Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Old Irish Banknotes - Ploughmans and Lady Lavery

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Please take the frame apart and put me out of my misery! :D

I know!

I think you're most likely right about it being a poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Anthony O Brien

I used to sell these 4 or 5 years ago the exact same as the one in the photo, used get them from england in tubes and frame them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 burts81

dazriel wrote: »
    Hi

My mother has a Ploughmans £10 note and was wondering is there somewhere she can bring it to be valued?

Thanks

Dara
    Hi would your mum be interested in selling this note?

Hi.
    No I did not sell it yet. Still on the market
    Hi have you still got the ploughman banknote?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

Hi burts81,

welcome to the forum. Please familiarise yourself with the forum charter before posting. Here's a link to the charter: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054970957

Please do not solicit sales/buys on thread but use the Wanted section on www.adverts.ie You may then link to your wanted ad here on thread.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭arch staunton

Hello, Could some one tell me if there was a ploughmans note issued by what was then known as Leinster and Munster bank,and would it more or less valuable than one issued by the Dublin (central) bank Thanks

Hello, Could some one tell me if there was a ploughmans note issued by what was then known as Leinster and Munster bank,and would it more or less valuable than one issued by the Dublin (central) bank Thanks

I have a plougman banknote from the Leinster and Munster bank but am
    not sure off it's value

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Anthony O Brien

burts81 wrote: »
    I have a plougman banknote from the Leinster and Munster bank but am
    not sure off it's value

put up a picture here

• Registered Users Posts: 25 The Birdman

Can anybody tell me how much a war code 20 is worth?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Can anybody tell me how much a war code 20 is worth?

I'm only an amateur and i've only collected notes for a few years.

I have war code 10/-'s, 1's, 5's and a 10. But no twenty. And i've never seen one on ebay.

Certainly over a hundred euro's, maybe over 200? Possibly even a lot more than that. Condition is important of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Szarik102

@The Birdman
    Do you have a war cod 20?
    If so please post an image of it and I will give you an accurate estimate of value.
    Prices would start at 500+ Euro for a collectible note.
    I have seen several over the past few years.

Incidentally, a collectible Ploughman 10 of a common bank sells for 1,500-3,000 Euro, depending on which bank it is from. Northern is the rarest, Royal second rarest, then Ulster. A Royal 10 in a condition similar to the Hibernian 5 picture posted earlier in this thread would typically sell for about 4+ thousand Euro. A nicer note would likely fetch more.

Ploughman banks are as follows more or less from rarest to most common: Northern, Royal, Ulster, Hibernian, Provincial, Munster &Leinster, National, Bank ofIreland.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭jamiecoins

there is currently a 10 and 5 punt ploughman on sale on ebay.ie ,

Both are doing quite well. That should give a pretty good idea of the current value of both the 5 and 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Frowzy

Are the Lady Laverty notes worth anything? I have a red £20 note from 1975. Am posting from iPhone so can't post a pic but it is in good condition. Is it worth my while advertising or should I hold onto it?

F

A average used Lavery £20 note from 1975 is worth between 40 and 90 Euro depending on how nice it is. A very nice one, with one crease would be worth about 150. A perfect example would bring about 200.
    They are quite common, but also quite collectable.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭hop2it

hi i wonder could tell me what a used but in good conditon parnell £100 note is worth

hop2it wrote: »
    hi i wonder could tell me what a used but in good conditon parnell £100 note is worth

in condition good around 100-150 depending the un circulated notes go for 300-500 euro <SNIP>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭arnhem44

jamiecoins wrote: »
    in condition good around 100-150 depending the un circulated notes go for 300-500 euro <SNIP>

jamiecoins please familiarize yourself with the Collectibles & Antiques forum charter,no buying or selling is allowed.Moderator

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054970957

arnhem44 wrote: »
    jamiecoins please familiarize yourself with the Collectibles & Antiques forum charter,no buying or selling is allowed.Moderator

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054970957

i was not trying to buy it i was going to tell him to place it on adverts ! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 The Alternator

hi i am new to this forum but i have various notes (ploughman and lady lavery). I have a ploughman national bank £5 note and a ploughman munster and leinster £5 pound note with no tear/rips or stains. I also have a ploughman national bank £10 note in good condition. I have lady lavery notes also, 6 £5 notes, two £1 notes, two £10 pound notes and a £20 note. £1 notes are immaculate condition along with the £20 note. Few stains on the £5 notes and the £10 notes are in good condition. Just wondering if someone could tell me the values of these notes. regards.

• Advertisement

very hard to give a honest value as many people will over or under pay on certain notes the 5 punt ploughman around 300-700 all depending on the grade also the 10 punt ploughman (800-2600) all depending on the grade again these are not un realistic values but it is one hundred percent down to grading higher the grade the more the value more of the user will be able to advise you further and also u can sell your notes on adverts.ie they have a coin and note section also welcome to the forum
    jamie

jamiecoins wrote: »

The face value of a Parnell 100 note is 127 Euro. As such I think that you should be giving a minimum value of at least 127-150 Euro for a used example :D

@The Alternator
    There are several books available which give up to date values on Irish notes.

Your Ploughman 5 would have a value of between 500 for a low grade collectible example up to about 2000+ for an unused example.
    There is a pool of high grade National 5 Plough notes examples of which turn up from time to time. A run of 22 unused notes EF-AU were dumped on the market about a year ago depressing the prices somewhat of all the common Ploughman 5 notes. However an AU grade example fetched slightly over 2000 Euro subsequently in a London auction.
    ebay is a good indicator of values on lower grade notes — the auctions with lots of bidders which start at a low value.

Hey, im new to boards but have found it strange that there are no threads relating directly to the Ploughmans series of Banknotes.

I am a keen collector of all Irish banknotes and im in the process of getting my very own Ploughmans £5 sometime this week. My concern is that although i want to complete my full collection i fear i will never ever get my hands on a Ploughmans £10 banknote, its taken me almost 8 years to get the £5.

If anyone has knowledge in this field please discuss on this thread, as i say i can help with your concerns on these banknotes as i have them all, although i have very little solid knowledge with the worth of each note, again people can inform me of the full range of notes as they seem fit. I woulnt be that accurate in my estimations.

I know the Ploughmans series include the 1,5,10,20,50 and 100 pound banknote although after in depth study i found that all of the 20,50 & 100 notes have been reclaimed and accounted for.

Please add any knowledge, concerns, feedback or related topics here.

Cheers

theres one on ebay at the mo for bin over 5k lol

Rather overpriced at 5k.
    There are lots of Plough 10s sloshing about ont he market currently, at far less than 5k.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭mikehn

Hi All
    Could any one give me a ball park value figure for some 10 shilling notes that I have, they are dated 1/9/59, 25/5/66, 12/9/51.
    Also have a Bank of Ireland £1 Ploughman dated 3/7/39 in good condition and a 1960 British Linen Bank £1 note dated 15/4/1960.
    Thanks in advance for any help.

Difficult to give estimates without seeing the condition.
    !0/- notes are worth anything from a Euro each up to 30 Euro, depending on their condition. Most reasonably well used ones of this era would be worth about 10-15 Euro.
    BoI plough, 250-350 depending on how nice it is.
    BLB £, face value unless it is very nice, then a few Euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭mikehn

Thanks Szarik
    I was clearing out the old family home attic when I came across these,I also came across a number of dog licences dating back to the very eary 1900's each carring some form of revenue stamp it would be interesting to see if these have any value, do you have any idea where one would go with these old items.
    Apart from any monetary value the nostalgic value of poking through loads of old family items was priceless, I must make a point of leaving a stash for my future generation although most of our memories seen to be on usb sticks, cards discs etc.
    Regards

I have no idea where you could go to enquire about he dog licences I'm afraid. One of the local collectibles' auctioneers might know.

And electronic media become obsolete so fast. Try finding a way to read data off a floppy disk these days!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 hannahmthws

hi i just found this thread i was wondering i have some Series A lady lavery 1 pound notes in relatively good condition dated 69 and 76 does anyone know how much they would be worth?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭hblock21

Hi, Trying to find out how much an uncirculated £50 Douglas Hyde banknote is worth. Can't ready find much on the net. Anyone have any budget idea?

Advertisement