Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

HKC SW-1070 External Bell Box Wiring issue

Options
  • 20-01-2021 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi i have HKC SW-1070 panel and unsure how to connect the bell box supplied from wholesaler....

External bell box is ( Reson8 Bell Box ) i have attached wiring diagram that comes with this bell box

As diagrams are different i would really appreciate a wiring diagram on how to connect and if i need to use resistor(s) etc

If i need to answer any questions i will be online

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,640 ✭✭✭✭altor

/
    greenore wrote: »
    Hi i have HKC SW-1070 panel and unsure how to connect the bell box supplied from wholesaler....

External bell box is ( Reson8 Bell Box ) i have attached wiring diagram that comes with this bell box

As diagrams are different i would really appreciate a wiring diagram on how to connect and if i need to use resistor(s) etc

If i need to answer any questions i will be online

Thanks in advance

BHO minus to hold off minus
    BHO plus EXT bell plus
    External bell minus to trigger minus
    Strobe minus to strobe minus
    Return with 4KZ resistor in bell in line to return in panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭greenore

altor wrote:
    BHO minus to hold off minus BHO plus EXT bell plus External bell minus to trigger minus Strobe minus to strobe minus Return with 4KZ resistor in bell in line to return in panel.

Only bit I don't understand here is

I have the 4KZ resistor but cant understand what this last bit means

Thank you Altor 👌

Only bit I don't understand here is

I have the 4KZ resistor but cant understand what this last bit means

Thank you Altor ��

Put return cable into panel return.
    Then in the bell put one leg of 4K7 resistor in T, other leg will be joined with the cable that goes to tamper return, in series.

altor your a ledgend..... up and running today, many thanks!!!!!!

one more question, want to add a second keypad, do i need to go for the full HKC as came with panel? This will be at the back door and dont need to look pretty lol

its costing €119 which is madness

:)

altor your a ledgend..... up and running today, many thanks!!!!!!

one more question, want to add a second keypad, do i need to go for the full HKC as came with panel? This will be at the back door and dont need to look pretty lol

its costing €119 which is madness

:)

Glad you got it sorted :D

You will need a HKC keypad to use with the HKC system.
    New touchpad keypad can be got in suppliers now.

• Advertisement

Many thanks for your help, I'm on the North Louth/Armagh border, could you suggest a supplier? Also want to install inside bell, HKC needed as well? Also want to cover 3 doors with wireless door contacts, would appreciate your recommendation

Many thanks for your help, I'm on the North Louth/Armagh border, could you suggest a supplier? Also want to install inside bell, HKC needed as well? Also want to cover 3 doors with wireless door contacts, would appreciate your recommendation

Have a look here on the suppliers list.
    Internal bells can be made by different manufactures so you would need to see what they supply. HKC do their own Internal bell.
    RF Inertia/contacts have a vibration sensor and a contact built in. Using a contact only on the door means it will only activate the alarm when its open.

Advertisement