Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ed Sheeran 2018 Stadium Tour **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

• 26-06-2017 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Ed Sheeran is announcing his stadium tour on Wednesday.

Pearce Stadium in Galway is likely to host at least one show

Summer 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,100 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

If that's true, a regional Irish tour would be cool. Always nice to see bands do something like that.

Not that I'd go myself mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,718 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Possibly (summer 2018)
    Pearse stadium Galway
    Thomond Park Limerick
    PUC Cork
    Somewhere in Dublin and Belfast

Or he could just do 2/3 Croke Park dates in 2018

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

Tickets will be going on sale Saturday 8th July at 9am for Ireland (10am UK and Europe).
    I think he'll do stadiums around Ireland, definitely said during the last tour it was the plan for the next stadium tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Is there no end to this guy ?
    No sooner he finishes his European indoor tour that he announces a stadium tour for over a year in advance.
    Nice guy Ed ,mad for money.

Zardoz wrote: »
    No sooner he finishes his European indoor tour that he announces a stadium tour for over a year in advance.

doubt ill be going to any of the shows but i hate when they announce gigs a year in advance and tickets go on sale early

its like there afraid there going to become unpopular a few months before the shows take place , so they have put tickets on sale a year in advance

• Advertisement

The indoor tour was a warm up, the demand for tickets was many multiples higher than what was available. The plan for him to do a stadium tour next year was announced before the indoor arena dates were.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Irishgal2000

Anyone an idea what month the tour will be in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

And the only way to make money these days, little money in sales of records and downloads

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Can't blame him his music is very disposable, best strike while the iron is still hot in fairness to the chap

Muir wrote: »
    The indoor tour was a warm up, the demand for tickets was many multiples higher than what was available. The plan for him to do a stadium tour next year was announced before the indoor arena dates were.

You could say the indoor tour was a warm up ,you could also say it was a cynical move to create hype for the stadia tour.

I just find it really cynical that the week after he finishes the European indoor tour he decides to announce a stadia tour for over 12 months away .

I just don't understand the guys appeal.
    I saw him a couple of months ago in London (was dragged by the missus ) in the Albert Hall .
    He had no band, his sound mix was poor and his loop machine had a mind of its own ,he couldn't shut it off near the end of the gig.
    I saw The Who and the Pet Shop Boys the same week and he was a complete amateur compared to those guys.

• Advertisement

You could say the indoor tour was a warm up ,you could also say it was a cynical move to create hype for the stadia tour.

I just find it really cynical that the week after he finishes the European indoor tour he decides to announce a stadia tour for over 12 months away .

I just don't understand the guys appeal.
    I saw him a couple of months ago in London (was dragged by the missus ) in the Albert Hall .
    He had no band, his sound mix was poor and his loop machine had a mind of its own ,he couldn't shut it off near the end of the gig.
    I saw The Who and the Pet Shop Boys the same week and he was a complete amateur compared to those guys.

The world would be a boring place if we all liked the same thing. Why worry about the tour of someone you dislike, go enjoy some good music you do like & plan a trip to a gig you'll enjoy!

I want him to be less popular again anyway, smaller venues and cheaper tickets!

7 irish shows next summer

https://www.joe.ie/music/ed-sheeran-announced-7-shows-ireland-next-summer-593239

First act in the new PUC in Cork also playing in Galway, Dublin and Belfast

• Registered Users Posts: 11,261 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Páirc Uí Chaoimh, Cork, on May 4th and 5th, Boucher Playing Fields, Belfast, on May 9th, Pearse Stadium, Galway, on May 12th and 13th and Phoenix Park, Dublin, on May 16th and 18th.

Páirc Uí Chaoimh, Cork, on May 4th and 5th, Boucher Playing Fields, Belfast, on May 9th, Pearse Stadium, Galway, on May 12th and 13th and Phoenix Park, Dublin, on May 16th and 18th.

Very good for his fans anyway

Really thought he would play Croke Park next summer but not too be

• Registered Users Posts: 11,261 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Very good for his fans anyway

Really thought he would play Croke Park next summer but not too be

Agreed, can't see touts having too much joy with that capacity over so many gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Pearse stadium nice! A gig that won't take hours of torture to get to/from is always a nice surprise.
    I wouldn't be a huuuge fan though so not sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Is that 7 gigs on this Island in total ? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Artists hardly ever do a tour of this little island. Yeah can't see the touts bothering with this one. Were probably counting their profits before the dates were announced :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

Im a bit blah when it comes to ed but if he sells out alll them dates you have to hand it to him. Any idea how much the tickets are

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

The Bruce approach. A good strategy in Ireland. Not a fan, but more power to him if he sells them out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

Hopefully its a success and this on top of bruce a few yrs back might encourage more artist to do the same

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

They have also said you need the credit card, id and booking confirmation for entry. But they don't usually enforce that too strictly when thousands of people are trying to get in.

I don't understand how he's so popular, also playing 6 stadiums in mainland UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭canireally

I'm interested to see how they enforce that ID etc. What if I give the tickets to a friend etc. I can see the entire show selling out in a couple of hours though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Wheety wrote: »

:confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,615 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

What if I give the tickets to a friend

Let your friend get their own tickets?
    If not, you would have to go as well with them or ID won't match.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,849 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

seachto7 wrote: »
    The Bruce approach. A good strategy in Ireland. Not a fan, but more power to him if he sells them out.

I think he will sell out Cork and Dublin, wondering would both venues add a 3rd show

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭board stiff

This is the message that appears underneath the event listing (Link below)

You are required to bring your tickets, booking confirmation and credit card, plus a form of ID or you may not be granted entry to the show. Your ticket is not valid if resold unless it’s through our official face-value resale partner Twickets

http://www.edsheeran.com/euuk2018tour

Herself will be happy now, surely we should be able to get tickets now for him. Yippee :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭siobhan08

What would be the capacity for the Phoenix Park Gig?

Wheety wrote: »
    They have also said you need the credit card, id and booking confirmation for entry. But they don't usually enforce that too strictly when thousands of people are trying to get in.

They wont enforce that ,not a hope .

6 at the moment but he will add extra dates at all of those venues.
    He is playing 12 sold out stadium concerts in Australia and 6 in New Zealand .He broke Dire Straits and AC/DC's touring record in Australia.
    Its baffling how popular he is .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 peckerdara

How many will the Phoenix Park hold? He could probably attract as much as the Pope!!

Advertisement