Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Design a Boards.ie T-Shirt!

13»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Maameeos is great, and so is the pac smiley one. Any one with the name on it just isn't good imo, just leave it as the symbol.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Ecate

thanks!!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

A shameless compilation :P inspired by this post:
    229795.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

One last mock-up! :D

Boards_Mockup_Kit_3.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Ok, that's it, competition is closed!

Niamh, Nicola and I will pick a winner and be back after lunch :) Thank you to everyone who entered!

• Advertisement

Just a heads up - we haven't forgotten, we're just waiting to confirm some details before making the announcement - fingers crossed I'll have it within the hour.

I was waiting to hear from Robert and unfortunately he was very busy on Friday.

The winner is...........

Damo El Diablo :)

We hope to have the tshirt up on sale on Qwertee within this week - we'll let you all know. Damo, I'll be in touch with you now to sort out details.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,556 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Great decision!

Definitely the (*cough* second) best entry in this thread. :D

Congrats Damo - you set the bar high for all that followed!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

yeay!! congrats Damo! well deserved!

i want one! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Dav wrote: »
    I was waiting to hear from Robert and unfortunately he was very busy on Friday.

The winner is...........

We hope to have the tshirt up on sale on Qwertee within this week - we'll let you all know. Damo, I'll be in touch with you now to sort out details.
    :D I'm delighted! Thanks guys!
    To be honest, I was sure Maameeo would have got it so I'm stunned and delighted! :-D

• Advertisement

For what it's worth, it was really close between Damo's, deconduo's, Dades' and maameeo's designs, so I'm going to get a t-shirt of the other 3 made up for the "runners up" and posted out to them.

This isn't the last time we're going to do this either, I think we might go for it again in Summer next year (assuming Robert's in agreement). It's been fun :) A huge thank you again to everyone who entered.

Was an excellent idea for a competition, Dav. I am quite excited about getting my Qwertee boards.ie tshirt. A tshirt from my favourite website by my favourite tshirt company. Heck yea.

Well done! Nice work you guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

The winner is...........

228966.png

Well done! Nice image :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Well done to Damo and the runners up!

So disappointed I didn't make the runners up, but there's always next time!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,556 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

For what it's worth, it was really close between Damo's, deconduo's, Dades' and maameeo's designs, so I'm going to get a t-shirt of the other 3 made up for the "runners up" and posted out to them.
    Best. News. EVER.

Delighted! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I said in another thread to Damo that I hoped his would win 'cause I loved it.

Delighted for ya, man. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Does the t-shrit come with a free compulsory bro-hug/fist/high five anytime you see someone else wearing one? i sure hope so

Jason Todd wrote: »
    Well done to Damo and the runners up!

So disappointed I didn't make the runners up, but there's always next time!

Actually I really liked what you did, but that's not our actual logo, so it got ruled out. For the first one of these things we wanted to make it a very "obviously" Boards.ie and Damo's is perfect for that. Maameeo's also encapsulates the idea of what the site is very well. Next time I think we'll have more leeway to re-imagine the logo and so on, so keep the designs on stand-by :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement