Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DJI Mavic Pro

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭yoshimitsu

Scruff wrote: »
    Had my first serious disconnect at the weekend. Was flying around near the top of the arete of a glacial tarn went all of a sudden it disconnected and the app became unresponsive and kept restarting. Controller said disconnected too so couldn't manually fly it. I could see the drone sitting in the sky 300m away and 120m up and all i could think was "oh, balls..". It just stayed hovering there for about a minute and i thought it was going to just stay there until the battery ran out but it eventually decided to return to home. It did reconnect before it landed but i let it complete the RTH and packed it up straight away. Gave me some scare!
    Never had a disconnect before. There was no mobile signal where i was, definitely no signal interference and had 17 sats locked.
    Had that happen to me twice while flying on my Mavic connected to my iPhone 6. First time the DJI app kept on freezing, I would close it down and re-start it and then it would connect again. I thought I had sorted it out by closing down every other app on my phone and putting it in flight mode (something I should've done from the beginning). The second time it happened the drone was at a 1.2km distance, way beyond "line of sight", the app crashed, I tried re-launching and it wouldn't connect... The remote control display was showing "connecting" and beeping. I pressed RTH and after what were the longest 2 minutes of my life I heard it flying back.
    I've now been flying with a iPad Mini 4 Wifi-only, which I bought 2nd hand purposely for the Mavic. I've got nothing installed on it except for the DJI app and google maps. It has been running fine since then...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Had my first serious disconnect at the weekend. Was flying around near the top of the arete of a glacial tarn went all of a sudden it disconnected and the app became unresponsive and kept restarting. Controller said disconnected too so couldn't manually fly it. I could see the drone sitting in the sky 300m away and 120m up and all i could think was "oh, balls..". It just stayed hovering there for about a minute and i thought it was going to just stay there until the battery ran out but it eventually decided to return to home. It did reconnect before it landed but i let it complete the RTH and packed it up straight away. Gave me some scare!
    Never had a disconnect before. There was no mobile signal where i was, definitely no signal interference and had 17 sats locked.

I had a very similar thing happen took off in a clear space beside a old building, mavic gets 50 ft up and completely disconnects, controller and everything, hovers for a bit and then RTH kicks in, It reconnected and I stopped the RTH, landed and did a check over, took off again and it happen exactly as before, this time I let RTH complete, packed up and left,

I later found out the Old building houses the local telephone exchange... Won't be flying near that anytime soon :D

I also had my closest near hit with a wire the other day, looks like I came within 1-2 feet of it, was doing a tracking shot when a Bird took flight from below the mavic so I went to fly up and away as a safety move, completely loosing track of the Mavic position relative to the Wire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Have you got it set to return to home on radio signal loss? There is a choice between that or hold position. And it will then return to home if it's set to do so when battery gets to a level that return to home is required.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Bruthal wrote: »
    Have you got it set to return to home on radio signal loss? There is a choice between that or hold position. And it will then return to home if it's set to do so when battery gets to a level that return to home is required.

Yeah it was set to RTH but it took a minute or two to kick in which is what had me worried. You hear stories the whole time about drones of various makes and model deciding to do their own thing. Had forgotten about it waiting for set battery level before it kicks in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Yeah it was set to RTH but it took a minute or two to kick in which is what had me worried. You hear stories the whole time about drones of various makes and model deciding to do their own thing. Had forgotten about it waiting for set battery level before it kicks in

Sometimes the app says it's disconnected, but it is still within radio signal, in which case it will just hold position if there are no stick inputs. If you try flying forward you would see the distance change, if it's still within radio signal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Where do people reckon the best value can be found these days for the Mavic?

I'm probably going to go with the fly more option, ie the package with extra batteries etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭bertie4evr

Rick Shaw wrote: »
    Where do people reckon the best value can be found these days for the Mavic?

I'm probably going to go with the fly more option, ie the package with extra batteries etc.

I have one hanging around if you'd like? :p

bertie4evr wrote: »
    I have one hanging around if you'd like? :p

Brand new or used Bertie? Prob best off finishing this convo by PM

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭bertie4evr

Brand new or used Bertie? Prob best off finishing this convo by PM

Hey man, don't know if you saw it but I sent you a PM

bertie4evr wrote: »
    Hey man, don't know if you saw it but I sent you a PM

Oops

Thought I replied, but it obviously didn't get sent.

• Advertisement

Just a quick heads up, anyone considering purchasing the Mavic Pro, the fly more combo pack can now be picked up for less than €900 using the following method.

Tomtop website have them here, use code HXFMAVIC260 to get a further $260 off. (down to $1139) €978

Buy via topcashback.co.uk to receive a further 8.5% back in cash back (€92)

€978 - €92 = €886.

Amazon are selling this same package at £1350. (€1511)

Just a quick heads up, anyone considering purchasing the Mavic Pro, the fly more combo pack can now be picked up for less than €900 using the following method.

Tomtop website have them here, use code HXFMAVIC260 to get a further $260 off. (down to $1139) €978

Buy via topcashback.co.uk to receive a further 8.5% back in cash back (€92)

€978 - €92 = €886.

Amazon are selling this same package at £1350. (€1511)

Is it shipped from EU warehouse? Otherwise you'd need to factor in customs charges...

yoshimitsu wrote: »
    Is it shipped from EU warehouse? Otherwise you'd need to factor in customs charges...

Hi.

According to my tracking number, leaving a warehouse in the Netherlands via UPS.

Hi.

According to my tracking number, leaving a warehouse in the Netherlands via UPS.

the it's a good deal indeed! if everything works out you should post it on the Bargain Alerts section of Boards.
    thanks for posting it

yoshimitsu wrote: »
    the it's a good deal indeed! if everything works out you should post it on the Bargain Alerts section of Boards.
    thanks for posting it

It's already there with several happy customers, none of which had any issues whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Schindlers Pissed

Hi guys, I'm new to this thread so hope you don't mind if I ask a question. I bought a Mavic last month and what a piece of kit!! I download mine onto a MacBook Pro as I don't have a desktop. I've noticed a "quiver" when playing back video, and I assume that it's the video quality and that my Mac is struggling to cope with 4k video. I've changed the camera settings to 1080p and 60fps.......I've not had a chance to test these on a flight (work, weather etc).....any other tips would be greatly appreciated.....

Hi guys, I'm new to this thread so hope you don't mind if I ask a question. I bought a Mavic last month and what a piece of kit!! I download mine onto a MacBook Pro as I don't have a desktop. I've noticed a "quiver" when playing back video, and I assume that it's the video quality and that my Mac is struggling to cope with 4k video. I've changed the camera settings to 1080p and 60fps.......I've not had a chance to test these on a flight (work, weather etc).....any other tips would be greatly appreciated.....

What Video format are the files in? Then need to be in .MOV for Mac

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Agrinet6

It's already there with several happy customers, none of which had any issues whatsoever.

Hi lads, just thinking of purchasing a mavic pro and this deal looks good but is it too good to be true? Also, what about repairs and breakdowns? And the last thing, does the novelty wear off quickly?... curious...

I can only answer the novelty part, I've had my Mavic 7 months, still fly it ever week, but then I love flying it and creating something from what I capture, so to me the novelty won't really off, as for repairs and breakdowns, I've only ever had one issue and that was last weekend where the little 5way button popped out and is now lost (nothing major)

Hi,
    Can you describe the problem a bit better
    Is it a flickering in the image with smooth playback, or just jerky playback?

flickering might be just shutter speed setting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭ozmo

Shane_ef wrote: »
    I can only answer the novelty part, I've had my Mavic 7 months, still fly it ever week, but then I love flying it and creating something

To keep it interesting ive been playing with various software.
    Drone2map (makes 3d models from images)
    DroneDeploy (similiar but free for most stuff)
    Hanger360(free) creates 360(720?) spherical panaromas

Most of them the results are viewable in facebook and twitter without viewer needing to have any viewer software needed. Favourite is hanger360 right now.

“Roll it back”

ozmo wrote: »
    To keep it interesting ive been playing with various software.
    Drone2map (makes 3d models from images)
    DroneDeploy (similiar but free for most stuff)
    Hanger360(free) creates 360(720?) spherical panaromas

Most of them the results are viewable in facebook and twitter without viewer needing to have any viewer software needed. Favourite is hanger360 right now.

Thanks Shane, now to find the best deal, Rick's deal looks good but I always like keeping business near to home if I can. There is a big variation in prices....

Agrinet6 wrote: »
    Thanks Shane, now to find the best deal, Rick's deal looks good but I always like keeping business near to home if I can. There is a big variation in prices....

You won't get it anywhere near that price local I'm afraid.

You won't get it anywhere near that price local I'm afraid.
    And everything is OK and the language is in English?

Agrinet6 wrote: »
    And everything is OK and the language is in English?

Everything was A-1 for me, came with an EU Plug, but that was no biggie.

The manual was in Chinese, but you can download an English version from DJI website if you need, but I found YouTube more than made any manual redundant anyway.

Everything was A-1 for me, came with an EU Plug, but that was no biggie.

The manual was in Chinese, but you can download an English version from DJI website if you need, but I found YouTube more than made any manual redundant anyway.

Thanks Rick, think I'll bite bullet so

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Schindlers Pissed

Hi,
    Can you describe the problem a bit better
    Is it a flickering in the image with smooth playback, or just jerky playback?

flickering might be just shutter speed setting

Hi Andy, thanks.

It isn't a constant flicker, it's like the computer isn't able to transfer the high quality of the data.

I've reduced the resolution to 1080p and 60fps but didn't have a chance to test it due to weather and work.....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

The mavic pro platinum has been announced. Longer flight time and 60% reduction in propeller noise. Impressive..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

tedpan wrote: »
    The mavic pro platinum has been announced. Longer flight time and 60% reduction in propeller noise. Impressive..

Only 3 minutes extra flying time for a 100 euro more, just buy another battery. And for me it's quiet enough. Plus the new blades can be used on the pro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭ozmo

I think Id get a set of the blades if they become available.
    Out of stock at the moment.

“Roll it back”

Advertisement