Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

A Christmas tale

• 17-12-2020 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

If you only have 5 minutes, I hope you like this . . ..

flashliterature.com/latest

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭echo beach

A perfect little story to bring a smile. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Gemancy

Freddio wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

Enjoyed that, thank you!
    Happy Christmas 🎄

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭km85264

Hi Folks,

You have a wonderful site there, well done on setting it up and keeping it going. The story will have real appeal to younger children; there’s nothing like the mention of poo to get them going :-)
    I’m not sure about the structure, introduced by an adult voice that then disappears. Perhaps a simpler structure would work better.
    Kieran

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Freddio

Thanks Kieran,

High praise !!!

All these stories are on the fly in that they are all train of thought. They aren't planned when I sit down to write them.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭km85264

Thanks Kieran,

High praise !!!

All these stories are on the fly in that they are all train of thought. They aren't planned when I sit down to write them.

That’s definitely a good approach, it must be very rewarding. For me personally, nothing goes online without extensive rework and rereading, a very slow process.

• Advertisement
Advertisement