Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The mame of shame

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Comment winner on that add right here:

444776.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 34,402 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

MrVestek wrote: »
    Comment winner on that add right here:

444776.PNG

Did you see his follow up comment? :pac:

cursai1 3 hours ago
    ...okay. Is it possible to get the customised button layout reconfigured for people with regular hand configurations, before purchase that is?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Hes a witty fella.

https://www.adverts.ie/14821424

This has become available once again for those of you interested.

tumblr_inline_n2lux58Rtd1r4s4qa.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭jimmy180sx

Lol @ this is what bartops look like

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Now I'm pretty sure I've seen these at 8bit gaming conference and they looked like they were really well made, regardless of my own taste, but that is one steep price tag if you ask me

29197110_2075941962635965_2449426205460398080_n.jpg?oh=950df3135f3fc1e8d2b1fbb70b579b74&oe=5B27959D

Master of the Universe

Fools and their money..!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

cursai wrote: »
    https://www.adverts.ie/14821424

This has become available once again for those of you interested.

Proof positive of aliens amongst us, no one else could use such a control panel

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Proof positive of aliens amongst us, no one else could use such a control panel

The layout looks fine (Astro P1+P2?) but the marquee is distracting & out-of-place.

And I'm not sure how they can claim to have "designed" the artwork when it's clearly the poster for BttF3 :pac:

Master of the Universe

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    The layout looks fine (Astro P1+P2?) but the marquee is distracting & out-of-place.

And I'm not sure how they can claim to have "designed" the artwork when it's clearly the poster for BttF3 :pac:

Are you looking at a different cab?! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭Doge

Now I'm pretty sure I've seen these at 8bit gaming conference and they looked like they were really well made, regardless of my own taste, but that is one steep price tag if you ask me

29197110_2075941962635965_2449426205460398080_n.jpg?oh=950df3135f3fc1e8d2b1fbb70b579b74&oe=5B27959D

This cabinet they made will bring shame upon any Irish man:

447638.jpg

Designed to have the stool thrown through it when you die in Ghost N'Goblins.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Back to unblocking drains, you scumbag...

Master of the Universe

Back to unblocking drains, you scumbag...

Hopefully the first thing he has to remove from a drain is that monstrosity of a bartop!

Doge wrote: »
    This cabinet they made will bring shame upon any Irish man:

447638.jpg

Designed to have the stool thrown through it when you die in Ghost N'Goblins.

Check out the tat in the background.
    100% TK Maxx

That's McGregors house definitely! Heard he loves TK Maxx

Master of the Universe

If you go to their website and scroll down, it's on their front page as a 'Limited Edition signed Conor McGregor unit'.

https://miniarcadesystems.com/

What has Conor McGregor got to do with arcade games? It's existence is baffling!

Some bad timing from these guys. I guess they could revise it and change his shirt and jacket to an orange jumpsuit.

Signed by who?
    McGregor?

Sure the identifying ink he'll be asked for now are his fingerprints!

Signed by who?
    McGregor?

Sure the identifying ink he'll be asked for now are his fingerprints!

He ****ed it against a bus window to get Street fighter 3 running on it. Worth a fortune now. And still has the wrong bios.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

whats the craic with the rotating top half haha

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

The scariest thing about that ad is that people are actually interested :eek:

whats the craic with the rotating top half haha

Its a **** rubics cube :D

Oppps ,
    my link didnt work .
    People on reddit are praising his button layout

Master of the Universe

Jaysus, so in summary;

16:9 LCD? - Check!
    Cheapest sticks and buttons available? - check!
    Random button layout? - check!
    ****ty, badly placed CP artwork? -check!
    Cab itself console themed and nothing to do with arcade games? - check!

It's a shame the finish is so bad because the actual cabinet build itself looks better than the usual MAME build you see on these things (control panel doesn't look like an aircraft carrier and the marquee is normal sized)

After seeing the scanline Mame setup someone posted here a while back it changed my views on LCDs. Don't get me wrong I still love a good CRT but I was amazed at the setup and look of the CRT emulation on the screenshots.

Definitely something I want to try out for myself

After seeing the scanline Mame setup someone posted here a while back it changed my views on LCDs. Don't get me wrong I still love a good CRT but I was amazed at the setup and look of the CRT emulation on the screenshots.

That was o1s1n I believe

I showcased the config in one of my YouTube vids.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭Inviere

Check out the Retroarch shader called crt-royale, it's my go-to shader. Needs beefy specs to run it, but it looks very very good. If I embed a screenshot it gets reduced in size & the effect gets messed up, so here's a link to the full size image (be sure to click the image in the link) - https://s7.postimg.cc/44q1h45aj/Sonic_The_Hedgehog_USA_Europe_-180523-170402.png

^^ it's still resized/compressed by the looks of it, and doesn't look as good as it does in person, but you get the idea!

Such will never replace a crt, but it does offer some relief knowing we have good solutions for when crt's are truly gone the way of the dinosaur.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭Doge

That was o1s1n I believe

It was me. I personally prefer the CRT effect you can generate in MAME compared to the shaders in Retroarch.

The video explaining how to do it is in the following quote:

Then i followed the following guide:

And got this:

442549.jpg

• Advertisement

That was o1s1n I believe

It was me. I personally prefer the CRT effect you can generate in MAME compared to the shaders in Retroarch.

The video explaining how to do it is in the following quote:

Then i followed the following guide:

And got this:

442549.jpg
    Nah, I was definetly using o1s1n's config as it had rainbow banding effects etc.

Advertisement