Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stop Skeletons From Fighting (Formerly Happy Video Game Nerd)

• 21-05-2015 3:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭

So The Happy Video Game Nerd has rebranded himself, to get away from the obvious AVGN connection. Understandable really, and is now, Stop Skeletons From Fighting. The rebranding hasn't had any negative impact, and Derek's enthusiastic, energetic, and informative style has carried over flawlessly. The quality of this guys reviews are really up there, & his presentation and delivery make his reviews very easy and enjoyable to watch.

So, Monster Party? Hadn't heard of it before, but after watching this review, I'm very interested. It's bizarre & whacky...with a mysterious origin too. Well worth a watch

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,771 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Always was a big fan of HVGN, actually did some designs for him back in the day. Glad to see him back, he is one of the top reviewers out there. Have his dvds on my shelf and all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

An excellent review of the excellent Shatterhand (NES). Btw, I love the 60fps videos Derek does, they look so clean & smooth

• Registered Users Posts: 5,771 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I actually backed him on patreon, 2 dollars a month for a show I enjoy so much is well worth it

Cave Noire (GB) Review :)

Faxanadu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Tchoin

I was not familiar with him, did his name had any reference to AVGN to begin with? Or was it pure coincidence? Going to watch some of his vids at lunch.

Tchoin wrote: »
    I was not familiar with him, did his name had any reference to AVGN to begin with? Or was it pure coincidence? Going to watch some of his vids at lunch.

I think (like many YT'ers), he took inspiration from AVGN, but with a twist. Rather than the predictable angry review format, Derek decided to be a happy reviewer. It worked brilliantly, and with the energy and top notch delivery of his videos, it elevated him to the 'elite' level of retro reviewing. A name change seemed a logical move, to break away from the obvious AVGN connection & claim his own plot on youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Tchoin

Myrddin wrote: »
    I think (like many YT'ers), he took inspiration from AVGN, but with a twist. Rather than the predictable angry review format, Derek decided to be a happy reviewer. It worked brilliantly, and with the energy and top notch delivery of his videos, it elevated him to the 'elite' level of retro reviewing. A name change seemed a logical move, to break away from the obvious AVGN connection & claim his own plot on youtube.

Sounds very reasonable, his videos are pretty good I have to say! Watched just a few so far.

The new name does not sound very catchy, but that's just my personal opinion - the content is still very good.

Tchoin wrote: »
    The new name does not sound very catchy

I agree, it's a weird name :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

What does it mean? I assume its a reference but cant think of a single time I had to stop skeletons fighting in a game.

• Advertisement

Kid Dracula (GB) :cool:

Resi 4

New video

Advertisement