Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Trying to setup tv

• 07-02-2019 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭

Just bought a LG55UK6750PLD tv and trying to set it up,when i get as far as PROGRAMME TUNING i click on Quick search then below that it is looking for a frequency number and a network id.Any help would be much appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭DopeTech

damon5 wrote: »
    Just bought a LG55UK6750PLD tv and trying to set it up,when i get as far as PROGRAMME TUNING i click on Quick search then below that it is looking for a frequency number and a network id.Any help would be much appreciated :)

Sounds like it's trying to set up cable and you probably want digital aerial (saorview).I have that TV so I can look at the menus tonight if you are still stuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭damon5

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Sounds like it's trying to set up cable and you probably want digital aerial (saorview).I have that TV so I can look at the menus tonight if you are still stuck.

Thanks,clicked on Auto tuning,next page had a choice of Antenna,cable or satellite so i clicked on cable as its cable to my set top box then HDMI-Ethernet combined cable to the TV.
    Next page it said select cable sevice provider and showed two choices,Virgin Media or other operator so am with Virgin Media so clicked on that,Next page says "select cable settings" so i go for "TYPE quick search" and below that its looking for Frequency ( KHz ) numbers and below that Network ID,hav,nt a clue where i can find them :(

If i click on the Guide button on the Magic remote the Tv Guide page shows up but it wont show any programmes on the TV screen .......

p.s just looked at this link https://www.did.ie/lg-55-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-flat-led-smart-tv-meteor-titan-black-55uk6750pld-55uk6750pld-prd and it says that the tv doesnt have Saorview,no big loss anyway : )

• Registered Users Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Your set top box is doing the tuning.

Unless you have something connected to one of the antenna or sat inputs you shouldn't need to tune anything on your TV.

Just select HDMI as the source and use the set top box remote to select channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭damon5

Your set top box is doing the tuning.

Unless you have something connected to one of the antenna or sat inputs you shouldn't need to tune anything on your TV.

Just select HDMI as the source and use the set top box remote to select channels.

Thanks that makes sense its just that i was looking to have the tv guide on the tv accessible by the Magic remote and not having to use two remotes .....

Advertisement