Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ronan Collins Show

• 21-11-2018 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,933 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Jaysus

Carol Moran did it today Wednesday, what a breath of fresh air.

Easy to listen to, fresh, good music.......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Leilak

I think Sonny Knowles funeral today as Joe Duffy wasn't on either

• Registered Users Posts: 71,248 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Is Ronan aware that we can hear his mobile phone alerts going off? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,010 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Jaysus

I know it's a matter of taste,but I hate when she is on,just can't listen to her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Jay Zee

I wonder when will Ronan finally get the bullet from the lunchtime slot?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Jay Zee wrote: »
    I wonder when will Ronan finally get the bullet from the lunchtime slot?

Why?
    You could ask the same question about any radio presenter. He's harmless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

ronan is excellent. id take any number of hours of him over joe bloody duffy or that ray darcy or their ilk.
    theyre what make me turn off the car radio.
    ronan - great to listen to imho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Jay Zee

Why?
    You could ask the same question about any radio presenter. He's harmless.
    I totally agree he's harmless but it's inevitable that he'll one day be replaced by an an extra hour of waffle, I'm surprised he's lasted this long tbh

Ronan beats Neil Doherty any day, works on the Ray D'Arcy radio show who seems to be presenting lots of music shows on Radio 1 these days...lacks general knowledge of music...and his overload of ABBA and George Ezra..

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Jaysus

Anyone but Collins, a relic. Gets out of the wrong side of the bed every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,933 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

vicwatson wrote: »
    Anyone but Collins, a relic. Gets out of the wrong dside of the bed every day.

Don't know about the bed bit, but the relic bit is definitely true.

Time for a freshen up here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Don't know about the bed bit, but the relic bit is definitely true.

Time for a freshen up here.

Careful what you wish for.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Ronan is around forever, but he is a pro, like him or not and I'd say whatever his salary is, he gives much more value than Tubbs, Darcy or Duffy.

I find his music choice a bit stuffy at times but in fairness his show is slick and he's an excellent presenter. I'm happy to have him stay put.

Comhra wrote: »
    Ronan is around forever, but he is a pro, like him or not and I'd say whatever his salary is, he gives much more value than Tubbs, Darcy or Duffy.

I find his music choice a bit stuffy at times but in fairness his show is slick and he's an excellent presenter. I'm happy to have him stay put.
    100% agree.
    I'd even give him a longer show.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Presenter today is lovely to listen to.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Sir Galahad

I worked with Ronan in ARD 257 (Pirate) in the "Olden Days". I presented Saturday & Sunday mornings. He was a gent and still is. His background in the showband era really puts him a head and shoulders above the rest.

I worked with Ronan in ARD 257 (Pirate) in the "Olden Days". I presented Saturday & Sunday mornings. He was a gent and still is. His background in the showband era really puts him a head above the rest.

And shoulders.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,248 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

“Ronnie Drew still going strong.”

Er... :eek:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

“Ronnie Drew still going strong.”

Er... :eek:

Jaysus! :D

I worked with Ronan in ARD 257 (Pirate) in the "Olden Days". I presented Saturday & Sunday mornings. He was a gent and still is. His background in the showband era really puts him a head and shoulders above the rest.

I would agree that he is a gent,but Jaysus how long is this show on now?

The same patter, the same general music, the same auld cadence like he doesn’t even have to think about it, just rattle off the few tunes ,shuffle the briefcase, toddle off home to prepare something exactly similar tomorrow, and the day after, and the day after.

Nothing even remotely personal against the lad but this slot needs a good kick in the hole, figuratively speaking.

Needs a change, a freshen up, a shuffle, a spring clean.

Music by numbers gets tiresome no matter how much of a gent the presenter is.

I would agree that he is a gent,but Jaysus how long is this show on now?

The same patter, the same general music, the same auld cadence like he doesn’t even have to think about it, just rattle off the few tunes ,shuffle the briefcase, toddle off home to prepare something exactly similar tomorrow, and the day after, and the day after.

Nothing even remotely personal against the lad but this slot needs a good kick in the hole, figuratively speaking.

Needs a change, a freshen up, a shuffle, a spring clean.

Music by numbers gets tiresome no matter how much of a gent the presenter is.

what would you replace it with so?

• Advertisement

what would you replace it with so?

It’s not really ‘replacing it’ with anything too different, it’s about freshening it up with another voice, another tone, different music, different patter.

It’s about changing the ‘ voice in the dressing room’ as it were.

Opening the window like, letting in the fresh air.

It’s not really ‘replacing it’ with anything too different, it’s about freshening it up with another voice, another tone, different music, different patter.

It’s about changing the ‘ voice in the dressing room’ as it were.

Opening the window like, letting in the fresh air.

I'm hoping you aren't suggesting the other voice being the very hyperactive shay byrne

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

The format is dated but it's a nice oasis during the day. Tubridy's show should be the same between Morning Ireland and SOR. As should Darcy between LL and Mary Wilson. But there's no chance of that happening on Misery FM.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

i love Ronan collins show. its just pure quality.
    its the only thing ill listen to on rte1. often wish it wad much longer.

i love Ronan collins show. its just pure quality.
    its the only thing ill listen to on rte1. often wish it wad much longer.

That’s ok , no harm in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,687 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

I'm hoping you aren't suggesting the other voice being the very hyperactive shay byrne

I'm starting to think that guy isn't playing with a full deck.

What's with all the giggling at that hour of the morning??

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Ronan is an institution at this stage. An old school pro. Nothing wrong with his show. It doesn't need to be jigged around or given any kind of jazzy makeover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

We could end up with a godawful "content creator" instead. Or another presenter along the lines of Tubridy or D'Arcy. Ronan is a throwback to a gentler time on radio when presenters played records and didn't feel the need to jabber on at 90mph or inflict their views on their listeners.

Hmmmm seems some people like things ‘just like they always were’ turning on the ‘wireless’ at half one on Sunday for Din Joe and Rory O Connor and his dancers.

Each to his own I suppose, now would someone get the starting handle for the car out in the scullery.....and a bucket of wather from our own well.

Ta ta

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

Be careful what you wish for. I'm not against them replacing Ronan Collins but not if they bring in another presenter who's highly slappable. Given their track record I wouldn't trust them.

Advertisement