Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Midlands

• 29-12-2020 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

Anybody around the midlands willing to either take a phone call or arrange an evening meet? My retired father is wanting a telescope and I said I would do the research on a suitable scope and learn how to operate one in order to show him.

Best regards

Paul

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭boris232

Anybody around the midlands willing to either take a phone call or arrange an evening meet? My retired father is wanting a telescope and I said I would do the research on a suitable scope and learn how to operate one in order to show him.

Best regards

Paul
    Try https://midlandsastronomyclub.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Manuel

Meanwhile.... the light thrown by the moon in The Midlands tonight is spectacular! You could play a football match in this light! Gonna be a frosty morning ... G'night.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

Manuel wrote: »
    Meanwhile.... the light thrown by the moon in The Midlands tonight is spectacular! You could play a football match in this light! Gonna be a frosty morning ... G'night.

I actually took a photo of it earlier, albeit on my phone.
    The cloud is flat and thin and the moon is very striking. It's very bright.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Ghetofarmulous

boris232 wrote: »

Thanks buts that in Columbia:)

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭boris232

Thanks buts that in Columbia:)

Sorry about that - I thought I had the right one from a Google search.

They are on Facebook as the Midlands Astronomy Club and they are based in Tullamore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Here is a link to the Midlands Astronomy Club (Tullamore).
    https://www.facebook.com/midlandsastronomy/

Advertisement