Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Shadow people and seeing yourself

• 12-09-2018 6:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭

Bit of a backstory
    My friend (early 20s) for the past few years since she was a teenager has always been adamant that she could see spirits in her bedroom. For years she could see a young girl at the end of her bed. It didn't really bother her as she never felt threatened or scared but her mam eventually got a priest in from the local parish to bless the room. A few years went by and she didn't see anything else. A few months ago she woke up during the night and swears she could see 5 or 6 people standing in her room. Most notably a newborn baby in the bed next to her, a woman that looked like a dead relative, a man standing by her door, and the face of a woman that looked exactly like her staring right at her. Nobody else was in the house at the time and when her parents came home they found her in the kitchen in shock too scared to go back upstairs. The freakiest part is she started recording what she was seeing on her phone and to be honest, it really scared me. It could very well be just the light but what I can see in the video is the shadow of a man standing in her doorway.

Has anybody else had any experiences with seeing shadows or the face of someone that looks just like you? And if so, does anyone have any idea what it could mean?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Kizzles wrote: »
    Bit of a backstory
    My friend (early 20s) for the past few years since she was a teenager has always been adamant that she could see spirits in her bedroom. For years she could see a young girl at the end of her bed. It didn't really bother her as she never felt threatened or scared but her mam eventually got a priest in from the local parish to bless the room. A few years went by and she didn't see anything else. A few months ago she woke up during the night and swears she could see 5 or 6 people standing in her room. Most notably a newborn baby in the bed next to her, a woman that looked like a dead relative, a man standing by her door, and the face of a woman that looked exactly like her staring right at her. Nobody else was in the house at the time and when her parents came home they found her in the kitchen in shock too scared to go back upstairs. The freakiest part is she started recording what she was seeing on her phone and to be honest, it really scared me. It could very well be just the light but what I can see in the video is the shadow of a man standing in her doorway.

Has anybody else had any experiences with seeing shadows or the face of someone that looks just like you? And if so, does anyone have any idea what it could mean?

Can you post up the video? I've witnessed shadow people twice in my life but not to the extremes of your friend thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,568 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

What are Shadow people. Where you see a duplicate of a person who is alive? That has happened me

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

What are Shadow people. Where you see a duplicate of a person who is alive? That has happened me

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_person

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Kizzles

Can you post up the video? I've witnessed shadow people twice in my life but not to the extremes of your friend thankfully.

Ill attach the video plus 2 screenshots as the video is very dark. One of the screenshots is of where she saw the shadow person. The other screenshot is the same photo but lightened as we noticed when you zoom in there seems to be the face of a young blonde girl above his shoulder.
    The video is quite dark and she pans the camera around as she could see a lot of people in the room and was hoping to capture them on camera

Sorry, having a bit of trouble uploading them. Will try loading them to a hosting site or private mail you if you like

• Advertisement

Think I've got the video this time...

http://tinypic.com/r/2w3uqs2/9

Cheers I'll have a look when I go home .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

Did your friend ever do a Ouija board? Cause when I was alot younger me and my friends dabbled a few times and I've seen what your describing even figures sitting in armchairs beside me in daylight and I would kind of jump a little and friends used to ask ,I would be hesitant in saying but did a few times and you can imagine they regretted me saying but anyway I went to this woman who read tea leaves and did cards and all that because an ex of mine wanted to go ,we gave her 40 fags as payment but she was doing my ex's cards and kept looking past me it seemed and eventually she just said to me have you ever done a ouija board and I said yes why and she then said because you have spirits following you ,I was told to go home and throw salt over my right shoulder and say go away and I swear it has never happened since ,I saw some very scary messed up figures for years but not since ,try it might work for your friend?

rapul wrote: »
    Did your friend ever do a Ouija board? Cause when I was alot younger me and my friends dabbled a few times and I've seen what your describing even figures sitting in armchairs beside me in daylight and I would kind of jump a little and friends used to ask ,I would be hesitant in saying but did a few times and you can imagine they regretted me saying but anyway I went to this woman who read tea leaves and did cards and all that because an ex of mine wanted to go ,we gave her 40 fags as payment but she was doing my ex's cards and kept looking past me it seemed and eventually she just said to me have you ever done a ouija board and I said yes why and she then said because you have spirits following you ,I was told to go home and throw salt over my right shoulder and say go away and I swear it has never happened since ,I saw some very scary messed up figures for years but not since ,try it might work for your friend?

Are you a medium?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

No but my mother and her mother could read palms and tea leaves ,my grandma saw alot of stuff that happened and she always said I had healing hands ,but I reckon stuff could run in the family

• Advertisement

rapul wrote: »

I don't think she has ever done one. But I'll ask her when I see her. She's not really afraid of what's going on and more curious as to why she is seeing them

• Registered Users Posts: 35,568 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Capturecvxs.jpg

Captureytr.jpg

Altered light

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

I'm not going to sugar coat it but I can't see anything in those pictures that is 'out of this world', maybe a bit of pixelated light and a bit of pareidolia.

The worst thing to do when posting up an image of an occurrence is to highlight the piece you want people to pay attention to, when you do this you are telling people what is odd in the image and hence they aren't going to analyse the image for themselves.

Your best to post the image and see what people make of it with no prompting.

Ziycon wrote: »
    I'm not going to sugar coat it but I can't see anything in those pictures that is 'out of this world', maybe a bit of pixelated light and a bit of pareidolia.

The worst thing to do when posting up an image of an occurrence is to highlight the piece you want people to pay attention to, when you do this you are telling people what is odd in the image and hence they aren't going to analyse the image for themselves.

Your best to post the image and see what people make of it with no prompting.

Thanks, there very well could be absolutely nothing to it but we did get a bit freaked out and just thought I'd post it to see what others thought of it. Very well could just be us seeing something there cause we had it in our heads already

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

Has she tried talking to them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭by8auj6csd3ioq

what is the white dot in the video? it looks like someone holding a penlight torch

• Registered Users Posts: 8,252 ✭✭✭jmreire

Kizzles wrote: »
    Think I've got the video this time...

http://tinypic.com/r/2w3uqs2/9
    It take you to a site for streaming videos....so not sure if this is a safe site...carefull.

https://sendvid.com/dmeft68z

I mde it brighter. Looks like a reflection of a tv

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I saw a shadow person once, in my peripheral vision.
    I was living in a house with a load of people, including a tall lanky fella. I was in the kitchen making a sambo and he came in behind me and threw his food on the counter beside me. It made a bang as if he threw it angrily on the counter. Wasn't in the mood to see what was wrong so thought to meself I'd just take me sandwich and eat it on the sofa with the missus, so I just turned around and he was gone. The kitchen was off the sittin room with one way in and out. I said to the missus if Chris had come in or out and she said nobody had. I thought back as to why I thought it was him and realised I just saw a figure in my peripheral vision that matched his height and build so didn't question it. Then there was the sound as well.

Weird stuff altogether.
    If someone asked me if I believed in ghosts I'd say no. I was looking at it from a psychological perspective. At the time, a workmate got me into all this conspiracy theory stuff. Got me to read "Behold a pale horse", which is a book about the moon landing and govt stuff. It was utter ****e but I felt it, combined with chatting to me workmate, opened my mind, which I believe is why I saw what I did (although he was talking about fasting and summoning demons to get him nice stuff!! Not shadow ppl). Either me brain made it up on account of everything I'd been putting in it over the preceding cupla months, or I don't know what it was. That's what interested me, from a psychological point of view.

I actually only came on here to see if anyone was talkin about that Loftus Hall "documentary," on telly there and saw this thread so figured I'd hijack it! :)

• Advertisement

The_B_Man wrote: »
    I saw a shadow person once, in my peripheral vision.
    I was living in a house with a load of people, including a tall lanky fella. I was in the kitchen making a sambo and he came in behind me and threw his food on the counter beside me. It made a bang as if he threw it angrily on the counter. Wasn't in the mood to see what was wrong so thought to meself I'd just take me sandwich and eat it on the sofa with the missus, so I just turned around and he was gone. The kitchen was off the sittin room with one way in and out. I said to the missus if Chris had come in or out and she said nobody had. I thought back as to why I thought it was him and realised I just saw a figure in my peripheral vision that matched his height and build so didn't question it. Then there was the sound as well.

Weird stuff altogether.
    If someone asked me if I believed in ghosts I'd say no. I was looking at it from a psychological perspective. At the time, a workmate got me into all this conspiracy theory stuff. Got me to read "Behold a pale horse", which is a book about the moon landing and govt stuff. It was utter ****e but I felt it, combined with chatting to me workmate, opened my mind, which I believe is why I saw what I did (although he was talking about fasting and summoning demons to get him nice stuff!! Not shadow ppl). Either me brain made it up on account of everything I'd been putting in it over the preceding cupla months, or I don't know what it was. That's what interested me, from a psychological point of view.

I actually only came on here to see if anyone was talkin about that Loftus Hall "documentary," on telly there and saw this thread so figured I'd hijack it! :)
    Did that work, getting nice things through demons and fasting?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Did that work, getting nice things through demons and fasting?

I think he lost a bit of weight. But he works in IT support so either his bar for "nice" is very low, or else it didn't work.

Has she tried talking to them?

Apologies for the EXTREMELY late reply:o
    No, she's never tried talking to them. She would just sit there/lie there trying to process what she is actually seeing. She hasn't seen anything since that night.
    On another note I had my first experience of sleep paralysis last week and must say it is absolutely terrifying :eek: How people experience that on a regular basis and are not too shaken from it I'll never know.

Advertisement