their debut was pretty good, but a bit derivative.

Highlight for me is probably this one:

New Bicep album out today. Loved the self titled release in 2017 so looking forward to listening to this throughout the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

New Weezer album is brilliant. Not something I thought I'd say again

Advertisement