Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Students Welcome!

• 12-03-2017 8:24pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hello Everybody,

There's a new 'students welcome' initiative across the science forums, as in the past it was actually boards.ie policy to discourage or delete posts asking for homework solutions or help with projects. But no longer! This has never really been the case here, but in any case, it's now policy that Students are welcome to post homework and project questions and work through problems towards solutions. But please, come back several times and discuss! Don't just ask for final answers in your original post, and leave to never return. You can also collect data for student degree-related research (surveys, interviews, etc.), and discuss methodologies, including measurements, data coding, analysis, results, and conclusions. Defend and discuss your reasoning.

P.S.
    This is for student learning, not business or marketing purposes (for the latter contact hello@boards.ie).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,780 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Karwik wrote:
    Hello, guys. Can someone recommend me nice economical courses?

Depends what elements of economics you're into and what type of qualifications you're looking for, I know David McWilliams is running an online course that's accredited, but it probably wouldn't produce a job, but it would probably give a much better understanding of economics, far better than most academic courses anyway, which are primarily neoclassical.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Aashi

Hi friend

David McWilliams' accredited online course offers a deeper understanding of economics, surpassing many academic courses focused on neoclassical theory. While it may not guarantee a job, it provides valuable knowledge in the field.

I hire economics grads regularly. I'd laugh if I received a CV with this "accredited" course.

I'm happy to answer any questions, particularly on Econometrics.

Advertisement