Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi Drone 4k - 393 euro including delivery

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

chris1970 wrote:
    Nice footage, what editing software are you using?

Cheers! I'm using movavi video editor. It cost 20euro though. Pretty easy to use, it's basic enough but has the options I need. My PC is not powerful enough to edit 4k and it does a good job of compressing the 4k footage to 1080p.

EireCelt wrote:
    The gearbest tracking says arrived London on 9th and on 10th it just said " Parcel is in clearance".... An Post doesnt reconize the tracking number online... i rang An Post earlier, they said they havent got it, so i presume its still with the customs? Don't really know whats going on and what to do tbh? any advice is appreciated ! I bought it off gearbest mate

Any update on delivery mate?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭EireCelt

Yes I've been in contact on live support all week, they sent me an email explaining further yesterday

"Unfortunately, due to an unexpected Customs delay, your parcel is currently being processed. We have approached the shipping company to expedite the issue. They have confirmed that the package can be released by October 1, 2017; it will arrive shortly after this."

Just happy to hear it will be arriving soon :D Can't wait !!
    Thanks for ye're help!
    ps where's the best place to purchase a battery haha

tedpan wrote: »
    Any update on delivery mate?

Presume I need a micro SD card aswell? Any more advice is much appricated thanks for your help btw your videos are top notch ðŸ‘

EireCelt wrote:
    Just happy to hear it will be arriving soon Can't wait !! Thanks for ye're help! ps where's the best place to purchase a battery haha

Nice one! A pity it's going to take longer than expected, but will be worth the wait!

I would use gearbest or tomtop for the battery. I purchased from banggood and had to pay 30euro in duty on top, cost more than the original saving, not recommended!
    EireCelt wrote:
    Presume I need a micro SD card aswell? Any more advice is much appricated thanks for your help btw your videos are top notch ðŸ‘

Cheers!

I buy all my SD cards from memoryc.ie
    They are slightly more expensive than other online sellers, but are based in Ireland, have excellent warranties, free next day delivery and is always the genuine article.

I know some of the boardsies buy from tomtop, unfortunately I haven't, but they recommend them.

It must be at least class 10 speed card. I'm using a PNY 64GB Class 10 85Mb/s which cost me around 30euro and it does the job as you can see.

Best of luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

I finally bit the bullet on this on Thursday. It was on "Processing" for a couple of days, and I clicked the Deliver Faster button, and in a few hours it was changed to "Packed". It's still the same. Most of the time items would be shipped by now, and it would take the usual time to deliver. What was anyones experience in this part of the process?

The reason I ask, is in or around October last year, shipping times from China went from about 3 weeks to sometimes 3 months.I'm sure most on here have had that experience. I like not to have €300 plus of equipment sitting around somewhere waiting to be delivered. I've read that Gearbest sell stock they don't have. Don't know how true it is. I've got items from them before and there was no hassle.

If it's shipped in the next few days, I won't mind so much. I just feel if it goes longer than that, it could get caught up in the mess that happened last year.

If it's shipped in the next few days, I won't mind so much. I just feel if it goes longer than that, it could get caught up in the mess that happened last year.

Don't worry, that's normal. It can sit in packed/dispatched for up to a week, it always gets me stressed waiting too. Although it usually takes 2 or 3 working days after that. So I'm guessing you'll have it by the end of next week. The tracking is pretty useless, I have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭logistic

I finally bit the bullet on this on Thursday. It was on "Processing" for a couple of days, and I clicked the Deliver Faster button, and in a few hours it was changed to "Packed". It's still the same. Most of the time items would be shipped by now, and it would take the usual time to deliver.  What was anyones experience in this part of the process?

The reason I ask, is in or around October  last year, shipping times from China went from about 3 weeks to sometimes 3 months.I'm sure most on here have had that experience. I like not to have €300 plus of equipment sitting around somewhere waiting to be delivered. I've read that Gearbest sell stock they don't have. Don't know how true it is. I've got items from them before and there was no hassle.

Been keeping an eye on this thread for a while and just gave into temptation. Just placed an order myself. :)

logistic wrote:
    Been keeping an eye on this thread for a while and just gave into temptation. Just placed an order myself.

Haha, nice one! Shipping seems to a bit slower than usual, so you might have to be patient. You'll be happy once it arrives! :)

will wait for the dji spark to come down in price I think. even though the video quality is not as good on the spark it's 1080p quality seems pretty good (even at 30fps). it's just far more portable for travel and general transportation and the range is decent enough (even with the nanny state eu restrictions on signal output).

• Advertisement

glasso wrote:
    will wait for the dji spark to come down in price I think. even though the video quality is not as good on the spark it's 1080p quality seems pretty good (even at 30fps). it's just far more portable for travel and general transportation and the range is decent enough (even with the nanny state eu restrictions on signal output).

The spark is a nice little quad. I can't see it coming down much, the mavic hasn't really moved in price over the passed year. Make sure you get the combo with controller and additional battery to give you over 100m range

Don't worry, that's normal. It can sit in packed/dispatched for up to a week, it always gets me stressed waiting too. Although it usually takes 2 or 3 working days after that. So I'm guessing you'll have it by the end of next week. The tracking is pretty useless, I have to say.
    Grand job. I don't mind if it takes even a bit longer than that. I'm after getting well used to waiting for stuff to arrive from China at this stage. :)

The spark is a nice little quad. I can't see it coming down much, the mavic hasn't really moved in price over the passed year. Make sure you get the combo with controller and additional battery to give you over 100m range

yes the controller is essential. can get 1km in open ground with that. people can get 3.2km / 2 miles in the US with a 10$ signal reflector attachment. might get 1 mile in Europe maybe with one of those.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=io2AtN7zNfc

Just ordered my SD card from meomryc.ie, good shout mate!
    Been pursuing batterys past few days, I plan on using my drone a lot as soon as it arrives and would prefer not to go down the China route due to waiting time, came about Tom Toms battery offer and noticed they ship from Germany at an extra cost. Delivery 1-4 days apparently. Anyone gone down this route before?

EireCelt wrote:
    Just ordered my SD card from meomryc.ie, good shout mate! Been pursuing batterys past few days, I plan on using my drone a lot as soon as it arrives and would prefer not to go down the China route due to waiting time, came about Tom Toms battery offer and noticed they ship from Germany at an extra cost. Delivery 1-4 days apparently. Anyone gone down this route before?

Awesome! I haven't used that service, hope someone can advise!

EireCelt wrote: »
    Just ordered my SD card from meomryc.ie, good shout mate!
    Been pursuing batterys past few days, I plan on using my drone a lot as soon as it arrives and would prefer not to go down the China route due to waiting time, came about Tom Toms battery offer and noticed they ship from Germany at an extra cost. Delivery 1-4 days apparently. Anyone gone down this route before?

I was thinking of getting a second one myself. Had a look at tomtop but not sure if I'm looking at the right one. Have you any link by chance? The one I looked at says out of stock from Germany warehouse.

Oh, and any ideas of what sort sd card I should go for? Like a class 10 64 gb or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,385 ✭✭✭✭listermint

The latest clip at the beach, this time in Bettystown this morning

Is it me or does the footage not look stable when in flight i.e forward back up and down.

It seems slightly juddery, enough to notice . Was it windy that day ?

Here you go,

https://www.tomtop.com/p-rm7962.html

And yes, I purchased my SD card yesterday off MemoryC.ie !

Here you go,

https://www.tomtop.com/p-rm7962.html

And yes, I purchased my SD card yesterday off MemoryC.ie !

Thanks for that. Looks like I'm too late for the Germany warehouse. It's out of stock for me. Hope you got one.

I might just order from China. But is there something about shipping batteries restrictions?

Only noticed they were out of stock after posting on boards lol unlucky, been looking around but looks like tomtom is the best option :/

Couldn't tell you about battery restrictions, not used to purchasing from China but i'm guessing its fine.

• Advertisement

Only noticed they were out of stock after posting on boards lol unlucky, been looking around but looks like tomtom is the best option :/

Couldn't tell you about battery restrictions, not used to purchasing from China but i'm guessing its fine.

No worries. I'm not in any panics for it anyway. I might bide my time and see if something turns up.

listermint wrote:
    Is it me or does the footage not look stable when in flight i.e forward back up and down.

Yeah, unfortunately I had to compress the video down so some of the cool shots don't look as good as the original footage.
    listermint wrote:
    It seems slightly juddery, enough to notice . Was it windy that day ?

Slightly windy, I'm still messing around with the settings. Recording in 30FPS rather than 60FPS at speed gives best results.

Can you let me know the times in the clip which were most noticeable and I will compare with the original footage? 2:05 is the most disappointing part for me. It was a fantastic flight although something happened when I compressed the video.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭dedaw

Would I be mad to consider private selling a phantom 3 4k to buy one of these?
    Would it be much of an upgrade?
    Would I have a few bob in the pocket?

dedaw wrote:
    Would I be mad to consider private selling a phantom 3 4k to buy one of these? Would it be much of an upgrade? Would I have a few bob in the pocket?

Hmmmm, they're very similar. The camera has additional resolution options on the Mi Drone. It's an excellent flyer, but lacks follow me mode, which I'm not sure you use? Maybe if you can sell yours and bank some cash? If you want to have a test flight on mine, let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,385 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Yeah, unfortunately I had to compress the video down so some of the cool shots don't look as good as the original footage.

Slightly windy, I'm still messing around with the settings. Recording in 30FPS rather than 60FPS at speed gives best results.

Can you let me know the times in the clip which were most noticeable and I will compare with the original footage? 2:05 is the most disappointing part for me. It was a fantastic flight although something happened when I compressed the video.

8 to 12 seconds for example

listermint wrote:
    8 to 12 seconds for example

No, that's YouTube, editing and compression. Looks fine on the original footage. Sometimes you'll get jello but only on windy days

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Vidcon

Have you tried making any large prints from the photos?
    It's on offer again for around 360 now and I'm tempted but I would really only want it for photography.

Vidcon wrote:
    Have you tried making any large prints from the photos? It's on offer again for around 360 now and I'm tempted but I would really only want it for photography.

I've taken a few photos. I haven't used the RAW option either. I will dig examples out and post them shortly

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Vidcon

I've taken a few photos. I haven't used the RAW option either. I will dig examples out and post them shortly

Brilliant, thanks for that.

If anyone has a RAW file they wouldn't mind posting I'd like to see one of those too and print it to see the quality. Feel free to put a huge watermark on it too if you prefer.

• Advertisement

Vidcon wrote: »
    Brilliant, thanks for that.

If anyone has a RAW file they wouldn't mind posting I'd like to see one of those too and print it to see the quality. Feel free to put a huge watermark on it too if you prefer.

I'm off work today so said I'd have a flight and took some RAW shots. Hopefully they're not too bad.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Q234qeCPSb3EO4JC2

Advertisement