Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The 'trampoline wars' FG Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Jayop wrote: »
    Maybe
    I know there was a discussion about sharing photos of ourselves, but I think when I say this I speak for all:

Currently, don't

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭andy125

tumblr_nibjtwm4001rwcfrqo1_500.jpg

So I've moved WW4 to the archive section of the other forum. You should all still be able to access the forums there for now. I'm going to remove all permissions for everyone who was evil and leave everyone as a normal registered user and then set up a new forum in the staff room for the next game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭suffering golfer

It's a lot easier when you're playing, you should give it one go at least, if we have a simpler game maybe to begin but CJ and someone else jumped right into the last one, by far our most complex and got on perfectly fine.

Speak for yourself... was co mod and hadnt a clue how some of the roles worked, still dont tbf!!

• Advertisement

OK QB and MrsFD could you both check if you have access to your staff forum?

I have access to it at the moment, but once you guys check in there, I'll sign out of my staff account and use a secondary one.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

I do.

quickbeam wrote: »
    I do.

Cool, if you want to make a thread there and if you need to ask me anything technical about the forum management go ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Hi there, I created a thread in it to make sure I could. All good. Thanks Jayop!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Also a brief overview entitled "how not to give dead people admin status" would be great.

• Advertisement

sullivlo wrote: »
    Also a brief overview entitled "how not to give dead people admin status" would be great.

lol yeah I'll do an instruction thread and paste it into all the new staff rooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

lol yeah I'll do an instruction thread and paste it into all the new staff rooms.

Where do you get the time for all of this :p

Uriel. wrote: »
    Where do you get the time for all of this :p

While I "work".

I work in an office and a lot of my time is spent on hold on the phone or calling people and leaving messages. You can get an awful lot done while still giving that part of the job the 5% of your brain it deserves, then when I do get someone on the phone I put this stuff aside till I'm done.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

While I "work".

I work in an office and a lot of my time is spent on hold on the phone or calling people and leaving messages. You can get an awful lot done while still giving that part of the job the 5% of your brain it deserves, then when I do get someone on the phone I put this stuff aside till I'm done.

My job is a bit similar. Hanging on the phone or waiting for reports to come my way for analysis so I surf the Internet during the 'waiting' times. Although sometimes when reading through game posts I do put work to one side :o

Other times I need to do a lot of driving for on site stuff so access to the Internet is not possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

I spend all day on the internet for my job. Then the majority of the evening on the internet for pleasure. I would casually estimate 12 - 14 hours of screen time a day during the week. That's why games like this are both brilliant for me and also dangerous. As much as I'm enjoying playing on boards, I certainly am not looking for other online communities to get involved in to play the game. I'm happy for it to be a time drain for a few days every other month on boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Stoogie

It was interesting to see what goes on behind closed doors :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=102015661#post102015661

There's a free slot for the live game if anyone is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Discord deleted

420435.jpg

Only an hour or so into this but its been pretty epic so far. If your into that sort of thing :)

Only an hour or so into this but its been pretty epic so far. If your into that sort of thing :)

Bookmarking for background music for college assignments!!!

When I was a kid I used to listen to the London symphony orchestra play the music from Star Wars, always loved classical styles. Also love the music from Game of Thrones, especially the Season 6 soundtrack

I love the music from a cop TV show, can't think what it was called now. Just remember the name of the song etc lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Yay, that's my soundtrack for the next few days at work sorted! :)

This is also fab.

Damn, says an error occurred...

Just remembered the TV show. It is Cold Case.

With the one I posted, scroll in a few minutes to hear it get going. it's great!

• Advertisement

Any vanillagers heading to electric picnic out of interest?

Advertisement