Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 250 Nunes V Spencer

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,808 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

spencer reminds me of karolina

she's tough but that's about all sadly, might be able to wear a fighter out
    but she'll never be able to hang with elite strikers if it becomes a standing contest

Delighted to see Garbrandt back to winning ways. Thought he was an overhyped tool until his performance in the Cruz fight which I think is one of the singularly greatest performances in UFC history. Agree he was winning all three fights since until he couldn't control himself and got clipped. Two of those losses against a subsequently discredited TJ too.

O'Malley is still overhyped I think and he was up against a guy 15 years past his best but it was still a picture perfect ko.

had he been a bit smarter and had not let his emotions get to him he would
    probably be still unbeaten especially regarding tj

It's great that he has a chance to get back in the title picture, hopefully he'll fight the same way he fought Assuncao

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Figel Narage

That was tough to watch. Spencer was totally out of her depth. She is incredibly unathletic and looked really weak in there, looked like she was going to fall over when pushed by Nunes. She also might consider dropping a weight class or just working on take downs or something. It begs the question, who is next? No one really comes close to Nunes and bar her and one or two others there's a huge step down in class

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

That was tough to watch. Spencer was totally out of her depth. She is incredibly unathletic and looked really weak in there, looked like she was going to fall over when pushed by Nunes. She also might consider dropping a weight class or just working on take downs or something. It begs the question, who is next? No one really comes close to Nunes and bar her and one or two others there's a huge step down in class

Henry Cejudo in his comeback fight.

I really feel like they need to do nunes shevchenko again

It'S ridiculous how good these two are and valentina has zero competition and will clean out her division also.
    I mean calderwood was to be her next opponent, god help her!

I'd love to see one of the strawweights step up and fight Valentina, wide open division there, plenty of top fighters and maybe a big money fight for zhang even.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

mailburner wrote: »

It'S ridiculous how good these two are and valentina has zero competition and will clean out her division also.

I'd love to see one of the strawweights step up and fight Valentina, wide open division there, plenty of top fighters and maybe a big money fight for zhang even.

Valentina is a natural 125 pounder though. Even though she has pushed Amanda close stepping up and losing a third fight makes her and the whole division look weak.

Think they will both continue sparking everybody for a good a while yet before the UFC consider that match up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

mailburner wrote: »

Look at what Shevchenko did to Joanna. None of the 115ers could touch her.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Spencer was several levels below Nunes. The UFC commentators pretending Spencer did anything vs Cyborg was embarrassing to listen to, I really hope they don't believe it as they sound like complete idiots saying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Homelander

ERG89 wrote: »
    Spencer was several levels below Nunes. The UFC commentators pretending Spencer did anything vs Cyborg was embarrassing to listen to, I really hope they don't believe it as they sound like complete idiots saying it.

I think they were fair enough, unless I'm mistaken I thought they alluded to the fact that although Cyborg dominated the fight, Spencer got some good shots in and looked competitive at some points at least.

Against Nunes she looked terrible all five rounds and landed nothing meaningful, amazing it went 5 rounds really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

Homelander wrote: »
    I think they were fair enough, unless I'm mistaken I thought they alluded to the fact that although Cyborg dominated the fight, Spencer got some good shots in and looked competitive at some points at least.

Against Nunes she looked terrible all five rounds and landed nothing meaningful, amazing it went 5 rounds really.

I actually took their complaints to be aboutvthe fact she was still standing, rather than offering anything back.
    Everyone Nunes has stood with (besides Valentina) has crumbled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭Beersmith

De randamie certainly didn't crumble, nunes lucky she could take her to the ground to nullify her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

Beersmith wrote: »
    De randamie certainly didn't crumble, nunes lucky she could take her to the ground to nullify her.

Exactly, she didn't stand with her?

Advertisement