Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

First time buyer query

• 06-07-2020 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

Looking for a bit of clarification. My aunt is in the process of putting her house in her daughters name. The daughter is worried that this will impact her getting a mortgage in the future and won't be classed as a first time buyer. Is this correct?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

lunamoon wrote: »
    Looking for a bit of clarification. My aunt is in the process of putting her house in her daughters name. The daughter is worried that this will impact her getting a mortgage in the future and won't be classed as a first time buyer. Is this correct?

We experienced something similar where my fiancé was left a house by an uncle before we bought our home. Revenue didn’t count us as first time buyers and so we didn’t qualify for the first time buyers grant, but the banks did consider us first time buyers and so we were able to only have the 10% deposit.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Shamboo1801

The CBoI defines a ftb as "a borrower to which no housing loan has ever before been advanced."

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lunamoon

The CBoI defines a ftb as "a borrower to which no housing loan has ever before been advanced."

That's brilliant thanks for the replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

My brother & I had our names on our grandmother's house which was left to us by our mother, our granny had a right of residence for her lifetime. My husband and I bought two years ago and qualified as first time buyers, also got the HTB after a bit of to-ing and fro-ing with Revenue and the Property Tax people.

Advertisement