Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIP thread for people involved in film

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The Brady Bunch did that! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

The Brady Bunch did that! :p
    Forgot about them !
    Was thinking more about older people remarrying and blending grown up kids, totally different dynamic there !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,600 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Daria Nicolodi, actress who appeared in Dario Argentos Inferno, Deep Red, Opera and others has died aged 70. She was also the mother of Argentos daughter, Asia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I read that as Dario Argento had died for a split second. Must pay attention.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

David Prowse(Darth Vader) has died.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Calculator123

It's sad that he wasn't recognised more, given he was a key part of perhaps the most iconic screen villian of our times.

It's sad that he wasn't recognised more, given he was a key part of perhaps the most iconic screen villian of our times.

He's a cautionary tale about actors never taking off the mask, of a character.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭coastwatch

Didn't realise, he was the Green Cross Code man

q843Rry_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

• Registered Users Posts: 27,777 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

coastwatch wrote: »
    Didn't realise, he was the Green Cross Code man

That was before he turned to the Darkside and was using his powers for good.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

He was also Julian in A Clockwork Orange:

DavidProwseAClockworkOrange.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,505 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

All I can say is I hope he lived a good decent life because Darth Vader is indeed an iconic villain and he deserved more recognition for it. May he Rest In Peace.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

He was Frankenstein's Monster in some of the Hammer Horror films imposing guy was great as Lord Vadar even if he didn't do the voice the lightsaber battles were epic.

High Keays Byrne, Toecutter in Mad Max and Immortan Joe in Fury Road has died aged 73.

5cd6616dad3507b27b2ed552386cf62e.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭MfMan

High Keays Byrne, Toecutter in Mad Max and Immortan Joe in Fury Road has died aged 73.

5cd6616dad3507b27b2ed552386cf62e.jpg

Ah feck.

"But it's not for him, it's for meee Bubba!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWARF-8ywzs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭MfMan

Most famous American test pilot Chuck Yeager has passed. Featured prominently in the great The Right Stuff, being played by Sam Shephard.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,891 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Wow. I thought he died years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

MfMan wrote: »
    Most famous American test pilot Chuck Yeager has passed. Featured prominently in the great The Right Stuff, being played by Sam Shephard.
    It's a long movie, but it's reputation as a classic is deserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Skyknight

MfMan wrote: »

He was actually played a cameo role in the movie himself....There are some inaccuracies...but it was pretty good over all.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,788 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Barbara Windsor has died aged 83

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭Biafranlivemat

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Barbara Windsor has died aged 83
    Sad

I loved her in the Carry-on movies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,269 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Tommy "Zeus" Lister passed away aged 62 RIP.

He was in The Fifth Element, The Dark Knight, Runaway Train, Beverly Hills Cop 2 and Universal Solider and he also became a wrestler after staring in Hulk Hogan's first WWF Film No hold's Barred.

Sad

I loved her in the Carry-on movies.

So did I. Cognisance of her boobs was one of the signals of my entry into puberty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭p to the e

He was in The Fifth Element, The Dark Knight, Runaway Train, Beverly Hills Cop 2 and Universal Solider and he also became a wrestler after staring in Hulk Hogan's first WWF Film No hold's Barred.

I knew him mostly from the "Friday" films.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,103 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Sid James was the love of Barbara Windor's life and she his. Problem at the time was Sid was already married.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,788 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

p to the e wrote: »
    I knew him mostly from the "Friday" films.

RIP

I thought he was older

Yes I remember him from the Friday films too

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

She was also in Worzel Gummidge, she played a figurehead, IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,098 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

New Home wrote: »
    She was also in Worzel Gummidge, she played a figurehead, IIRC.

Her character was called Saucy Nancy, which seems appropriate. Her first screen appearance was as a schoolgirl in the Belles of St Trinians.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

Kim Ki-duk, the South Korean director has died from Covid-19. Used to really like his films. "Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter ... And Spring" stands out in my memory as a great film.

Peter Bradshaw's obit on him - https://www.theguardian.com/film/2020/dec/11/kim-ki-duk-shock-violence-beauty-south-korea-director?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,078 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Kim made some intriguing and surprisingly beautiful films. Even the quieter likes of Spring, Summer... had a fascination with sex and violence at their core. It was obviously more pronounced in some of his more ‘extreme’ fare.

Sadly, his legacy was tarnished after some grim allegations of his treatment of some actresses emerged. There were some very messy legal battles about it fairly recently. Given the treatment of women in some of his films, it alas casts an inescapable shadow over what was a curious and unique body of work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭Decuc500

I couldn't get past the animal cruelty in Kim Ki-duk's films but "Spring, Summer..." was definitely very impressive.

Advertisement