Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

City buses moving to 80% timetable

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

80% weekday is an increase, not a decrease as they're on Saturday currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭tabbey

I see that Dublin Bus and Go Ahnead are moving to reduced Mon-Fri timetables.

https://www.nationaltransport.ie/new-bus-schedules-for-dublin-area-to-take-effect-from-next-week/

Wonder if the same is likely to happen in other towns and cities: I know of some routes that are now vastly over-served.

Does this mean that one bus in five is cancelled, or is it a completely rewritten timetable with lengthened intervals.
    On less frequent routes, this could be very confusing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

tabbey wrote: »
    Does this mean that one bus in five is cancelled, or is it a completely rewritten timetable with lengthened intervals.
    On less frequent routes, this could be very confusing.

Saturday timetable with additional morning and evening departures
    https://www.dublinbus.ie/DublinBus-Mobile/News/?depth=1&srcid=8600

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

in my mon/tues experience on my route they've not been following that timetable in the morning schedule but I'll give it another go on friday.

Advertisement