Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

still..original cab outside
    I think its better converted to jamma.you could be a bit fecked if ya buy an original space invaders and sH**t goes wrong.$$$

• Registered Users Posts: 34,351 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭ Aitana Magnificent Nation

Willy wars went for €142 on ebay,so the game seems to be worth more than the radiant-

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Willy wars went for €142 on ebay,so the game seems to be worth more than the radiant-

If that's a complete copy then that's a brilliant price compared what it has been selling for recently.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Boxed N64, a steal at only €300!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

Adverts seems very stagnant at the moment, lot of the prices are very high and people aren't willing to budge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Adverts seems very stagnant at the moment, lot of the prices are very high and people aren't willing to budge.

I find you have to pre-compensate for the initial offer of 50% of asking price that your guaranteed to get when selling an item on adverts. Start high, get a low offer, negotiate to middle ground is the way I do it there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

EnterNow wrote: »
    I find you have to pre-compensate for the initial offer of 50% of asking price that your guaranteed to get when selling an item on adverts. Start high, get a low offer, negotiate to middle ground is the way I do it there.

yeah totally but have had a few experiences where I make a a genuine and fair offer and get the response of "I paid E40 for it new so its worth at least E35 now." Actually mate, its only worth what someone is willing to pay for it and I'm the only one willing to pay anything for it and its a DS game that came out in 2008 so no, its not worth E35.

rant over;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I hate those ads. "Cost me €200 new!"

Yeah maybe about 4 years ago, but it's certainly not worth that now!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

well whats stupid is when people dont take into account vat

"Cost me 200 new" "yes my good sir, but 21% of that was vat so when it was new it was only worth 160 so my offer or 120 is quite reasonable my friend"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭DickyC

must try this approach, because I want to shift a few items. but from past experience there are a lot of buyers on adverts, who know what the stuff is worth, who are hoping that you dont know what its worth and then looking for the said item for feck all.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,764 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yeah there's a guy on there by the name of Jack Burton who is an absolute prick for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭DickyC

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Yeah there's a guy on there by the name of Jack Burton who is an absolute prick for that.

I was not going to menion names;) {but i have heard of him around these parts}:D

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭DaveTwenty7

I hate those ads. "Cost me €200 new!"

Yeah maybe about 4 years ago, but it's certainly not worth that now!

Wonder if I could get Panzer Dragoon Saga for the €60-80 it cost new?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,764 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Suikoden 2 for 50 euro? Bargain. Also an absolutely amazing game to boot.

Master of the Universe

Ah crap, don't really have the money, but I can't pass that up.

What to do?

o1s1n wrote: »
    Ah crap, don't really have the money, but I can't pass that up.

What to do?

When else are you ever going to get Suikoden 2 for that price? Also the PAL version is rarer and has the better localisation. Go for it.

Master of the Universe

You speak the truth. Offered asking.

I am both saddened and over the moon at the same time :D

Well it's not like you are buying it because it's rare. It's also one of the best games I've ever played. Wish I had the money myself to pick up some of the other games like alundra but I really have to concentrate on getting these DS games before they are stupid rare.

Also Legend of Dragoon. You know you want it out of morbid curiosity.

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Also Legend of Dragoon. You know you want it out of morbid curiosity.

That's not even worth a cd-r tbh

Master of the Universe

It's also going for cheaper than normal..but I gots to draw the line somewhere! Already just bought an Everdrive, MUSHA, an Amiga mouse, a harddrive, Deathsmiles, soon to be getting a new TV from Enternow and now Suikoden II too.

There was also Phoenixed CPS2 Progear on ebay but thank FECK someone offered him 100gbp and it was ended early!

o1s1n wrote: »
    It's also going for cheaper than normal..but I gots to draw the line somewhere! Already just bought an Everdrive, MUSHA, an Amiga mouse, a harddrive, Deathsmiles, soon to be getting a new TV from Enternow and now Suikoden II too.

There was also Phoenixed CPS2 Progear on ebay but thank FECK someone offered him 100gbp and it was ended early!

Sounds cheap, that's the most sought after CPS2 board isn't it? I thought it usually fetches a lot more than that.

Master of the Universe

Indeed, I was very suprised it was ended so early. Pissed off too as I got an ebay alert saying my bid was canceled.

Was tempted to send the guy an email just to say he shouldn't have ended it early as I'd have paid twice that.

(I wouldn't have, but he doesn't need to know that :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Was tempted to grab one of the suikoden 2's before linking to that, but am also hunting down ds games at the moment. I'm happy enough picking up ps1 games on the PSN, still have to play suikoden 1, xenogears and grandia on my psp. Parasite Eve was released on the US one yesterday so will download that later

That's not even worth a cd-r tbh

It's a 4 CD game which makes it worse :)

Speaking of Morbid Curiosity, Rage got Overblood 2 in today, think I'll pick it up if it's still there this saturday and I'm not running late for the limerick train.

Master of the Universe

I really need to clear out a lot of stuff in the next month, so will be sticking some gear up for sale on adverts.

If anyone here is interested in anything let me know. I'd rather sell to you lot.
    No Jack Burton offers :p but I'd probably be willing to give you guys more of a discount.

Anyway to start it off -

Great condition Sega Lock On guns -

http://www.adverts.ie/other-toys-games/sega-lock-on-guns/504109

Atari 2600 stuff - (seems I've sold one of the woodys already.

http://www.adverts.ie/other-consoles-games/atari-2600-lot/504103?page=2&ct=1#comments

Lot of Speccy games -

http://www.adverts.ie/games/job-lot-of-78-zx-spectrum-games-speccy/503904

Fully boxed audiophile PS1 -
    http://www.adverts.ie/playstation/boxed-complete-ps1-playstation-audiophile-model/503898

There will be more!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Any Sega stuff just run it by me first o1s1n! I promice I wont Jack Burton you! And if i do, dont worry it only hurts the first time!

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

The only Megadrive thing I have going at the moment is a fully boxed Megadrive II. Which I would imagine you have no interest in.

The Lock On set is Sega though....!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement