Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Would you report someone for Social Welfare fraud

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭14dMoney

GoneHome wrote: »
    Ok I know of a least three people claiming jobseekers and disability while working on the side, another I know who has a medical card when his wife is on over €80,000, all people I know, we're breaking our ass getting up at 6 every morning to go to work, getting peed off with it, would you report them or say f**k it if they can get away with it leave them off?

Of course I would. Able-bodied people defrauding the state are nothing but bottom-feeders.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

14dMoney wrote: »
    Of course I would. Able-bodied people defrauding the state are nothing but bottom-feeders.

Life is complicated.
    Joe Skanger frauds the social.
    Mike self-employed doesn't declare all his income.
    John corporate uses creative loop holes to not pay tax or hardly at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭AulWan

Unfortunately the general public aren’t privy to the same access as those in official positions, making it pretty much impossible to be one hundred % certain. That is why, when you report your suspicions they’re followed up in a fair and thorough manner: I would say ripping off people who get up every morning and go to work is more lousy, to be honest.

Well if someone starts bragging to you about how they're ripping of the system and getting away with it, then fire away.

But if something is only a suspicion in your mind, then I would leave it be. People get it wrong all the time, look how many people don't realise that someone on Disability Allowance is allowed to work a certain amount ofhours per week, or that someone on Jobseekers can claim for some days, while working others.

I've personally seen the hardship malicious / unfounded reporting has caused so I would not be in any hurry to do that to anyone without having all the facts. You could literally be taking the food out of someone's mouth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Dawido

I live with my parents in a council house, I am working and have to wake up at 6 to make it into the office at 8:30 I am back home at 8p.m. So my father is on disability since he has carpel tunnel syndrome it's weird since he performs actions such as taking very heavy door out of the hinges with his hands (he did it because he was mad at my mother).. I think I am going to report him since he is kicking me out of the house and it's unfair he doesn't work and haven't worked since like 10 years.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,824 ✭✭✭enricoh

You gonna report your boss for PRSI and employer contribution avoidance? How many other people is he playing this fiddle with?

Yes, yes i will.
    Hard to put a number on it - I'd say 27.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,513 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

another I know who has a medical card when his wife is on over €80,000, all people I know,
    Banie01 I'm certain on the fraud with the girl on €80,000 working for the HSE, a Medical Card, the husband stays at home minding the two kids,
    That's the problem with this couple, he's claiming he's just renting a room in her house even though they have two kids together, he's letting on his single on disabillity even though the partner is in a big job in the HSE earnign €80,000

Well that bullshít acorn certainly bloomed in 3 posts.

He went from having just a medical card to a medical card, disability and rent allowance living in his 80k a year wifes house.

You should definitely report them - I can't see why you are even starting a thread about it.

Of course none of that actually happened, did it?

source.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

AulWan wrote: »
    Well if someone starts bragging to you about how they're ripping of the system and getting away with it, then fire away.

But if something is only a suspicion in your mind, then I would leave it be. People get it wrong all the time, look how many people don't realise that someone on Disability Allowance are allowed to work a certain amount of hours per week, or that someone on Jobseekers can claim for some days, while working others.

I've personally seen the hardship malicious / unfounded reporting has caused so I would not be in any hurry to do that to anyone without being damn sure of my facts first. You could literally be taking the food out of someone's mouth.
    They wouldn’t stop paying someone based on an allegation, it would be investigated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭AulWan

They wouldn’t stop paying someone based on an allegation, it would be investigated

You don't have to take my word for it.

But ask yourself, what do I have to gain by making it up?

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

macnug wrote: »
    I'm on that scheme, you don't get a medical card just all medications related to the illness are free. Still have to pay to see the doctor.

I'm on the LTI scheme as well. I didn't even bother applying for a medical card because I work fulltime.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

I'm sorry but 'its impossible to get a medical card if working full time'

Is bxxshxt.

It all depends, you could earn 1500 a week yet have 900 in outgoings and a long term illness and be granted one.

People seem to think because the medical card is a benefit that you cannot get one if you work full time. Of course you can. Its a means test after all.

Plenty of full time working families with huge mortgages would be ffed if they didnt have one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭starbaby2003

What exact job are they doing in the HSE to be on €80k ? The payscales don’t add up. I think this is a bull**** thread.

Advertisement