Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Selling unworn clothes

Options
  • 16-01-2021 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭

I know this has come up before but wondering if anyone has recommendations for selling on unworn designer/high street items of clothing. I have a couple of skirts (Olivia Rubin, Reiss) that don’t fit properly and I’d rather sell them on and get some money for them and know they are not hanging in my wardrobe unloved and unused. I’ve never used eBay before so unsure about that. Anyone have recommendations for any of the designer exchange stores in Dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

I'd say Depop would be your best bet at the moment.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

You really need to price-to-sell for second hand clothes. I've only tried to sell with Depop once and while I did get offers, they were way, way below what I'd hoped for and I was getting messages of ridiculous offers and requests for free P&P. If I was doing it again, I'd price to allow for one haggle down as people want to feel like they're getting a deal, or price it at my absolute bottom price and say so in the description, ie no haggling, priced to sell, and an approximate cost of shipping to cut the BS. I'd be willing to take the hit on a few euro than deal with all the messages :pac:

The higher end stuff you can get lucky on eBay, have a look and see if you can see similar on sale so you can get a look at the pricing and also you'll be able to see if there's any active bids.

Advertisement