Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

P60 & Health expenses

Options
  • 12-03-2019 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭

Myself and spouse submitted his P60 and our family medical receipts. I'm a stay at home parent so no P60 to submit. In previous years we received 2 refunds, one from the balance on the P60 and one from the medical receipts. I see that the medical receipts system has changed this year. Does that mean that we will receive one refund; both the P60 balance and health expenses together as one payment? We received one refund already but was hoping we'd receive another one, as it wasn't as much as we thought.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Stratvs

Did you do this on MyAccount via an eForm 12 or on paper?
    Normally all data goes in together and you'd get one refund, unless you requested a Balancing Statement (P21) with Just P60 data and then separately afterwards submitted medical expenses.

The old Med1 form is now gone, health expenses go through the tax return.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

Stratvs wrote: »
    Did you do this on MyAccount via an eForm 12 or on paper?
    Normally all data goes in together and you'd get one refund, unless you requested a Balancing Statement (P21) with Just P60 data and then separately afterwards submitted medical expenses.

The old Med1 form is now gone, health expenses go through the tax return.

We did eform 12 yeah. We did it all online, with the P60 details too. I presume it's just one refund payment in that case then? I remember in previous years we got 2 separate refunds. Pity, we were just expecting a bit more of a refund, but something is better than nothing I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Stratvs

We did eform 12 yeah. We did it all online, with the P60 details too. I presume it's just one refund payment in that case then? I remember in previous years we got 2 separate refunds. Pity, we were just expecting a bit more of a refund, but something is better than nothing I guess.

Once all PAYE incomes and the medical exps are showing on the Balancing Statement (P21) then that's it I'm afraid.

Sometimes people would request a P21 and there may be a refund or liability depending on circumstances in the year. Then they'd do Med claim later and that would produce a refund. Now you have to do all on one eForm12.

Generally, once employment is stable and tax credits are correct during the year there should no +/- at year end. (Med exps etc. apart) PAYE Modernisation now since 01/01/19 should mean no surprises at year end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

Stratvs wrote: »
    Once all PAYE incomes and the medical exps are showing on the Balancing Statement (P21) then that's it I'm afraid.

Sometimes people would request a P21 and there may be a refund or liability depending on circumstances in the year. Then they'd do Med claim later and that would produce a refund. Now you have to do all on one eForm12.

Generally, once employment is stable and tax credits are correct during the year there should no +/- at year end. (Med exps etc. apart) PAYE Modernisation now since 01/01/19 should mean no surprises at year end.

Yeah we got a couple of hundred back, I'd say it was all, or almost all, health expenses.

Advertisement