Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

anna080 wrote: »
    This isn't a facebook quote but I was out last night and met my cousin who I grew up with but haven't seen for about five years because she moved to Australia. She's home for a few weeks and I saw her out last night and I said hi to her, I was met with a blank stare as she had no idea who I was. Once I reminded her she said "oh ya ha sure you're not on facebook are ya". Kinda sad really that if you're not on facebook some people forget you even exist.

I was going to read that but when I realised you're not on facebook, I didn't bother...

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Nialinius

Sick of these fake statuses on fakebook

The irony...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,779 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Nialinius wrote: »
    The irony...

Be careful they don't think Irony is a new word for ironing...

Like Telpis :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭skirtgirl

"Some rare yolks around dis town haha !!
    8 people like this."
    Eight people obviously have found really rare egg yolks so maybe they are not so rare...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Where do ye find these scobes! They can't be real can they?

• Advertisement

efb wrote: »
    They can be found easily through acquaintances on fb. Click click click and before you know it all these crazy statuses are on your page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

skirtgirl wrote: »
    They can be found easily through acquaintances on fb. Click click click and before you know it all these crazy statuses are on your page.

I tried. Only spoof pages

I tried. Only spoof pages

Efb you are lucky in that case. They do exist.
    Edit. This thread wouldn't exist without them. Bow to all them people.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Lisha wrote: »
    So this fine upstanding citizen is waiting for a baby to be born, so she can tell all and sundry, that the child is an ugly fatherless child with a skank for a mother .

Those poor children haven't a chance :(

The one who wrote it is having a baby a week before me, she's broken up with the father very publicly numerous times. All the drama aired over Facebook, then a day later 'love you with all my heart, doin wats best for dr baby'

This other bird said she was going to kick the baby out of her. These people are a different species. They think they're all model parents too, it's really worrying.

• dave3004 wrote: »
    'Just walked into a shop just there where an elderly homeless man sat with a paper cup as dirty as a bin he prob found it in. Bought a 5 litre bottle of water €2.00 4 apples €0.75 handed them to the elderly homeless man. Seeing the smile on his face priceless. #everylittlehelps'

A good friend committed the above crime. There's just so much to Enjoy...I don't know where to start.

We will start with the shameless self promotion. But that's everywhere so it can be somewhat overlooked.

But the MasterCard and Tescos branding tag lines are amazing and completely unintentional !!

The repetition the the man was elderly/homeless.

The fact he bought him 4 apples!!

What's not to love about this post !!!

Hijacking the plight of homeless on Facebook was so 2014.

I think sick children is the one these days. And anyone missing for more than 5 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

This isn't a facebook quote but I was out last night and met my cousin who I grew up with but haven't seen for about five years because she moved to Australia. She's home for a few weeks and I saw her out last night and I said hi to her, I was met with a blank stare as she had no idea who I was. Once I reminded her she said "oh ya ha sure you're not on facebook are ya". Kinda sad really that if you're not on facebook some people forget you even exist.

I've had uncles walk past me without saying hello, and I'm talking about blood relative uncles.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭gutenberg

Maybe not the dumbest one out there, but this one (and the comments underneath) made me laugh:

Girl 1:Ok. How many children does the queen have? And is her husband still alive? I'm so confused

Followed by comments such as:

Girl 2: Prince Philip is very much alive.

Girl 1: So how is she the queen then? Why don't we have a king?

Girl 1: Why is the queen dating a prince and not a king?

Girl 1: Is Prince William the queen's son?

It just went on & on from there. However, this final comment made me giggle:

Guy 1: In answer to your questions:
    - The Queen has never had any children. New royals are generated at appropriate intervals by slightly modifying one of a warehouse of cloned royal embryos.
    - Prince Philip was never alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Honestly! While this thread gets a great laugh on occasion, it's also tremendously depressing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Honestly! While this thread gets a great laugh on occasion, it's also tremendously depressing.

FB has to be the Jeremy Kyle's production team's first call when recruiting for each series. It practically does their job for them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭sara1

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Nialinius

Pretty much anything from "hope your ok hun xx" page :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭ Kason Better Padlock

Someone on my feed has the following quote:
    If she's amazing, she won't be easy. If she's easy, she won't be amazing. If she's worth it, you won't give up. If you give up, you're not worthy. ...Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for.

Aside from the whiff of sub-Marilyn Monroe bullshít, it's also attributed to that noted feminist and not-at-all-a-dirty-dog-poon-hound Bob Marley :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Teacher23

"What kinda muppet young1 still sucks on a doody nd her 20yrs of age. Grow up fool!!!"

Doody, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

I seen stuff published today that indicates a new "game" has started on facebook! It's called Game of 72 and it's where teenagers/others are daring each other to disappear for 72 hours without letting relatives or friends know where they are, if they can stay out of sight for 72 hours they have succeeded! What a bloody stupid pitiful thing to dare anyone to do! Can you just imagine the despair that families must go through when this happens? and think of the danger that young people are putting themselves in during this 72 hour "disappearance" ! Any young person out there reading this I want you to understand the awful fear a parent feels when they don't get a text in a 24 hour period from their kid, it is indescribable, please never put your loved ones through this, it's impossible to be ever right again after a fear like that! Idiots that dare teenagers to do this sort of crap are terribly unhappy, sad and angry people and need to make others the same. if you need to talk to someone, do that and if you have time on your hands I'm sure your community could do with your help. STAY SAFE!

Dumb kids

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭brandnewaward

how d'ya like dem apples :0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭brandnewaward

fussyonion wrote: »
    "hoo strawberry dakirries in the tunderoad cafy on a georgous bank holiday sure what else would ya be doin wha"

Accompanied by the obligatory photo of said "dakirries".

seriously contemplating returning to education maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

PandaPoo wrote: »
    'love you with all my heart, doin wats best for dr baby'

... They think they're all model parents too, it's really worrying.

Hey if their baby is a doctor, who am I judge?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

My friend just showed me this
    "Poor donnas after takin a razor to her eyebrowns an the communion saherday"

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

If only scientists would invent some sort of eyebrow pencil between now and ''Saherday''

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Imagine the poor child up at the altar in her big puffy dress with not an "eyebrown" in sight!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Does that mean if it was a boy it was have been sahisday? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Imagine the poor child up at the altar in her big puffy dress with not an "eyebrown" in sight!

From a lowbrow event to a no brow one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

saherday"

This actually physically upsets me. Why, just why?!

Although after reading this (and the previous) thread I sometimes think of "Telpis" and chuckle to myself. It's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

Woshy wrote:
    Although after reading this (and the previous) thread I sometimes think of "Telpis" and chuckle to myself. It's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen!

What's Telpis?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭johnny osbourne

whats strawberry dakirries?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement