Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UFC Fight Night Events Thread - Spoilers Within

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,520 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Bisping and DC in the booth at this event are a pretty good mix. Then again Bisping would likely get on with anyone (even Dominic Cruz!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Bisping and DC in the booth at this event are a pretty good mix. Then again Bisping would likely get on with anyone (even Dominic Cruz!)

Ha, I was going to say the opposite. Lots of 'banter' between them which should be left to pre or post fight shows not during the fights. They both loved the sound of their own voice.

A number of good fights on this card. Yet another pair of terrible womens fights. Womens mma in the ufc has really had such terrible fights for over a year now.

Dos Anjos hurtling rapidly towards 'needs to retire'.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭Homelander

I just thought it was a really good performance from Chiesa rather then it being a bad performance from RDA.

I did think though that JDS looked kinda poor in the main.

As for the commentators....I just don't like Michael Bisping. DC is good and fairly natural, I just find Bisping tries too hard to be funny and doesn't have the natural flow that most of the others have.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,505 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I like DC but Bisping for me is the best commentator. He knows his stuff and his in-running breaking down of strengths and weaknesses of the fighters is very good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

really enjoyed dc with bisping but not so much without him

chiesa did what needed to be done and fair play to him but I couldnt help
    but feel rda was poor
    thought he'd up his game considerably after a poor first round but he just
    didn't seem to have the answers to chiesas ground game

chiesa calling out colby was interesting, doubt colby will bite but if he does I think he'll
    run through chiesa quite easily
    I'm not convinced Chiesa will ever be a top five guy, good fighter but I don't think
    he'll ever be an elite fighter, don't think he'll ever beat a decent striker if he's ever forced to stand with them

• Registered Users Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Earlier start for this weekends event. Some good fights, but not a great card overall.

Paul Felder vs. Dan Hooker has heaps of potential. Stand up war coming.
    Karolina Kowalkiewicz :o

As typical for an overseas fight night, lost of fighters from the region. A few old reliables. Highlight for me is my boy Josh Culibao stepping in on short notice. Jumping to to LW too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Mellor wrote: »
    Earlier start for this weekends event. Some good fights, but not a great card overall.

As typical for an overseas fight night, lost of fighters from the region. A few old reliables. Highlight for me is my boy Josh Culibao stepping in on short notice. Jumping to to LW too.

What time does it start? I can't seem to get a definite time.

Have seen a reported start time of 12 midnight saturday, 3 am sunday morning, and then the fight disciple lads further confused matters by saying it starts on saturday afternoon uk time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Prelims start at 9PM and main card at 12AM GMT according to UFC's website

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Mellor wrote: »

Did Josh used to be a much bigger guy than he is now?

Tough fight for him tonight.

• Advertisement

good performance by tukhugov, real dark horse in the divison who
    could go far

surprised riddell is favourite to beat musta in the next bout

Riddell has dynamite in his hands

Riddell swamping a pint on the way back, never seen that before

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Mental fight that! :pac:

Crazy, wondering how he kept taking those bombs

Can't remember the last time karolina looked good in a fight
    She's tough but that's about it, will never beat a top 5 fighter again, will do well to beat a top 10 fighter now

She hasn't improved at all since Joanna used her as a punchbag

She should really be cut

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

mailburner wrote: »
    Can't remember the last time karolina looked good in a fight
    She's tough but that's about it, will never beat a top 5 fighter again, will do well to beat a top 10 fighter now

She hasn't improved at all since Joanna used her as a punchbag

She should really be cut

Sad to say it, but I agree completely. Not only has she not improved, she almost looks like she is regressing.

:(

Kinda fancy Felder to get it done late on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

No glove touch was explained by the commentator as being a result of Hooker being pissed off at Felder. Whats the bad blood between these two?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Some joke that, Felder absolutely robbed there.

Had Felder 48/47

Really don't think that td in the 5th deserved it if that's what decided it
    Fights lately seems impossible to call..I recall it used to be a lot easier or am I just imagining it?
    What a fight though

• Advertisement

So hooker with his customary call out post fight and his next victim is
    Justin Gaethje :eek:

Sorry Dan but you'll regret that one

Although I thought Felder edged that one it saddens me that he might retire when he could have been fighting someone like Gaethje himself.
    Could you imagine that fiight? Gaethje will finish Hooker if it happens

• Registered Users Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Did Josh used to be a much bigger guy than he is now?

Tough fight for him tonight.
    He normally fights at FW. Was giving up a lot of weight in there. Then the ankle roll didn’t help.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭Homelander

Really thought Felder deserved the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

So figueiredo misses weight, which means only benavidez can win the belt, and the gall - oliveira fight is cancelled and not replaced, great card!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Only going ahead you'd imagine due to the thinly veiled nature of having absolutely no contingency plan. Technically a Figueiredo win would still leave Henry Cejudo still as outgoing champ and some MMA media think would be more reason to scrap the division.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

Only going ahead you'd imagine due to the thinly veiled nature of having absolutely no contingency plan. Technically a Figueiredo win would still leave Henry Cejudo still as outgoing champ and some MMA media think would be more reason to scrap the division.

What could you ever do in this situation? 2.5 Pounds on the biggest night of your career has damned him in everyone's eyes. Always had Benavidez to win, Cejudo or Demetrius still has a massive gap in talent on the division.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭Still Ill

FFS! Bull**** stoppage!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

I cannot believe that worst ref decision for a long time..

Tough on cutelaba
    They'll definitely rematch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Ref wasn't paying close attention can only assume he called it on the unusual body language alone rather than the action.

Advertisement