Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What's up with irishgenealogy.ie

Options
  • 01-02-2016 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

I haven't been able to search either the church or civil records for a few hours. Anyone else having access problems?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Rox_88

Same here, I can't access the census records over on the National Archives site either :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭shanew

The root site IrishGenealogy looks ok and the sub-domains present and all giving 503, temp. unable to service your request. Probably just maintenance ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭shanew

Rox_88 wrote: »
    Same here, I can't access the census records over on the National Archives site either :(

got the census search form ok - but the search results timed out. No access to tithe search page

Wonder if these are all hosted together somewhere - possible routing or switch error ?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,302 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Well that's annoying - don't they know I have work to do.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Rox_88

shanew wrote: »
    got the census search form ok - but the search results timed out. No access to tithe search page

Wonder if these are all hosted together somewhere - possible routing or switch error ?

I'd wondered if they were hosted together, but beyond that I'm pretty clueless as to how this magical place works :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Tullyneasky

Both sites appear to be back and running okay again.

Advertisement