Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RIP thread for people involved in TV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,902 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

RIP Barry Chuckle, he had some great comedy timing along with his brother. For younger kids, presumably their target audience but also older kids and students as well, there was lots to laugh about. I loved when they dressed up as dogs, and their silent stuff was as funny as Laurel and Hardy and the greats of the silent era.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,618 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 27,867 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Bernard Hepton has died aged 92.

He was very active in british tv over the 1970s with key roles in Colditz, Secret Army and Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy plus Smileys People.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,190 ✭✭✭bobbyss

odyssey06 wrote:
    He was very active in british tv over the 1970s with key roles in Colditz, Secret Army and Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy plus Smileys People.

That Secret Army was outstanding. Gripping. I remember it well.
    RIP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,974 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Skid X wrote: »

I was sure they were meant to be on the new series of CBB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Is it wrong to imagine the pallbearers saying ‘To me, to you’ as they are carrying the coffin through the church?

I’ll get my coat.

It would be highly disrespectful to the man's memory if they all immediately agreed on which direction to carry the coffin.

This sketch is pretty much perfect:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

"Hey, wait a sixty seconds!"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

http://www.thejournal.ie/lazy-town-actor-stefan-karl-stefansson-robbie-rotten-dies-aged-43-4195043-Aug2018/

Anyone who has young ones over the last decade or so will be familiar with the legend that was Robbie rotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Used to love that programme

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users Posts: 12,302 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

every 2nd thread on Reddit today was about this

• Registered Users Posts: 60,280 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Robin Leach host of Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous has died aged 76. RIP.

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/robin-leach-dead-dies-lifestyles-of-the-rich-and-famous-1202916287/

Vanessa Marquez died aged 49 after being shot by police.

Accding to the South Pasadenan, the actress was shot by police in her California home during a routine welfare check. In a press conference on Thursday, Lt. Joe Mendoza of the L.A. Sheriff's homicide bureau said authorities were alerted by a landlord who called about a woman in trouble. Officers said she was suffering from medical issues including seizures and that she was "gravely disabled."

"At the time [of the shooting] there was an LA County mental health clinician here with the officers," he explained during the presser. "They began to communicate with her, she became very uncooperative and during that contact she armed herself with a handgun, she pointed it at the officers and an officer-involved shooting occurred." Marquez was pronounced dead at a nearby hospital. Police later recovered a BB gun that Mendoza said "resembled a semi-automatic handgun."

Marquez starred as nurse Wendy Goldman on ER from 1994-1997. Her other credits include Malcolm & Eddie, Seinfeld, Melrose Place and the film Stand And Deliver. She appeared in a 2005 episode of A&E's Intervention for depression, OCD and an addiction to shopping. In October 2017, Marquez accused her former ER co-star George Clooney of stalling her career after she reported harassment on the set of the NBC series which ran for 15 seasons.

"Clooney helped blacklist me when I spoke up about harassment on ER.'women who don't play the game lose career.' I did," she tweeted from her currently-suspended account.

https://www.tvguide.com/news/er-vanessa-marquez-shot-killed-by-police/?rss=breakingnews

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

^^^
    That's a shocker!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,203 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Yeah, very sad. No one deserves to die like that. At least a clinician accompanied the police, more of that needs to be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,300 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Holy shít. What a horrible situation she was in & at the wrong time too when using a gun. America can be very f*cked up at times. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Servalan is dead

Jacqueline Pearce at 74.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR0zl3kKaoWkKG28wqqK3lldYQom7DlR_gXBkZMsQ_kF2i4dONaCw

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

Servalan is dead

Jacqueline Pearce at 74.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR0zl3kKaoWkKG28wqqK3lldYQom7DlR_gXBkZMsQ_kF2i4dONaCw
    Best sci fi show ever

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Servalan is one of the all-time great sci-fi villains and Jacqueline Pearce nailed the role.

RIP

• Advertisement

Blake 7 , that’s how you end a show ..RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭neirbloom

peteeeed wrote: »
    Blake 7 , that’s how you end a show ..RIP

I dont think you'd get too many shows nowadays where the main character is accused of Child molestation lol and they decided to broadcast the finale just before Christmas :D.

neirbloom wrote: »
    I dont think you'd get too many shows nowadays where the main character is accused of Child molestation lol and they decided to broadcast the finale just before Christmas :D.

i was 9 and remember thinking , i need to hide somewhere for a couple of months

holy cra@p they are all on youtube

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Peter Benson has died aged 75.

As well as playing Bernie Scripps in Heartbeat, he portrayed not one, but two kings called Henry... ;)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-45459664

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Dudley Sutton aka Tinker from Lovejoy has died at 85

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

sad to hear, I met him several times when they were filming lovejoy, and I drank with him and the cast and crew, he was more of a drunkard in real life than tinker!

I helped him operate the cigarette machine on many occasions when he couldn’t even see straight.

He was a lovely gentleman.

Rip Tinker.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

neirbloom wrote: »

Not in the same vein, but not the ideal thing to be showing on Easter Sun was Watership Down, especially when kids are eating their Chocolate Easter Bunny :eek: As Ch5 got the most complaints ever on that day :rolleyes:

Ah yeah, i remember Tinker well from Lovejoy, more so than his sidekick who thought he hit the big time when in that Harp ad afaik, didn't come back to Lovejoy?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,902 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Great as the desperate but vulnerable Reg in the Porridge episode where he holds the governor hostage. RIP.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Advertisement

Peter Donat passed away aged 90 RIP.
    Veteran character actor Peter Donat, best known in recent years for playing Agent Mulder’s father on The X-Files, has died at the age of 90.

Donat passed away on Monday at his California home of complications from diabetes, according to The New York Times. He made his X-Files debut as Bill Mulder in Season 2’s “Colony,” and reprised the role in five subsequent episodes, concluding with Season 6’s “One Son.” (Bill Mulder was dramatically killed off in the Season 2 finale, but continued to appear via flashback.)

Enjoying a screen career that spanned six decades, Donat also made appearances on Dallas (as the doctor who treated J.R. Ewing after he was wounded in the famous “Who Shot J.R.?” cliffhanger), Murder, She Wrote, Hill Street Blues, Charlie’s Angels and the original Hawaii Five-O.

https://tvline.com/2018/09/15/peter-donat-dead-the-x-files-actor-mulder-father-died/

Advertisement