Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dolores O'Riordan RIP (Mod warning in op)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭eurokev

Absolutely, shocked and gutted.

Zombie is the anthem for myself and a group of buddies, we have it absolutely blaring on a loop regularly. Its one of the best pump you up songs ever. Really wish I had seen her live now..

RIP Delores

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

RIP, sad news.

She tweeted on 4th Jan she was on her way home to Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

anna080 wrote: »
    Very sad. I absolutely adored The Cranberries growing up. Hadn't heard much about her as of late.
    RIP.

They did an accoustic and orchestral album, Something Else, last year recording their old stuff for it. She was doing publicity and performing some of the tracks on radio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod-I cannot fücking believe that after 20 odd minutes i've to lock an RIP thread to clean it up. When it reopens cop the fück on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod-Ok thread reopened, Warning in op. No more warnings will be given. Treat this like it was someone belonging to you just passed away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,803 ✭✭✭gifted

I thought they were brilliant...she was brilliant..RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

After U2, they must be the next biggest band to come out of ireland, not including produced boybands of course,
    and let's be honest, she was the cranberries

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Having been a casual listener when I was younger, I saw her sing a few years ago and was blown away. She was immensely talented and always seemed like such a decent person.

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

I still put on Cranberries songs from time to time. They really are one of the biggest and most successful Irish bands of all time. Think only U2 and Enya have sold more records, they are legitimately up there. She still looked well too. Very sad news to hear. She was a genuine talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭kravmaga

RIP- Great voice and talent, terrible shock and too young to go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,721 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I'm not normally shocked, but I loved the Cranberries and hearing of her death did shock me.
    Never saw them live. Dolores had a very distinctive voice and for me the early stuff was the best.
    This is just so sad, listening to the Cranberries now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

First single I ever bought was Zombie. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Very sad, was only listening to Zombie the other day - absolute classic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Really liked a lot of The Cranberries songs when I was a teenager. Very sad. RIP :(
    Loved this song..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Was never a major fan of her music, but no denying she had a fantastic voice.

• Another tortured genius gone too soon. Thoughts and prayers with her family. Rest In Peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

This one hits me hard. One of the most distinctive Irish voices in music. Some great songs that helped define a generation.

She may be gone, but some of her work is good enough that she will not be forgotten.

This is very sad news :(
    May you rest in peace Dolores.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,561 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

breaking news

https://twitter.com/RTE_Ents/status/952949107995312129

Mod-Have some respect. Any piss-taking will be severely punished.

Ah, buggre.
    I loved her voice.
    Too young, by far.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Magown3

Terrible news.

Weirdly enough, The Cranberries came on in the car today while the jukebox was in random mode. It reminded me of what a great album it was so I took it off random and started at the first song and listened to it all the way home.

It was Everyone Else is doing. Great Album. Can't wait to listen to the rest of it tomorrow on the way to work.

RIP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭coffeepls

So sad to hear this news. Shocked. RIP Delores. Exceptional voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,319 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 33,721 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I was chatting online with a friend from Finland last week, he put on this techno version of Zombie which was so good, as the song itself from the Cranberries is a classic.
    One of our greatest music exports, she had so many fans around the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

A band I constantly go back to on Youtube for some chillout music. Such an amazing voice.
    So sad :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

God, that's terrible news. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Mr.Wemmick

Knew her back in the day when they started up in Limerick, she was so shy and would sing with her back to the audience.. beautiful voice. R.I.P.

Her and the lads worked their socks off to get where they got. They will be all devastated.. her family too. Very sad news!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭ Mack Miniature Sheep

I'm rarely shocked by celebrity deaths, but I'm stunned at hearing Dolores has died.

Switched on the TV3 news expecting to hear the usual political clap trap news but it was lead by this.. I couldn't believe it, had to rewind the news a number of times to soak it all up.

May she rest in peace <3

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

46 wow. Her poor family, such a shock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭eezipc

RobertKK wrote: »
    I was chatting online with a friend from Finland last week, he put on this techno version of Zombie which was so good, as the song itself from the Cranberries is a classic.
    One of our greatest music exports, she had so many fans around the world.

I don't think people realise how famous the Cranberries were. My wife is Russian and The Cranberries was the only Irish band she knew. She was vaguely familiar of U2, but in the 90's the Cranberries were massive all over the world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭taylor3

Wow, what a shock. She had such a unique voice. When you heard her sing you just knew who it was. 46 shocking. Condolences to all her family and friends.

Advertisement