Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exit fee

• 07-09-2020 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

Hi,

I have just been charged an exit fee even though I didn't leave before the end of contract. Can someone advise me please

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi leelee77,

We have sent you a private message.

Kind regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Hmmm, what exactly is going on here Electric Ireland?

I had a very unpleasant call this afternoon from one of your agents telling me that I had exited my contract a day early. When I disputed this he practically shouted down the phone at me and got all huffy telling me that he was only trying to sort it out, his attitude was totally unnecessary.

I told him that I had an email from Electric Ireland confirming the date that my contract was up and I had switched that day.

He then transferred me to a customer service agent who told me that I’d switched on a different date than the first guy had told me. I mean their stories weren’t even straight! I replied telling him that I had an email from Electric Ireland with the date the contract expired and an email from my new provider with the date I signed up with them. He waved the exit free :rolleyes:

I just decided to google this evening to see if anyone else was having these issues and it seems to be pretty commonplace having come across at least three different threads on the subject from not a very in depth search.

I’m really concerned for the people who wouldn’t be able to stand up for themselves so I think I’ll be taking this further.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi Toulouse,

We are very sorry to read it.

Can you private message us the Electric Ireland account number, the name, address, telephone number on the account, and state in the message (for Data Protection) that you are the account-holder?

We will then escalate.

Thanks,
    Una

Advertisement