Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RIP Prince Khalid Abdullah

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Huge figure in racing owned some of the greatest horses I have seen .He hadn't been well I think but still a huge loss not sure what will happen to his operations around the world whether his family have an interest in bloodstock or not .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

The roll of honour of his racehorses is unmatched for me. From Known fact to Frankel & Enable. The countless greats in between and then The Brave the greatest of them all. RIP Prince Khalid A true legend of flat racing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Obviously he had a lot of horses but the number of genuine greats he owned he had a pretty good strike rate for really outstanding horses .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

He bred high quality horses, and my impression is he was interested in the breed and in racing.
    An example is Sadler's Wells (1981) was retired as a 3yo at a fee of 125k.
    Rainbow Quest (1981), owned by Prince Khalid Abdullah, was retired as a 4yo at a fee of 25k. That fee was kept for the first five years (and probably longer).
    The thoroughbred will be poorer for his passing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

"When I decided to buy horses, Lord Weinstock visited me and said, 'You don't need to find colours, these are your colours', and he pointed to the curtains – the green, and white, and pink. He chose the colours for me."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

"When I decided to buy horses, Lord Weinstock visited me and said, 'You don't need to find colours, these are your colours', and he pointed to the curtains – the green, and white, and pink. He chose the colours for me."
    Was it his son in law Fahd Salman who died young. Owned Generous. The silks must have never been used again. A lovely shade of dark green.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

UrbanFret wrote: »
    Was it his son in law Fahd Salman who died young. Owned Generous. The silks must have never been used again. A lovely shade of dark green.

I was fortunate enough to be at Epsom that day.

I can always remember backing Quest for Fame in the Derby the year before too

He had some quality horses did Prince Khalid Abdullah

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

Dancing Brave, Frankel and Arrogate. Ye don't come by that kind of extreme talent by just getting lucky. His Juddmonte Stud operation is really classy. From the start he did things right and he made it look easy.

A seemingly nice man to boot. What's the story with his racing and breeding empire, who is taking over?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

No change, Juddmonte stays as it is with his family taking over the reins. Good stuff...

https://www.racingpost.com/news/latest/onwards-and-upwards-abdullah-racing-and-breeding-empire-to-drive-forward/468565

Advertisement