Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The horrific death of Ana Kriegel

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,017 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I think if we all just thanked the first post with no speculation just to keep the thread open to show our solidarity with the family at this terrible time

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Ah here there's still an investigation going on

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Poor kid, a horrible end to a young life. I hope whoever is responsible is caught quickly. I can't imagine what her parents must be going through.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

At least give us a link to something?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Absolutely shockingly tragic story, I cant believe this happened in Dublin

RIP Anna, she deserved a much longer and happier life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭ Astrid Sweet Gong

Tragic event for the family.
    If reports are anything to go by it was an horrific end.

My wife favours bringing in the electric chair for those involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭ Astrid Sweet Gong

Patww79 wrote: »
    The media seem to be revelling in telling us that it was violent and an awful end. Even RTÉ's initial report read like some redtop rag at at a very early stage. A bit of decorum and thought for the family wouldn't go amiss from them all.

Or it may just be the nudge someone needs to tell what they know after hearing what actually happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

The media seem to be revelling in telling us that it was violent and an awful end. Even RTÉ's initial report read like some redtop rag at at a very early stage. A bit of decorum and thought for the family wouldn't go amiss from them all.

I taught the same, a bit of respect for the family should of been shown I think

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

The pain is over for the poor girl, and only starting for her family, classmates, friends and all who knew her.

I just hope the people who did this are over 18 so they can be tried properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,216 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Does it matter ?

She was a young girl who apparently suffered a horrendous death , no matter where she came from .

Seemingly adopted and lived all her life here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

You're a knob but to answer your question she was Russian by birth adopted by a couple who were Irish and French.
    Lives in a community I grew up in. Don't remember another murder in the community, people are shocked.
    It's as bad as it gets. I know plenty of details as do many in the area now but let the powers that be do the right thing.

Too petrified to go seeking the details of what happened to her. Very sad. There are some sick fcukers out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Conservatory

jamesbere wrote: »
    I taught the same, a bit of respect for the family should of been shown I think

It could be to show friends of hers how badly she was treated. This will hopefully make sure they aren’t trying to cover for each other or anyone or get themselves into trouble by lying to Garda to cover the horrible actions of some piece of ****.

It’s easy to sit at home and question every bodies actions and I’d hate to think the newsmen are running around excited about this. The fact rte are behaving this way I’d imagine is because the guards told them this way would be helpful to enqueries.

Death by electric chair was mentioned earlier and my first thought was that’s be too good for them. I really think some crimes should have a death by bench saw punishment but that’s a discussion for another time. I hope the family can pull through this. I don’t know if I could.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

The media can be really distasteful when it comes to gory details. I remember after the Buncrana drowning, both RTÉ and TV3 pressing shellshocked bystanders to give them more and more details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

I can't believe this has happened to a 14 year old girl. We passed by there when the guards were there and we knew something had happened. So shocking and heartbreaking. When you think about it, 14 years old is just two years out of primary school. A child! Her poor family, I weep for what they are going through.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭kaymin

According to the Independent:

Investigators are hoping to speak to two boys, aged in their early teens, in the coming days.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/mobile-phone-and-clothing-of-murdered-schoolgirl-ana-14-yield-vital-clues-to-identifying-killer-36921646.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Parents worst nightmare.
    Poor girl.

The fcukers who did it should get the gibbet for the rest of their days.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

RIP

Whoever did this should be locked up for the rest of their natural life.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,131 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Every parents worst nightmare.

RIP to her, life cut well too short.

Hopefully whoever is responsible will be held accountable.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Advertisement

The poor child and God love her parents :( It´s unimaginable. May she rest in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Was paying for coffee in a filling station there this afternoon and a few of the papers headlines caught my eye, obviously to do with this threads subject.

A few went into a little bit too much detail if you ask me, namely the Star and the Mail.

I never picked either of them up, but the headline on the front pages lay there for all to see.

Thought it was a bit insensitive, too much specifics, and lacked a bit of respect to the deceased and the family.

From what I've seen, she was a beautiful young lady.

R.I.P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

should get the gibbet for the rest of their days.

Delightfully ironic mangling of logic and english there RH. :pac:

I don't think it is overstating it to say that this is one of the most serious crimes in the history of the state. For a child to be killed with such savagery and violence.

I'm glad that they've identified suspects. Very dangerous people and they need to be taken out of circulation permanently.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,198 ✭✭✭sonic85

Whoever is responsible needs to be taken to a remote area and given two in the chest and one in the head. Pure and utter scum

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Terrible thing to happen to that poor girl. God knows what possessed those individuals into thinking killing her in this fashion would be a good idea.

Child murder is extremely rare in the Republic thankfully, I remember reading before that we have one of the lowest rates in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,370 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

RIP the poor girl my daughters around the same age and this is truly every parents worst nightmare. Apparantly kids around her own age did this No doubt they will be caught tried as juveniles and out what within 10 years? It reminds me a bit to the Jamie Bulger case.
    I would have no problem ending the murdering scums life they don’t deserve to live after what they did to this poor girl. Sorry for strong comments but this crime has really affected me, the sheer cruelty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Are Am Eye wrote: »
    Delightfully ironic mangling of logic and english there RH. :pac:

I don't think it is overstating it to say that this is one of the most serious crimes in the history of the state. For a child to be killed with such savagery and violence.

I'm glad that they've identified suspects. Very dangerous people and they need to be taken out of circulation permanently.

RIP , poor girl. A first year student. Seriously!?!

Have they really got suspects in mind at this point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

My wife favours bringing in the electric chair for those involved.

I always been a supporter of the death penalty and believe that the culprits in this case deserve that fate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭RHJ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Berserker wrote: »
    I always been a supporter of the death penalty and believe that the culprits in this case deserve that fate.

I’m not a huge supporter usually, but in this case, why the **** not? Why should this/these scum have a right to life after what they’ve done?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement