Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2019 - General Discussion

Comments

acequion wrote: »
    I spent most of today in Dublin airport and though inside I could see out quite clearly and it was anything but a nice day. Chilly and drizzly around 1pm when I arrived and though it dried up, it looked pretty dull out there all day up to when I left at 7.

So does it vary that much around Dublin? The Dublin weather I saw today bore no resemblance to the Dublin weather ye all rave about. Just saying!

Didn’t think it was chilly anywhere today?
    It was 24 degrees sitting outside the Seamus Ennis coffee shop in the Naul today at 2 pm , I was wearing jeans expecting rain and was far too hot , sun was beating down. Hard to believe Dublin airport was so bad just a couple of miles down the road?? Went home to Drogheda, fab weather continued til 7 pm when it got wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭acequion

Didn’t think it was chilly anywhere today?
    It was 24 degrees sitting outside the Seamus Ennis coffee shop in the Naul today at 2 pm , I was wearing jeans expecting rain and was far too hot , sun was beating down. Hard to believe Dublin airport was so bad just a couple of miles down the road?? Went home to Drogheda, fab weather continued til 7 pm when it got wet.

Well you don't have to take my word for it, go and check it out. It was 19C and drizzling [I would consider that chilly] at 1pm when I arrived off the bus and had to walk a bit. Now I don't know what the temperature got to after that as I was inside all the time but it was overcast and gloomy, very like the kind of weather we get in the south west. Certainly not lovely weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,435 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Well you don't have to take my word for it, go and check it out. It was 19C and drizzling [I would consider that chilly] at 1pm when I arrived off the bus and had to walk a bit. Now I don't know what the temperature got to after that as I was inside all the time but it was overcast and gloomy, very like the kind of weather we get in the south west. Certainly not lovely weather.

The weather in this country is just nuts. I'm 15min from the airport and it was sunny at 1pm until 4 and then was cloudy after that until 7 when it poured rain. Absolutely mental how it varies within a few miles

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Latest ECMWF run showing some excessive totals for the NW, and Donegal in particular, over the next week to 10 days.

jvN9oyj.png

This may be showing something more extreme than might be the case when realised, but still, looks like the far NW is not going to be compensated for its mostly drab and dreary summer so far anytime soon.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 19,377 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Has poor donegal had another ****e summer? Must say it’s been another great summer in Kilkenny. Warm, dry and sunny pretty much most of the time with only small breaks. Pretty much ideal really with no major extremes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

I can assure you it was a lovely day near the coast in north Dublin. We were out the garden all day and had a bbq and the sun was splitting the sky. It felt like the low 20s but not sure what temp it reached today. Dublin weather can vary from one side to the next, Phoenix park is often about 3 degrees warmer than Dublin airport

quote="acequion;110882813"]I spent most of today in Dublin airport and though inside I could see out quite clearly and it was anything but a nice day. Chilly and drizzly around 1pm when I arrived and though it dried up, it looked pretty dull out there all day up to when I left at 7.

So does it vary that much around Dublin? The Dublin weather I saw today bore no resemblance to the Dublin weather ye all rave about. Just saying![/quote]

• Registered Users Posts: 24,257 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Heroditas wrote: »
    Yep absolutely gorgeous day here in West Dublin. We threw a BBQ with friends this afternoon and were planning to eat inside because of the forecast. Instead we were outside enjoying the sun all afternoon. For once I was glad of the humidity because it made it feel a bit warmer.
    The rain only came after 7 when everyone had left. Certainly pelted down though but we got that window this afternoon and that made my weekend for me :)

Sunny in the morning in our corner of North Dublin but after early afternoon it certainly wasn't gorgeous. Quite chilly actually when the sun was blocked out and frequent showers. Then around seven the clouds opened proper.

Today is expected to be somewhat better..

But generally speaking, going by MT's thread, the next week could be pure August scutter

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Carol25

Was in Dublin yesterday and was delighted to get a warm, sunny morning. Some light showers were breaking out but not much. I think I might get the child of Prague out for August...have a relation coming from abroad and need some dry weather!

I’m 20 mins North of M50 , south Drogheda and very close to the East coast beaches. I’ve been off work the last 6 weeks (new job starts tomorrow !) and can honestly say it’s been an amazing July , there was sunshine every single day at some stage and most days prolonged sunshine. No rain as I’ve been watering flowers every day. I’ve hiked, cycled, swam and just been outdoors. Maybe it’s the East coast and I think being slightly further North of Dublin was a plus this summer as Dublin seemed cloudier. But we’re only talking 30km at the most. Mad!
    It’s been a truly lovely Summer for me in this area plus on hikes to Donegal, Sligo, Leitrim and Antrim. Maybe I just got lucky. I’ve “banked” lots of sunshine hours and lots of rest and hope it carries me through Winter and a new demanding job with an 11 hour day . Thank you weather Gods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Lovely morning in Arklow again,warm feeling in the sunshine
    Southwest breeze
    Currently around 19c

• Advertisement

I agree that this has been a nice summer for the east. I would give it 7/10 overall because the first couple of weeks of June were wet but been great since.
    I’m 20 mins North of M50 , south Drogheda and very close to the East coast beaches. I’ve been off work the last 6 weeks (new job starts tomorrow !) and can honestly say it’s been an amazing July , there was sunshine every single day at some stage and most days prolonged sunshine. No rain as I’ve been watering flowers every day. I’ve hiked, cycled, swam and just been outdoors. Maybe it’s the East coast and I think being slightly further North of Dublin was a plus this summer as Dublin seemed cloudier. But we’re only talking 30km at the most. Mad!
    It’s been a truly lovely Summer for me in this area plus on hikes to Donegal, Sligo, Leitrim and Antrim. Maybe I just got lucky. I’ve “banked” lots of sunshine hours and lots of rest and hope it carries me through Winter and a new demanding job with an 11 hour day . Thank you weather Gods.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

The forecast has showers for today, some lovely sunny breaks out there and my therms inland north Dub says it's 21C.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,112 ✭✭✭pad199207

Heavy showers have arrived in N kildare now

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

left Tullamore earlier and drizzly rain or showers all the way as far as Longwood, then sunshine and summer from Trim onwards. Beautiful afternoon here in Dunshaughlin, sunny and warm, 20C.

The showers that passed over earlier today were worse than anything we had yesterday. Vicious little things but drying up nicely now. Still remains very humid and sticky though despite the breeze.

New Moon

Just back from the park here in north Dublin, lovely day with mainly blue skies and about 21 degrees. I thought the weather was meant to turn today

• Registered Users Posts: 5,870 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Miserable in Galway with passing heavy showers and a very strong wind

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Nearly 15mm of rain since this morning in Castlebar, 98% humidity making it feel very close.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Its like autumn/winter lashing rain strong winds...weather always goes like this in august for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

Mainly fair but rather windy in Limerick. Only got a couple of light showers today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Down by mizen head at the moment for a spin, weather is sunny but some dark clouds around! Very windy aswell down in West cork!

Can see fastnet lighthouse in the distance, closer to the mainland then you would think really! Still far enough out though.

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    drying up nicely now

How quickly that changed.. intense waves of rain and gusty winds over the last while and as dark as an October evening.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Mostly cloudy now in Glasnevin with a bit of sunshine. It's 20.7C now. There was more sunshine a short while ago. The high was 22.4C in the last hour. There's been no rain yet.

Rain has turned into downpour...Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

Mother of god it’s depressing

• Registered Users Posts: 32 mrsnrub2.0

Lovely sunny day in South Dublin.

Bar the first half of June this summer has been 7/10 for here.

We should have a nice day on Thursday...according to bbc weather for anyone thats sick of this crap

• Registered Users Posts: 23,432 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Some of the models are progging exceptionally intense rainfall either Thursday night or Friday. Worth keeping an eye on.

gfs-2-96.png?6

iconeu_uk1-1-93-0.png?05-11

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

Some of the models are progging exceptionally intense rainfall either Thursday night or Friday. Worth keeping an eye on.

gfs-2-96.png?6

iconeu_uk1-1-93-0.png?05-11

Jesus Christ
    Is there any hope that just goes away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,674 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Has there even been 10 days with uninterrupted sun in Dublin this summer?

Advertisement