Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breast Reduction

• 13-01-2021 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I am looking for feedback on breast reduction in Ireland. I have a rather large pair, I have all that goes with it, the backache, self conscience, unable to exercise, clothes not fitting correctly and the unwanted attention from men.
    I would like to know if anybody has had it done, what was involved and how much did it cost, as I would say I will have to go private.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,998 ✭✭✭Caranica

Best friend had it done. Nearly killed her, literally. A blood vessel wasn't sealed properly and she collapsed from bleeding into her lungs. Luckily she's here to tell the tale and has a better quality of life but the warnings that reduction is much more high risk than having implants should be heeded. IIRC she paid around 3k in a private Dublin setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Segotias

2 friends got reduction, one developed an infection in the wound but healed fine after. Both got done by the HSE but were on the waiting list of a couple of years.

I'm currently waiting to be referred for a reduction/lift on one side and reconstruction/correction on the other, I need to lose weight for this but will be looking for the referral when I'm back in the hospital in Feb.

There is usually more scaring with breast reduction than say implants but that will be explained to you. Consults are usually around €250 I'm not sure on pricing usually between 3 and 5k

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'd consider one in the future, I need to lose weight but even at a relatively low weight for me I'm not small up top. I haven't been smaller than a H cup regardless of band size (ranging from 32 to 36) since my first child was born almost 5 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭denis160

Had a consultation today for one, quoted €9,000, honestly didn’t think it would be that expensive.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 149 ✭✭BiggJim

You just play with them when you feel like it, you don’t have to carry them around.

That's true, I should have made the caveat that if they are causing genuine problems as the poster mentioned (back ache etc) then I can certainly understand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

BiggJim wrote: »
    That's true, I should have made the caveat that if they are causing genuine problems as the poster mentioned (back ache etc) then I can certainly understand.

Well personally speaking its her body and she can do what she wants! God forbid she doesnt take into consideration what men will think of her if she has smaller breasts!

To answer the OP I know someone who got it done through the HSE. If it was me id talk to your gp,

• Registered Users Posts: 3 msbc

Hi did you get the reduction surgery done? Would love to know where people are getting quotes from for 3-5k?? Mine have all been over €7500?!

It was actually a few years ago they were charged that price, it would seem like most things surgery has gone up.

Surgery abroad might be an option, it tends to be cheaper even with flights etc

I'm still waiting to see a surgeon, I was back with my clinic a couple of weeks ago and they're going to check up on it for me, mine is with a specific surgeon so it might take longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 msbc

Thanks for that. I'd rather stay in Ireland, I've 2 young kids and just for comfort and peace of mind to be close to home.

Are you going private and its still taking a while to get it done?

No not going private yet, I've been referred by the breast clinic as its partial reconstruction after breast cancer surgery. The last surgeon I saw was adament nothing could be done, whereas my original one said it could, so I've been referred to a different one who takes a different approach.

I'll see what he says, he will say to lose weight but I want to know if it can definitely be sorted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement