Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many Weight Watchers points in ... ?-PLEASE USE MAIN STICKY THREAD

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 looneytune

does anyone know if I can order the "treats" online that you usually have to buy in the class, e.g. the fruit gums or the toffee bars?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

looneytune wrote: »
    does anyone know if I can order the "treats" online that you usually have to buy in the class, e.g. the fruit gums or the toffee bars?

http://search.ebay.ie/weight-watchers-bars_W0QQ_trksidZm37QQcatrefZC6QQfclZ3QQfobfmtZ1QQfromZR10QQfrppZ50QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ3QQfssZ0QQftrtZ1QQftrvZ1QQga10244Z10425QQpqryZweightQ20watcherQ20barsQQsaaffZafdefaultQQsabfmtsZ1QQsacatZQ2d1QQsalicZQ2d15QQsaobfmtsZinsifQQsapplZ1QQsaslopZ1QQsofocusZunknown

the points system is different from the US, some uk sellers too though.

thanks for that, do you know of anyplace/ any website in ireland that I can get them? Have had a few bad experiences with ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

thanks for that, do you know of anyplace/ any website in ireland that I can get them? Have had a few bad experiences with ebay.

I don't sorry. Tesco do healthy living cakes and stuff and I think they quote the points on them. I have gotten toffee cakes which were OK.

I just usually stick with business sellers on ebay "powersellers" with good reviews.

If you are unsure of a seller put their name into www.toolhaus.org this site only shows up negative and neutral feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I don't do it myself but I know of other people who contact the WW leader in their local area and arrange to go in at the end of the meeting just to buy a few bits. They don't mind as I think they get commission for what they sell...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭smiler26

Anyone know how many points in a Kinder egg???????????? :rolleyes:

Mmm...kinder egg!!! Chocolate!!

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭seaner

Found this on another forum:

kinder Surprise Egg....20g....2.5points

Sounds about right to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭smiler26

Thanks! mmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

How many points in a honey roast chicken breast, carrots and sweet potato....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Suzywuzy

How many points in a brown sandwich bap does anyone know ? I worked it out and have it on a sticker in the press at home but can't remember !!! Oh and it's a Tesco brand if that helps ??? :confused:

Slightly off topic, but wrecks my head sometimes ...

Every week in work (office) a menu for the canteen for the week goes up on the share drive and basicly says what hot food is on each day and what veg, etc. There's salads, sandwiches, paninis, cakes, yoghurts, drinks, soup and tea and coffee too. Just wondering what's the best thing to eat ... I usually go for a brown bread sandwich (usually with ham/turkey, lettuce, 1/2 tbsp grated cheese, either 1/2 tbsp mayo or 1/2 tbsp coleslaw, and tomato). Every Thursday there's a Weight Watchers kind of tomato and veg (mediterranean you might call it) soup on and it's really nice, I love it. Usually get a bowl of soup with the sandwich to keep me filled for the day, as I don't get home til about 6. Some days there's curries and stuff on that I do be very tempted to go for but I try to avoid them and the rice as I assume they wouldn't be great points wise what with the sauce and all. Any suggestions ??? Usually take a WW yoghurt up to my desk as a snack for the afternoon too. Boyfriend's 21st is tomorrow 5 weeks and wanna trim down as much as possible before then and have to find a new dress !!! Eeeeeek !!!

All suggestions appreciated !!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭litup

I'm not sure what you are asking, but I think it is what to do about lunches?

The easiest way to stay on track is to bring your own. That way you control portion sizes and you know exactly what is going into your meal.

You could still have your sandwich but made with low fat mayo/cheese and you could weigh everything and so know exactly what you are eating rather than 'around half a tablespoon' or '1 slice' of ham.

For all you know the tomato and veg soup could be made with loads of oil/cream etc. Why not make your own? Then you can be sure it is low points.

You can even have the curry if you want if you make it at home and control your portion size.

litup wrote: »
    I'm not sure what you are asking, but I think it is what to do about lunches?

The easiest way to stay on track is to bring your own. That way you control portion sizes and you know exactly what is going into your meal.

You could still have your sandwich but made with low fat mayo/cheese and you could weigh everything and so know exactly what you are eating rather than 'around half a tablespoon' or '1 slice' of ham.

For all you know the tomato and veg soup could be made with loads of oil/cream etc. Why not make your own? Then you can be sure it is low points.

You can even have the curry if you want if you make it at home and control your portion size.

Hey Litup !

Yeah, it was about lunches. I love all that rice/noodles with sauce dishes but know they're not great for the points. There's a tortellini with spinach and ricotta on today, not sure what that would be like. Then there's beef stir fry with noodles.

As for the soup, it's got a very watery/tomato base to it, and a lot of zero point veg in it ... celery, onion, tomato, peppers. And it's my fave soup ever !!! :D Oh it's on today !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭litup

Suzywuzy wrote: »
    Hey Litup !

Yeah, it was about lunches. I love all that rice/noodles with sauce dishes but know they're not great for the points. There's a tortellini with spinach and ricotta on today, not sure what that would be like. Then there's beef stir fry with noodles.

As for the soup, it's got a very watery/tomato base to it, and a lot of zero point veg in it ... celery, onion, tomato, peppers. And it's my fave soup ever !!! :D Oh it's on today !!!

Thats my point - you don't know what is in any of the dishes, be it the soup, the ricotta or the stir fry.

Bring in your own lunch and you will have control of your portion size, know exactly what is in it and exactly how many points it is. Otherwise, its all guesswork.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭xxdilemmaxx

Anyone know how many points in small fruit scone (it really was v small!), one portion real butter and one portion of strawberry jam?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

Anyone know how many points in small fruit scone (it really was v small!), one portion real butter and one portion of strawberry jam?

Probably 6 - 7 all in.... Our WW lady said there are 9 points in an Avoca fruit scone - whiich is very big... Butter - 1 and jam probably 2 .....

Weigh in tomorrow again but have lost 13.5 lbs in 8 weeks so happy enough.. Probably have another 7-9 lbs to go... Was very bad this weekend though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

Started WW last week in a mens group up in the new HQ in swords. I think like most fellas my main concern is how it is going to affect my drinking career :D I am slightly confused about points for alcohol. Reading previous threads I think assuming 3pts for a pint is prolly safe enough - over the course of an evening if your drinking Heineken or Guinness it will work out maybe .5 to 1.5 points too much but no harm in over estimating slightly. The situation re spirits isn't as clear - someone quotes 1pt for vodka earlier but our leader said 1.5, based on the different size measures between here and UK (25 vs 33) . But doing it on the uk online calculator it looks like 1 pt whichever way you work it, assuming approx 75 cals for a 33ml measure... What dya think?

Cheers,
    C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Numbercruncher

I would go with the online calculator to be honest, I use it myself and its always up to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

Just to clarify my earlier comment, Irish spirit measure is actually 35.5ml (aka 1.4 gill). So about 78 calories. Still 1 point on the online calculator. Have ten of them (780 cals) and the online is saying 11 so 1pt should be fine as a general number. So 5 pints and two vodkas with a diet mixer is 17 points, not too bad :D

• Advertisement

Phibsboro wrote: »
    So 5 pints and two vodkas with a diet mixer is 17 points, not too bad :D

Almost my daily allowance :( Makes you think really how fattening drink is, before ww I would have eaten normally and then drank the same points worth and not even thought about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

I would say three for the scone, and one for about a teaspoon of jam. I wouldnt judge butter as I dont eat it so I am not sure. I would guess two for butter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭cocopop

anyone know the points in the marks and spencers cookies?

thanks everyone

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

There's a whole thread on ww points already. Merged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭cocopop

thanks sorry, if anyone can help that would be great...

Depends on the cookie - chocolate one is 2.5 the other ones seem to be 1.5 according to the ww database.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭JustCoz

Depends on the cookie - chocolate one is 2.5 the other ones seem to be 1.5 according to the ww database

If you're talking about the cookies they make everyday in the bakery there is no way on earth that they're only 2.5 points! You can smell the butter in them, they must be at least 7.

Anyone any clue how many point would be in a Butlers hot chocolate? I need someone to scare me out of drinking them! :p

Haha weird, I'm drinking a WW Veggie cup of soup in a Butlers Hot Chocolate mug !!! Try that ... you might not notice the difference !!! Haha. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭JustCoz

Lol! I'll give it a shot, but somehow I don't think it'll hit the spot quite the same way :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 DizzyDieter

Hi All

I have been doing WW for the past 11 weeks and have lost approx 10lb so far I an fairly happy with this as it is a know fact that the slower it comes off the longer it stays off!!! Anyhoo's the problem I am having at the mo' is that I haven't seemed to have lost anything in the past 2wks my weight seems to have plateau'd :mad: it is soooooo frustrating as I am trying to lose at least another 10lb before my hols on the 12th July! Does anybody know how many extra points you can carry over from food and exercise?? I have been tracking my points and it seems that I have been carrying over approx 20points a week most of these extra points are from exercise that I have been doing I am fairly active and tend not to count my exercise points I just forget about the extra points earned from exercise!! Does anybody know by doing this am I actually slowing down my weight loss? Aswell on days that I am playing sport or have a match I don't tend to have proper meals in the evening I usually just end up having a toasted sambo!! Helpppppp coz I'm starting to lose the faith :confused: here is a typical days food for me:

Bowl of Special K 1.5
    A couple of Pecan Nuts 1.5
    Slimline Milk 0.5

2 Brown Bread 2.5
    Chicken 1.5
    Salad 0
    Lowfat Mayo 1

Brown Rice 3
    Chicken 2.5
    Veg 0
    Sauce 2
    16 points Total
    Plus I would do exercise on top of that most days and I am not very good at drinking the water would that be another contributing factor to my slow weightloss!!!! Sorry for the big essay :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement