Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pre Built CCL PC Upgrade

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

Looks pretty decent tbh. The 3400G is a good CPU and should hold up well for VR. The integrated graphics will allow you to play esports titles for now, and some decently optimised games on low settings. The RAM is a bit bad, but it's not a major dealbreaker (you'd get about a 10% performance boost by upgrading this to 3200MHz RAM some point). The PSU isn't the best quality, but reviews seem to say it's better than most OEM power supplies. You'll be stuck with 2nd Gen Ryzen if you decide to stick with that board. The A320 doesn't support the non "G" (integrated graphics) Ryzen 3000 series. https://www.extremetech.com/computing/292224-amds-x570-chipset-isnt-fully-backwards-compatible-a320-wont-support-ryzen-3000

It's hard to beat that price though and I don't think the motherboard is that much of an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Xenoronin wrote: »
    Looks pretty decent tbh. The 3400G is a good CPU and should hold up well for VR. The integrated graphics will allow you to play esports titles for now, and some decently optimised games on low settings. The RAM is a bit bad, but it's not a major dealbreaker (you'd get about a 10% performance boost by upgrading this to 3200MHz RAM some point). The PSU isn't the best quality, but reviews seem to say it's better than most OEM power supplies. You'll be stuck with 2nd Gen Ryzen if you decide to stick with that board. The A320 doesn't support the non "G" (integrated graphics) Ryzen 3000 series. https://www.extremetech.com/computing/292224-amds-x570-chipset-isnt-fully-backwards-compatible-a320-wont-support-ryzen-3000

It's hard to beat that price though and I don't think the motherboard is that much of an issue.

Thats great thanks, Its actually for my daughter for christmas. She is big in Apex Legends so I just want to make sure it runs smooth enough for that at the moment and she also wants to stream to twitch and mixer. I think I might take your advice and upgrade the RAM to the 3200MHz though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Homelander

That build is completely unsuitable for Apex let alone streaming! It's only suitable for something like fortnite or overwatch really and even then at reduced settings.

Even without streaming apex would only run at lowest setting and resolution on those integrated graphics. It takes a gtx1050 to run at 1080p low settings 45-60fps and that is probably 2 or 3 times faster.

You would be better off spending an extra 100 and getting a pc that can run it at high settings.

Homelander wrote: »
    That build is completely unsuitable for Apex let alone streaming! It's only suitable for something like fortnite or overwatch really and even then at reduced settings.

Even without streaming apex would only run at lowest setting and resolution on those integrated graphics. It takes a gtx1050 to run at 1080p low settings 45-60fps and that is probably 2 or 3 times faster.

You would be better off spending an extra 100 and getting a pc that can run it at high settings.

So basically what your saying is I need a dedicated graphics card? If so any suggestions?

To be honest you are asking a lot from a very small budget. Games generally need an OK cpu and an OK graphics card, but streaming requires a very good cpu on top of needing a decent graphics card to run games like Apex.

The ccl one is useless for what you want to do though.

For example this PC is triple the speed of the CCL one and actually costs similar, worse processor but graphics card would run apex at ultra settings fine. overall miles better for same price.

https://www.awd-it.co.uk/awd-amd-nimbus-rgb-ryzen-2300x-quad-core-4.0-ghz-radeon-rx-580-4gb-pc.html

But for streaming I would put in an extra £80 pound and get this, cpu is excellent for streaming while gaming

https://www.awd-it.co.uk/awd-stronghold-2600-six-core-3.9ghz-rx-580-8gb-desktop-gaming-pc.html

• Advertisement

If you also upgrade that nimbus one to a 2600 in the drop down options it's still only £373 for Ryzen 2600 + RX580.

in fact fully upgraded to ryzen 2600, rx580, 16gb ddr4 3000mhz and 500gb ssd it's still only £425 and it would be perfect for running games like apex at ultra settings, and streaming too.

the stronghold one has the 8gb rx580, vs the 4gb rx580 of the nimbus model, in case you were wondering what difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,772 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

To be honest you are asking a lot from a very small budget. Games generally need an OK cpu and an OK graphics card, but streaming requires a very good cpu on top of needing a decent graphics card to run games like Apex.

The ccl one is useless for what you want to do though.

For example this PC is triple the speed of the CCL one and actually costs similar, worse processor but graphics card would run apex at ultra settings fine. overall miles better for same price.

https://www.awd-it.co.uk/awd-amd-nimbus-rgb-ryzen-2300x-quad-core-4.0-ghz-radeon-rx-580-4gb-pc.html

But for streaming I would put in an extra £80 pound and get this, cpu is excellent for streaming while gaming

https://www.awd-it.co.uk/awd-stronghold-2600-six-core-3.9ghz-rx-580-8gb-desktop-gaming-pc.html

Your first one is £60 more than the CCL and the second one is £140 more. OP needs to up their budget a bit.

Sorry my figures were a bit out as for some reason that site quotes ex vat (never used to before).

still though, the CCL one is utterly useless for what he wants so there is no point. If you can't up the budget you would be better off going 2nd hand and getting a much better pc for same money.

Sorry my figures were a bit out as for some reason that site quotes ex vat (never used to before).

still though, the CCL one is utterly useless for what he wants so there is no point. If you can't up the budget you would be better off going 2nd hand and getting a much better pc for same money.

OK great appreciate the help. I'll see what I can do about the budget, but seems I will need a good graphics card for her needs. May even go down the self build route to try and get there a bit cheaper if so i will come back and make a new self build thread.

Self build won't be much cheaper to be honest, a lot of places have discounts on prebuilds with older or excess stock. Especially on a low budget.

You definitely need a good graphics card. Apex will run on a 3400G in that CCL computer but only at 720p low settings for 60fps, I doubt anyone wants to be doing that with a brand new PC, especially a streaming pc, game will look awful.

But again as I said streaming also requires a good processor rather than a low-end budget one. Apex is OK for low-end CPUs, but not so much when streaming is thrown in too. The 3400G is ok for both on games like that.

The ideal combo is something like ryzen 2600 + rx570/rx580, game would run at ultra and stream well. If you can't afford that, I would build a ryzen 2600 base and then buy a cheap 2nd hand graphics card to get you through for now. 8gb ram is fine for now for that and can be upgraded later.

Also you could consider 2nd hand. Some pcs on adverts are way overpriced but some might be open to good offers. I see a few RX570 PC's with OK processors that would likely sell for 350-400 if offered

• Advertisement

Self build won't be much cheaper to be honest, a lot of places have discounts on prebuilds with older or excess stock. Especially on a low budget.

You definitely need a good graphics card. Apex will run on a 3400G in that CCL computer but only at 720p low settings for 60fps, I doubt anyone wants to be doing that with a brand new PC, especially a streaming pc, game will look awful.

But again as I said streaming also requires a good processor rather than a low-end budget one. Apex is OK for low-end CPUs, but not so much when streaming is thrown in too. The 3400G is ok for both on games like that.

The ideal combo is something like ryzen 2600 + rx570/rx580, game would run at ultra and stream well. If you can't afford that, I would build a ryzen 2600 base and then buy a cheap 2nd hand graphics card to get you through for now. 8gb ram is fine for now for that and can be upgraded later.

Also you could consider 2nd hand. Some pcs on adverts are way overpriced but some might be open to good offers. I see a few RX570 PC's with OK processors that would likely sell for 350-400 if offered

haha now I know whay I went from PC to Xbox :-D appreciate the help, i'll update and let you know what I ended up going for

Tried my hand at pc part picker for the first time wondering what u think of this pc, just in my budget too. https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/gKxXvW

Advertisement