Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rosemary Mac Cabe suggests #yesallmen...then claims she was joking

• 15-01-2018 4:49pm
    Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭

Am I the only one that sees something very wrong here yet people aren't taking her to task?

https://twitter.com/rosemarymaccabe/status/952634437585592321

She's spewing her man-hating nonsense, now suggesting that all men are involved.

She followed it up with this:

https://twitter.com/rosemarymaccabe/status/952634754289070081

This suggests to me that she is very, very serious. Anyway, someone from 98fm seemed to get in touch with her, because then she tweeted this:

https://twitter.com/rosemarymaccabe/status/952817254131032066

...how can she joke about something like this? James Corden made Weinstein jokes and was rightly criticised, this woman then suggests all men are involved and claims a joke yet nothing.

She has thousands of followers yet continues to get away with hate-filled nonsense like this. Why have none of the media done anything?

She needs to be taken to task over this yet it seems people are afraid to because it would look like they're attacking women. She doesn't deserve to be spoken about in the same breath as feminists and what they're fighting for.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,102 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

who?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

apparently it's the end of civilization.

Here's a rule of thumb on boards. The people who post about feminism are the people who dislike feminism. the people who post about cyclists are the people who hate cyclists. The people who post about islam... well, you get my drift.

This thread will be a group of people claiming that she's a nazi or discriminates against people. They'll compare her to Stalin or Mao or someone. They'll get all wound up and after a few pages it'll die.

Until tomorrow when a new tweet is found for them to get outraged about.

Of course at this point in reading this someone is already preparing to quote me and say "Why don't you actually supply an opinion" or "This should matter"

This is a tweet. By someone that most of us have never hear of. Posted by someone who was looking for a reason to be outraged. It's a non news item and shouldn't be thought of twice.

BTW, The OP asks why the media aren't doing anything about this. Well apparently from his own post it's going to be on the radio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I have no idea who she is. The world contains many people who you should ignore or give no credence to. People say all kinds of nonsense every day. They're best just ignored in the most part. The fact she has thousands of 'followers' on twitter means nothing to me and won't have any impact on my life, so let her waffle on.

I'd say the people most likely to be outraged by this are also the people who are outraged that other people feel outrage at some other outrage.

There's going to be outrage, is what I'm saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Thankfully beyond the internet in this country, none of this carry-on has any impact in day to day life for the normal person.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Candie wrote: »
    I'd say the people most likely to be outraged by this are also the people who are outraged that other people feel outrage at some other outrage.

There's going to be outrage, is what I'm saying.

I for one am outraged.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Grayson wrote: »
    I for one am outraged.

I like to rage out when I'm inraged.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Complete nobody says something stupid on twitter.....im more interested in why people get bothered by these random comments than the comments themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I love the snowflake emoji in her name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭Max Prophet

Oh my isn't she the little catch !

• Advertisement

We have to be outraged or people will appear here outraged at the fact that we aren't outraged by this. Sometimes you just can't do right for doing wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

She's a cabbage. Anyone giving her much attention, for or against, is also a cabbage. The end.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,102 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

She makes Louise O'Neill look reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I think she needs a good all fashioned rogering, with expressed written consent of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

A nobody said something controversial and stupid on Twitter.

THIS IS UNPRECEDENTED. WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO???!!!11

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Should I be outraged or not? Im not sure so I need help here......

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

jonnycivic wrote: »

you can be whatever you want to be jonny

jonnycivic wrote: »

Get on Twitter and ask your followers. It appears tweeted opinions are all that matter now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    you can be whatever you want to be jonny

original.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

I think some people need to stay off Twitter, lest they be triggered by some randomer no one has ever heard of making a joke they don't like. Some people need to grow thicker skin.

• Advertisement

Get on Twitter and ask your followers. It appears tweeted opinions are all that matter now.

Whats a "twitter"? :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,065 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Is there going to be a thread each for every moron on Twitter who posts something insipid?

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Saruhashi

Grayson wrote: »
    Here's a rule of thumb on boards. The people who post about feminism are the people who dislike feminism. the people who post about cyclists are the people who hate cyclists. The people who post about islam... well, you get my drift.

This thread will be a group of people claiming that she's a nazi or discriminates against people. They'll compare her to Stalin or Mao or someone. They'll get all wound up and after a few pages it'll die.

Until tomorrow when a new tweet is found for them to get outraged about.

Of course at this point in reading this someone is already preparing to quote me and say "Why don't you actually supply an opinion" or "This should matter"

This is a tweet. By someone that most of us have never hear of. Posted by someone who was looking for a reason to be outraged. It's a non news item and shouldn't be thought of twice.

BTW, The OP asks why the media aren't doing anything about this. Well apparently from his own post it's going to be on the radio.

Here's another rule of thumb on Boards.

There is always at least one poster who thinks they can read minds and predict the future, proceeds to try and is actually really terrible at it.

I for one am outraged that this Nazi woman, who looks like Stalin but sounds like Mao, is discriminating against men. I hope she tweets again tomorrow.

Why don't you actually supply an opinion? This stuff obviously matters enough for you to comment on it.

I don't suppose you know what next weeks winning lottery numbers will be?

Is there going to be a thread each for every moron on Twitter who posts something insipid?

Probably a strong case for a stickie to keep them all prominent lest we miss them.

The kind of snowflake that cares about this is the same kind of snowflake who is outraged and offended at all the snowflakes out there.*

*That's right. I put offended, outrage, and snowflake in the same sentence.

The kind of snowflake that cares about this is the same kind of snowflake who is outraged and offended at all the snowflakes out there.*

Outrageous.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

I swear to God most of the threads on this forum these days are about identity politics b*llocks; something that rarely comes up in discussion amongst normal people in real life.

Banned Promoted :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,065 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Probably a strong case for a stickie to keep them all prominent lest we miss them.

As long as none of the vital insights are lost forever that's the main thing.

Seriously daft. I found my mood got a lot better when I stopped giving morons like this attention. Whether people agree with them or not, as long as they keep clicking ad revenue increased encouraging more of the same.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Taxburden carrier

I wonder what Ronnie Pickering has to say on the subject.....

Advertisement