Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

19-07-2019, 19:44   #31
Ankhyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc7 View Post
Anyone listening to Red Handed? really enjoying it, wasn't sure at first but its really grown on me.

Same! I listened to the first episode on Castbox, wasn’t a case but they were locked in the cupboard and the sound quality put me off. I didn’t go back to it for a while, but I was pleased to hear that all the subsequent episodes are much improved, am absolutely addicted to it now.
I had already binged all of Crime Junkie’s episodes and love them too, but I think I prefer Red Handed.

They’re hilarious while still being respectful to the victims, I love when they go off on rants about the killers.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
22-07-2019, 12:15   #32
Boom_Bap
Landfill

There's a newish show on Netflix called Exhibit A, it's all about forensic analysis and how they changed a case.
It's not the most amazing show in the world, but it's a good look at how the forensics are used, and how they are disputed.
There is a different case in each episode, not a case that you will involve yourself in too much.
22-07-2019, 15:08   #33
GingerLily

I'm liking season 4 of Uncover Podcast, it's slow paced but a really interesting story about an ongoing investigation.
Thanks from:
10-08-2019, 23:13   #34
Mantis Toboggan

3 episodes into I am a killer on Netflix and it's really good. Stories of people on death row in the US. Brings a new angle and is really well put together.
Thanks from:
04-09-2019, 06:41   #35
Suckler

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...g/id1471432747
https://www.rollingstone.com/culture...review-860205/

Came across this podcast; really interesting one.Hadn't heard of this guy before. Interesting to have his daughter so involved.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...e/id1461511691

Also this one was very good, horrific case but covered pretty well.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
04-09-2019, 17:01   #36
Knockmealdown Shepherd

http://swindledpodcast.com/

White collar crime and corruption podcast
12-09-2019, 17:21   #37
kanadams123

I've never liked podcasts, I don't know why just not my thing.
But there was one Podcast Series I listened to that I just could not put down. It was the best produced podcast I have listened to, so gripping.

It was the West Cork podcast on Audible , about Sophie Toscan Du Plantier. 2 British journalists came to west Cork and spent a lot of time with Ian Baily. Very interesting and highly recommend it to anyone. It really changed my opinion on the case and who it could have been and a lot more information than I had previously not known about the case (having grown up in West Cork !)

Now I know this is an Irish case but I'm just recommending the podcast so it's probably best to avoid discussing the details of the case as per forum rules!
Thanks from:
13-09-2019, 14:49   #38
PropJoe10

The Lady Vanishes (disappearance of Marion Barter) is quite good. Bit long winded but worth a listen. Interesting case.
13-09-2019, 14:55   #39
B_ecke_r

Court Junkie is good

The Golden State Killer too
Advertisement
22-09-2019, 00:47   #40
all_names_gone

Hi I would like to add my own website here, if thats allowed. I have been writing about The Irish Mob for the past while and with some great success I might add. I write a lot about the Prohibition Era and the Gangs of New York type stuff but do cover stuff in Ireland too but nothing recent or current, just the historic stuff 15 years +.

I cover from the early 1800's to the Prohibition Era and beyond that, Dublin, Chicago, San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Boston, New Jersey and more. Its not all crime, I cover where Irish Immigrants began to live in the US, the areas where they lived, the politicians, the culture, the people connected, victims and anything else I can think of.

Im just an amateur who writes this for a bit of fun and a hobby but try my hardest to get everything factually and historically right, so far I havent had to pull a story for errors or inaccuracies, maybe a quick edit to change a date or something small. But generally my stories have been well received.

Here is my website, hope its ok to post it - https://theirishmob.com/ there is also a Facebook page of the same name
(3) thanks from:
08-10-2019, 13:46   #41
Mantis Toboggan

So Sky have launched a new TV channel called Sky Crime and I must say it looks really good. Some great content included especially in the on demand section.

Lots of stuff off channels like CI but also shows like The Jinx, The case against Adnan Syed, East Area Rapist and Britain's most evil killers.

I watched "I love you now die" last night and it's a fascinating case. I heard something on this before but didn't know the detail. Involves a young couple and a suicide and is well worth watch imo.
08-10-2019, 20:22   #42
pc7

Oh is that where she kept texting him to commit suicide? Think Gen Why covered it.
08-10-2019, 20:51   #43
Mantis Toboggan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc7 View Post
Oh is that where she kept texting him to commit suicide? Think Gen Why covered it.
Yeah that's the one.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion